Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149943 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #315 on: February 23, 2004, 10:02 PM »
yes, they do take up a lot of space, but in my opinion they are some of the best work coming out of hasbro right now. with the help of some of our better forum members here, i managed to get my hands on the full set (so far). of course, every time they release a new series, it seems like i need to find somewhere new to put them... in these pics they are sitting on top of 3 bookcases in my computer room. but, it looks like they need to be moved when the next series comes out.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2004, 10:39 AM »
Real nice looking collection you have there jokabofe!  Also, I see today that SirSteve's Guide has some prototype shots up of the upcoming Aayla Secura unleashed.  I've pretty much been sticking to OT-only with these, but I'm sure this one will be popular.  You can check out a couple of pics here:

SSG's Aayla Secura Pics

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2004, 10:44 AM »
Nice, but not what I expected.  Although I can see the gracefullness of the figure.  Can't wait to see the final product.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Yes, I was just popping over here to post the link, when I caught it was already reported on the front page.  I really am pleased with the pose.  I like the elegant look and can't wait to see her painted.  I was hoping it was more in this fashion and not some wild, disheveled look.

So, that leaves the Tuskan Raider pose as the last one to see.
Beth

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2004, 05:02 PM »
I think she looks great.  The best thing about the Unleashed series is that they are the only series where the final product usually looks better than the prototype.  

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Originally I was not interested in the Aayla. BUT, having seen this piece, and the elegance/detail... I've changed my mind. I may very well purchase this... Elegance was not what I expected.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Nice, but not what I expected.  Although I can see the gracefullness of the figure.  Can't wait to see the final product.

Totally not what i expected either.  I dont like it to much, she looks like she is dancing!  But i think they could of made her alot better, i was thinking that since her figure was great, that her unleashed would do good. But i guess i was wrong.  Hasbro is being crappy now anyway, look at all the re-hashed fans choice figures!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2004, 06:47 PM »
I don't collect the Unleashed line, but like the dirty little collecting perv that I am, I did for some reason pick up the Unleashed Slave Leia.  Just too cool to pass on.  I may do the same with the Aayla figure as well.  Besides, they'll make nice bookends to a cool illustration I've got an illustrious artist hard at work on...   8)

I wish they had gotten the Arena Padme a little better though, as she would've fit nicely with these two.  Mara Jade anyone?

Star Wars sex appeal, at it's finest...   ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2004, 08:15 PM »
I'm not all that thrilled with this new Aayla Secura figure.  She looks okay I guess, but I was looking for something more "unleashed" than this.  I was hoping she'd be slicing through a Super Battle Droid or someone else on the Separatist side (maybe even a Geonosian Warrior).  This is a figure that I will still end up buying, but it could have been done better IMO.
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2004, 08:30 PM »
Mara Jade anyone?

I'd send you all my MR stuff Matt, if you could make that one happen!!!

Edit: so excited I couldn't spell right ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 08:20 AM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2004, 09:33 PM »
That would indeed be an awesome figure to have.  Wouldn't have to be dramatically different from the EU figure to make me happy, though I'm sure it would.  Wow, what a great suggestion :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 1, 2004, 03:40 PM »
Got Chewie, Clonie and Lukie  their nice, I'm not big on Chewbacca, he's sort of weird looking.  Luke though and the Clone too arr great!!!!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 2, 2004, 11:35 AM »
What's on your Unleashed Wishlist?

Mine...

Dengar
IG88
Zuckuss
4LOM
FX7!!!
Stormtrooper
R2
3PO
Ki Adi Mundi
Plo Koon
Jabba :P
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 2, 2004, 07:04 PM »
hmmm, unleashed wishlist....

stormtrooper
han hoth w/ tauntaun
wampa
biker scout w/bike
amanaman
aurra sing
arc trooper
assaj ventress

and what about some 2-packs?
old school ben kenobi vs. vader 2 pack
luke vs. vader 2 pack
yoda vs. dooku 2 pack

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 3, 2004, 09:30 AM »
Wow, good choices there.  I'd like to see a Stormtrooper, Bespin or Endor Han, Bespin Luke, Biker Scout, Skiff Lando, Old Ben Kenobi, and Ewoks (liked MisterPL's sketch) to name a few.  If they could get into a little larger scale, I really like the ideas of Hoth Han w/ Tauntaun and the Wampa.  Those would look sweet.  Jabba would be cool too, but I'm not sure how they would "unleash" him :).