Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 151606 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #420 on: August 4, 2004, 11:09 PM »
NP!  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 4, 2004, 11:09 PM »
Well, what is this?

Oh my....

The Unleashed Stormtrooper looks great.  I hope the blaster effects are removable.  I can't wait to add the Unleashed Stormtrooper to my collection, along with Unleashed IG-88 and Unleashed Bossk.  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 4, 2004, 11:14 PM »
I like the blast door frame behind him, and the blaster shots going by just add the icing to this cake!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 5, 2004, 12:14 AM »
i wonder if the fact that his other hand is just sitting in the middle of nowhere instead of holding onto his gun was just from the photo, or if that's the way the figure actually is. but he looks great, besides that minor point (nothing a hair dryer and some super glue won't fix  ;D )

thanks for the pics nick  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 5, 2004, 12:50 AM »
Wow, that Stormtrooper looks great. Thanks for pictures Nick!  8)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 5, 2004, 07:33 AM »

Edit:
Can we get that smiley as a permanent addition?  It works on so many levels.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2004, 07:36 AM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 5, 2004, 08:29 AM »
Thanks for posting that Nick.  Man, that Stormtrooper looks pretty cool.  I'm really digging this line right now, and this looks like one of the best ones yet.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #427 on: August 5, 2004, 03:21 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the helmet looks wrong? The jaw-piece seems to large or something. :-\ Okay, I'll stop complaining.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #428 on: August 5, 2004, 07:34 PM »
Ya' know, I've NEVER collected just "what I like" from any given Star Wars line.  Just can't do it.  It goes 100% against my OCD, and there's just no way whatsoever that I can try and fight it.

That said, I'm really considering buying some more OT Unleashed figures (I have the Leia) just 'cause they look so cool.  There's a few that I deplore (like Jedi Luke), but I'm honestly thinking about picking up some of the upcoming ones, like Bossk, Tusken, IG, Stormie, and even PT Aayla...  I just don't know if I can really do it.  Make me nervous to go out on a limb like that, with an INCOMPLETE collection of something.  I dunno...  Whaddaya guys think?  Can I do it?

Yeah, see now, thanks for the support!   ::)  I'm already totally slipping here, and completely screwing everything up.  Dammit!   >:(  I bought the horrid looking Chewie the other day (so there goes my "only if they look cool" idea), then I bought the Red Clonetrooper (so there goes my "only the OT" idea), and finally, today I bought the Snowspeeder Luke (which I've liked all along).  Great.  Just great.  See what happens when Target finally starts carrying this stuff?   :-\

I'm trying to convince myself to return the Chewie and Clone.  Difficult battle with the OCD this will be...   :'(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 5, 2004, 07:59 PM »
Matt, check your PMs ;)

So are you collecting two each of the Unleashed?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #430 on: August 6, 2004, 02:10 PM »
No PMs there from you Adam...   ???

Funny, but the moment that I saw last night on the main forum page, that the most recent post in the Other Collectibles forum was by you, Adam, in this Unleashed thread, and knowing what I mentioned in my prior post here, I knew exactly what was coming...   :P

So go ahead and lay your offer on me, bud!   ;)  Not promising anything, but we can discuss it...

So are you collecting two each of the Unleashed?

HELL NO!!!  Seriously.  Nuh-uh.  I swear to God.  Not gonna happen.  For real.  Never.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #431 on: August 6, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Well, guess I was wrong about that, eh Adam?!   :P  Not unloading the Unleashed collection after all, I guess (assuming you even had one).  Thanks for the offer to help.  I'll let you know what I may need in the future, but I think I'm (hopefully) cool for now...

BTW, just going with openers on these.  No carded set!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 6, 2004, 02:34 PM »
Openers is a good way to go with these I think, they just look so much better out in the open.  I really enjoy this line, but have limited it to OT since they take up a bit of space.  Plus, since they have changed the cardbacks, the artwork is pretty amazing as well.  I've been carefully keeping all the backs, with hopes of displaying all of them with the art behind them.  The one catch...I picked up the Jedi Luke on the old backs...so I'd be one short :(.  We'll see, maybe I'll have to nix that idea, or maybe it wouldn't look that great anyways.  At least that is what I'll tell myself ;).  Overall, neat line to collect I think, different interpretations of our favorite characters...I hope it continues for awhile.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 6, 2004, 11:13 PM »
Openers is a good way to go with these I think, they just look so much better out in the open.  

I think this is the key point as to why the line sold so poorly early on.  They display horribly in the package, at least the early ones.  The newer artwork makes them more appealing, but I still think you lose so much with this line in particular.  

Space is becoming an issue with these, no doubt about it.  I wouldn't mind going OT only but some of the PT pieces are among the nicest of the bunch.  In fact, for me in many ways the PT stuff is nicer than the OT stuff.   :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #434 on: August 9, 2004, 09:36 AM »
Just as Matt jumps in I'm thinking of jumping out...haven't decided yet, space and cost and a lack of enthusiasm for the next two waves don't have me all too pumped up anymore

Still haging on though