Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150628 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #585 on: April 15, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Yeah, I've been debating on whether or not to go ahead and cancel them as well.  I have them on order right now, mainly because there is the free shipping offer, and if there wasn't I would probably just say forget it.  I'll leave them for now, and see how easy they will be to find once they start popping up around the country.

Although I haven't yet opened up my new Unleashed (need to get one more shelf ;)), from what I have seen of these figures, I have to agree with you, the Anakin and Obi look awesome to me.  I can't wait to get them opened up, and I plan to make them the "centerpiece" of my Unleashed collection.  I'm with you, it is kind of sad to see so many of them hanging about now.  It is somewhat rare to see a Grievous, but Anakin and Obi are much more plentiful.  I saw a lot of them selling opening weekend, but it has slowed since then.  Hopefully they won't become pegwarmers, because they don't deserve to be.  It reminds me of the VOTC Han Solo, which was hanging about a bit, and to me is one of the best action figures we've ever seen in the Star Wars line.  Hopfully more people will give this Anakin/Obi combo a try, as they do look cool.  The Unleashed line is really becoming one of my favorites, although it certainly is a space monster ;).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 15, 2005, 07:20 PM »
I'm actually thinking about picking up an Anakin and an Obi-Wan as a birthday gift for my cousin.  She's a big Hayden Christensen fan, and she's been talking about wanting a generic Hayden figure to put on her bookcase at home.  I figure I can get her an awesome birthday gift, hopefully bring a smile to her face, and have someone else see how great these are.

It looks like the wave 2 of ROTS-ish Unleashed is back on the Amazon site, listed as in-stock and shipping in 2-3 days.  I really wish they would update that site more than they do.  Half of the stuff listed on the pages is "Not yet released" and the rest is "Out of stock." 

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 15, 2005, 08:50 PM »
I just got 2 F/X sabers and put them on top of my desk, which is where my now growing Unleashed collection was so time to run out and get a shelf after C3!

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 18, 2005, 11:50 PM »
DoctorPadawan,

Thanks for the review and input on the Obi and Anakin.  I decided to purchase these two and even got a Holo Yoda out of the deal  ;D.  I opened these the other day and am pleased with them. 

I have held out on this line mostly for budgeting and space purposes.  I saw Grievous at MM and had to pick him up.  In about two weeks I picked up Tusken, Luke (Hoth), Leia, Bossk, Ani, Obi, Grievous, Dooku, and Mace.

I'm still foaming at the mouth to pick up Stormtrooper, IG-88, and Aurra at a decent price. 

I have pre-ordered the next wave on Amazon.

Ultimately, I am now of the opinion that this is a great line, so much so that I returned most of my ROTS Basic Figures so that I could have room to display these properly.  I will get some pics up this weekend.

Great line and I hope to contribute to this thread in the future.

DBK     

-edit-

I almost forgot, I cant believe how much some of these pieces have appreciated.  I used to see Boba and Han Solo's en masse, now I will be lucky if I get these at a decent price = mind boggling!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:54 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 19, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I know, the prices of the ones I'm missing are ridiculous!!

Yoda, Boba, Jango and Maul have gone through the roof - take a look at the unmasked Vader too - close to $100.

:o

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 19, 2005, 04:18 PM »
I almost forgot, I cant believe how much some of these pieces have appreciated.

Yeah, it's really mind blowing to see how much some of the older pieces are going for these days.  All I used to see when I would walk into any retailer (in the days before I started collecting the line; I was still in my "This is going to fail so bad, but I'll buy Boba Fett.  And Sidious.  Luke won't hurt either.  Oh, Padme is nice.  I can't pass up Vader.  And Dooku." and so on phase) was Jango Fett, often for about 7.50 on clearance, ten deep on the pegs, and now that figure is one of the three I'm still missing and can't find anywhere for below 20 bucks before shipping.   :-\

I'm hoping that Hasbro will do another "recard" wave that gets some of the harder to find figures back into circulation (I'm hoping Unmasked Vader and Yoda are amongst these, as they are the other two I'm missing myself; but I think Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper/IG-88/Sing wave should be out and about and abundant too), but with several of these making their second appearance in the line (and since they just recarded the first Vader last year), I'm afraid it won't end up happening.

This ST/IG/Sing wave has me really confused though, as I can't imagine why they haven't shown up anywhere after the 04/02 rollout of ROTS stuff.  I figured that they were sitting on them in the back after the "NO STAR WARS STOCKING" rumors that started in mid-March, but as yet, I've not seen any of them again.  I was extraordinarily lucky to get the Sing and IG-88 at retail, and the Stormtrooper for cost (believe that or not) in an Ebay BIN deal, but I've yet to see them at all besides the one sighting at a backroad WM in February.  For a Stormtrooper to be that difficult to find is really unreasonable.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 19, 2005, 05:45 PM »
I agree with all of your points Doctor!

Around my parts, the ST/IG wave never shipped.  Too many Dooku's and Windu's warming the pegs.

I don't think we'll see a rehash of Boba, Yoda or Han because they've already been released on the new cards.

We might see a recard of the unmasked Vader just because he hasn't seen the new card yet.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 19, 2005, 09:45 PM »
Holy Crap, I had no idea these things were going for so much on the aftermarket!!!

Vader Unmasked - $187.50

Yoda - $122.50

Boba Fett - $103.79

Glad I got mine at retail!!!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 20, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Holy Crap, I had no idea these things were going for so much on the aftermarket!!!

Vader Unmasked - $187.50

Yoda - $122.50

Boba Fett - $103.79

Glad I got mine at retail!!!

Are you kidding me?  Glad I saw this post, I was about to open my Yoda one. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 20, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Yeah, its crazy how much many of these pieces go for now.  I was checking through some auctions yesterday as well, and it seems like the majority of them get pretty good prices.  Not that I care, mine are all opened up and I intend to keep them, but I guess its always kind of interesting to see certain things really jump up like that.  I have been somewhat into this line from the beginning, after getting the Jango Fett as a gift, and have picked up all of the OT ones, and have started in with a few PT ones as well now.

On that note, I opened up and put together the Anakin/Obi-Wan display yesterday, and it really looks fantastic.  I'm using it as the "centerpiece" of one of the shelves now, and it works out nicely.  Grievous isn't a bad figure either, and displays pretty well.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of this line, and hopefully seeing the Stormtrooper wave at some point too.  I found the remains once, a couple of months ago at TRU, with 1 IG-88 and 1 Aurra Sing.  Hopefully Wal-Mart and Target will see this wave as well, or it will show up on Amazon or something, because I'd really like to get that Stormtrooper.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 20, 2005, 09:36 AM »
The only one that I'm missing right now is Aurra Sing, I've had no luck finding one of her. And I've got all of mine opened up, with the exception of the Stormie/IG-88 and the ROTS wave, only 'cause I ran out of room for them.

They really are well done pieces, and I can't wait to make some room for the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel pieces.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 20, 2005, 04:07 PM »
I am quite surprised to learn that everyone loves the Obi/Anakin figures - they do look kind of lame in the package and even in the pictures I've seen on the net.

But I've read many testimonials on the boards that these figures do indeed rock.

I am pleased with the Greivous - looking forward to the new Vader and Palpy/Yoda combo.

Hopefully Amazon will deliver on these and order enough....one can never find Vader in these parts.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 04:08 PM by ruiner »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 21, 2005, 01:31 AM »
ruiner ,

Agreed the Yoda Palpy look awesome.  In fact, I like this Yoda much better than the prior release and will be content with that in my collection.  Palpy's face looks intense in the pics I saw today from C3.

I got a Mace in the mail today, and have to say this is one of my favorite pieces.  The image is almost dead on to SLJ.  The way he's holding the saber is bonified tight.  Lastly, I am impressed with the flames.  I kinda wish Hasbro went with the same flame style for the Ani and Obi pieces.

DBK

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 25, 2005, 03:38 PM »
From what I've read in the various Q and A wrapups around the web with Hasbro, it sounds like the Han Stormtrooper is all but confirmed for later this year.  It sounded as if there were other figures coming this year as well, and then they were somewhat cryptic on the future of the line for 2006.  It sort of sounded like it would return, but maybe in a different way.  I believe one of the Q and A's (at GH maybe), asked if they would be returning in 2006...and they said "Yes, and no".  Still sounds like they are continuing either way, so that's good news to me.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #599 on: April 25, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I thought I had actually seen a Han Stormie already.  Maybe I'm dreaming on that one though :-\