Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 151344 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #705 on: July 6, 2005, 03:40 PM »
gee a 2" scale Yoda...and I shall call me Mini-Yoda!!!

2" scale line is the worst idea ever. There is still a bunch of cool figures that could be done for the Unleashed line.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 6, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Oh bloody great, a 2" Unleashed line? McFarlane did this with his figures and that line sucks!

That's my exact thought...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 6, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Wow, if that's where this is headed, I'm likely out as well.  With the miniatures, as well as the Attacktix line, why do they need another "wee" line?  This is quite disappointing to me, as Unleashed was one of the lines I enjoyed the most...and it really seemed to be gaining steam.  Hopefully this is just rumor as of now, and we won't see the 7" line disappear totally.  It isn't as if they have exhausted the options for that line yet, there are so many characters yet to be made, even if they didn't get to "backgroundy" with the selection.  Here's some I wouldn't mind seeing:

Lando Calrissian (Bespin or Skiff Guard)
Princess Leia (ANH or Boussh)
Han Solo (Bespin or Endor)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin or Tatooine)
C-3PO and R2-D2 (maybe with R2 'splodin like at the Endor bunker...with 3PO reacting behind)
Stormtrooper (make it more available), Snowtrooper, Biker Scout
4-LOM, Dengar, Zuckuss (continue the Bounty Hunters)
"Old" Ben Kenobi
Jedi - Fisto, Koon, Tiin, Shaak Ti, so many Jedi could be used here.
Clones - More options here as well.

There are a lot of directions they could still go with the line, easily enough for another couple years.  I've always tried to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt, but this really seems like a dumb move.  Take a line that is well done, universally liked, and gaining popularity with each wave...and cancel it.  Move to a 2" scale that competes with your own other "new" lines.  Man I hope this isn't true.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 6, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Those are great examples.  We need more Unleashed!  A 2" scale line caters to kids, that's it.  They already have the Attacktix line, so this makes no sense.  The Unleashed line isn't suffering and isn't slowing down.  More people I know are getting into it, including myself.  This move makes absolutely no sense to me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 6, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Yeah, I don't understand it at all.  I mean, we've seen some questionable choices from Hasbro over the years, but this one really doesn't make sense.  It seems like there are many collectors who just collect this line, and not even basic figures.  Moving to a 2" scale isn't likely going to target a big collector market, and they are competing with several things of the same scale....miniatures, Attacktix, Galactic Heroes, etc.  Don't tell me they don't think they can have Unleashed (6-7" scale) out when they have the Force (7 is the new 3 3/4") Battlers clogging up retail space.  I'm just really holding out hope that this "regular" Unleashed line will continue, even if it is only 4-5 pieces a year.

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 6, 2005, 04:00 PM »
This new really sucks this was by far the best line of figs ever now there going to be 2" tall.  Like DSJ said mcfarlane did that and they look terrible and not really interested in a mini line of star wars.  Sometimes hasbro makes the weridest decisions.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 6, 2005, 04:14 PM »
All I can say is I am as mad as hell...   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 6, 2005, 04:28 PM »
I was just reading the What's Next For Hasbro? article on the front page of RS.

Unleashed
The three Unleased figures that debuted yesterday will be the final three figures in the line as we know it. The 7" scale will be phased out after 4 successful years. However, the line WILL continue in a different format. Plans call for a new line of 2" figures sold together in a 4-pack set. No word yet on which characters will be included, but it sounds like there will be room for many more characters to get unleashed in this format. 

OK, one, is this all coming from RS or is there another source to it?  If it's from RS, with all due respect to them I'd suggest a grain of salt.

Two, if it's an actual occurrence, obviously Hasbro is farther out to lunch than I could have ever imagined.  Seriously, what a bunch of buffoons if they think this is an intelligent idea.  They've got a great line that has done nothing but gain speed after a slow start; they've got huge secondary market buzz without any effort on their part and they still harp on the kiddies idea? 

Does anyone ever go to a store anymore?  I mean the people from McFarlane or Hasbro?  Their gawdawful kid-targeted lines are sucking dirt on shelves, not moving.  Their less cool unleashed (or overproduced *coughAnakin/Obi-WanROTS*cough) sit while the others incite riots and secondary market pricing but sales and buzz are phenomenal.  McFarlane is equally stupid - 3" baseball two packs are $2 each at Walmart, as are the hockey two-packs, neither of which are moving.  Gretzky is to be found everywhere. 

Dear toy retailer, here's a hint - stop looking at the computer and pre-sales figures.  Get off yer ass and go look at a store.  Talk to a toy section manager about the **** you keep sending them (they're sold to you, they ain't selling at full retail) and you might, just might, learn something >:(

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 6, 2005, 04:39 PM »
I'm not as elegant as Brent, so I'll just say this - What an ******* incredibly stupid idea.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 6, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Thanks Hasbro for ruining a good thing.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 6, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Can we start a petition or something?  I'd be more than happy to spearhead that. 
« Last Edit: July 6, 2005, 05:24 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #716 on: July 6, 2005, 06:05 PM »
I didnt even collect this line and i think its a stupid idea for them to bring it to an end already. I am not sure what they are thinking.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 6, 2005, 08:27 PM »
You know, just when I think Hasbro can't sink any lower, they even think about pulling this ****.  Their one non-4" success in the last five years and what do they do?  They decide to cancel it.  If this is true, and the UL line is coming to an end in this form, then this will be the point where I quit completely.  I'll spend the next fifty years trying to find a Yoda, RH Vader, and Jango Fett at a decent price so I can have the complete set, and I'll never give Hasbro another dollar of my money.

I'm seriously hoping this isn't true, but it would not surprise me in the least.  I guess they need all that plastic to keep making those awesome Force Battlers or Attacktix that are selling so well right now.  ::)

And a 2 inch Unleashed line?  Excuse me, they already have three other lines (WOTC Miniatures, Attacktix, and Galactic Heroes) at a small scale, and one of those is one too many as it is.  Do they think ANOTHER small scale line is going to sell?

JediMAC, if this turns out to be true, I would like to ask you to ask the Hasbro reps if they are, in fact, insane, and if they reply in the negative, ask them if they are OUT OF THEIR ******* MINDS ON LSD because that's the only way I could even begin to grasp how they could make what has to be the most unbelievably stupid decision they've made in a long time.

And on a serious note, does anyone want to split a case of the "final wave" with me?  They usually come 2 per case, so if someone wants one of each and will let me have the other one of each, we can split everything straight down the middle. 
« Last Edit: July 6, 2005, 08:42 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 6, 2005, 10:29 PM »
Someone at Hasbro must have been smiking the same **** that McFarlane is because the idea of going to 2" is just plain ****** in the head.

Thought running through people's mind at Hasbro...

" I know lets follow in the footsteps of Todd McFarlane and what they did with their toys."

Never mind the fact that it ranks right up there with the stupidest idea in the world, with letting the moron who was captaining the Valdez when it went aground and started spewing oil!!!

GOD DAMN I HATE HASBRO RIGHT NOW!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 6, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Just for the sake of Devil's Advocate, how reliable is this information?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.