Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150927 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #795 on: August 18, 2005, 05:10 PM »
I just can't understand why they didn't at least anchor it in 2-3 points.  Maybe on the foot and another spot on the cloak

I tried making his left foot rest against the step somehow but it really didn't work too hot :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 18, 2005, 05:18 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you for convincing me I don't need that figure and therefore I have all the Unleashed I need/want.  I have the original Vader, loose, so it's fine.  A little small in terms of scale, but the pose is fairly classic and worth keeping, notably since it only cost me $5 CAD.  I'd spend more than that in gas finding the new one.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 18, 2005, 05:56 PM »
Is there any place you can super glue Vader to the stairs? 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 18, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Is there any place you can super glue Vader to the stairs?

Not really, Jay.  If the cloak had been elongated on the sides a little bit more, and had the staircase tops gone back a bit more, they could have put two more metal pegs on the inside of the cape and had them insert into the stairs (I don't know if that made any sense at all or not; apologies if it didn't) so it would at least have someanchor to it.  As it is though, the cloak isn't long enough for another attachment and the feet don't actually touch the stairs for that to work.

The thing that makes the leaning problem worse is the hole for the metal bar isn't a vertical hole, but an angular one (as in \ as opposed to l ).  This actually results in Vader purposely being at a permanent 40 degree angle (until he eventually falls flat on his face, at least).  Given how much effort and care seemed to go into the other UL figures and how they attached securely to their bases (Aurra Sing's cluster**** notwithstanding), I'm actually really disappointed with the Vader.  Even though it's an amazing piece to look at, it's something that I can't display with everything else for the time being because I'm afraid it will get damaged due to the design.  :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 19, 2005, 03:57 PM »
I was fortunate enough to find the new wave at Target this afternoon, and picked up the Vader and the Yoda/Sidious.  I originally had only planned on picking up the new Vader, and thought I'd judge the Yoda/Palpy one in person and decide.  After looking at it, I decided to pick it up.  It looks like a pretty nice piece.  I probably wouldn't have paid for shipping on it, but since I found it in person, I picked it up.  Just a Han Stormtrooper from the last wave (preordered) and if I can somehow find a Stormtrooper for a decent price, and I guess that will be it.  I'm sad to see this line end, and I really hope it will be returning eventually.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #800 on: August 23, 2005, 09:30 PM »
Wow, some of us who still need the Stormtrooper really missed out when this auction got BIN'ed within 15 minutes.  :'(

Carded Stormtrooper AND Snowspeeder Luke for $25.  :o

Oy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 24, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Blimey!  Heck of a deal for someone though.  I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to get a hold of a Stormtrooper, because I just don't think I could make myself pay big bucks for one (especially $40-$50 plus).  Maybe I could just try to pick up an extra Han Stormtrooper and leave the helmet on, of course why the Stormtrooper is hanging out in the trash compactor with those pesky rebels I couldn't explain ;).  I really wish Hasbro would have repacked/re-released the Stormtrooper in one of these last waves.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 24, 2005, 10:20 PM »
I broke down and bought my Stormie for 30 plus shipping. This was back when the wave was first out.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 25, 2005, 08:46 AM »
Wow, some of us who still need the Stormtrooper really missed out when this auction got BIN'ed within 15 minutes.  :'(

Carded Stormtrooper AND Snowspeeder Luke for $25.  :o

Oy.

Damn, that would have made a nice custom Sandtrooper with a little work  :D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 3, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Very interesting...

http://www.mousedroid.com/ is claiming that Hasbro has cancelled the 3rd wave of the ROTS Unleashed worldwide, so don't expect to see the Shocktrooper, 2nd Chewbacca or Han in Stormtrooper Disguise.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 3, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Bastards!  >:(

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 3, 2005, 11:53 AM »
WOW thats horrible news for ppl who pre-ordered it. damn, i was actually looking forward in getting that wave..oh well  :'(

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 3, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Hopefully this is just a rumor and those figs will see the light of day please oh  please let it happen.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 3, 2005, 12:04 PM »
As disappointed as I am with the end of this line, I'm not too worked up about losing these last figures.  Since they were basically rehashes anyway, I'm not sure that I would have bothered buying them.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 3, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Bah! Bastards!  >:(