Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149995 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #930 on: January 14, 2006, 09:41 PM »
THE FINAL 3 UNLEASHED CARDED FROM BIGBADTOYSTORE.COM

cant wait for the Shock and Han Storm  8)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 20, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Can't wait for the new Chewie!

;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 20, 2006, 03:26 PM »
I'm really hoping that Toy Fair will bring news of this line continuing beyond this (Wal-Mart Exclusive?) wave.  I really want to get that Han Stormtrooper one, so hopefully these won't be impossible to get a hold of.  Being an exclusive probably doesn't help things, but you never know I guess.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 14, 2006, 03:56 PM »
With no presence of the large Unleashed at Toy Fair, do you think that reflects poorly on the future of this line?  I realize the Han Stormie/Shock/Chewbacca wave is supposed to be an exclusive to Wal-Mart, and I don't think exclusives (at least store exclusives) generally get shown at Toy Fair, so that might be the reason for their exclusion.  However, we really haven't heard much else regarding this line returning any time soon, so I'm starting to get a little concerned.  I'd really like to see it come back, in some way or another, even if it would have to be online or via SWShop or something.  It really seems like Hasbro is missing a good opportunity for this line.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 15, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I loved this line and try to buy the ones I like as I don't have the space to buy them all (and some don't even warrant a purchase - see Asajj Ventress and the new Chewbacca).

Do I think this line is doomed? 

Yes, for two reasons:

1.  It takes up too much space at retail and if the assortment breakdown is not right, certain characters sit and new product will not get re-ordered. 

2.  I think the line eats up a lot of capital (tooling dollars) and the payback does not hit Hasbro's pre-determined guidelines in regards to payback.

With that being said, I'd love to see the line become a Hasbrotoyshop.com exclusive - but it will never happen because of point #2 above.

I think we'll see the "rehash" wave at WM this fall, it will sit (sans the Shocktrooper and Han), Chewie will clog the shelves and end up on clearance right after X-Mas. 

Buy them when you see them (even Chewie) as I think they will be the last wave ever in large scale Unleashed. 

*The same will hold true with the minis

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 15, 2006, 10:53 AM »
I'm kind of starting to get the feeling that we might be seeing the last of this line as well.  We heard the rumors/info of the "line returning to retail in 2006", but that might have just meant the Wal-Mart wave and we read more into it than that.  We will see I guess, it would have been nice to at least see a few more waves.  I know there are a lot of others, particularly OT-based, that I would have liked to see.

Lando (Skiff Guard?)
Princess Leia (ANH)
Biker Scout (maybe w/Ewoks)
Han Solo (Bespin/Hoth/Endor)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin/Hoth/Endor - on speeder bike would be cool)
Snowtrooper
Stormtrooper (that we can all get)
Bounty Hunters
R2/3PO 2 Pack

Anyways, I'll definitely pick up the Stormtrooper Han if it makes it to Wal-Mart, and possibly the Shocktrooper too, and continue to hope that this line will continue on in some way.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 15, 2006, 01:11 PM »
Yeah, I think it's safe to assume this line is toast.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Yeah, I think it's safe to assume this line is toast.

I'd have to agree.  Hopefully the final three come somehow and then I'll just need to track down a regular stormtrooper (which isn't going to get any cheaper).  It's been said numerous times before, but Hasbro blew it big time with this line.  And that's disappointing because the potential was there.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 20, 2006, 08:33 AM »
It is a let-down to not see something for this line at Toy fair. I don't know about your areas, but here in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, the small unleashed sit and sit and sit. Some of them even look pretty cool, but I'm not plopping $10.00 on them , and it appears others are feeling the same way.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 23, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I need a huge favor - I just bought Aurra Sing (loose) and I can't for the life of me, figure out how the ****** base goes together. 

You know which one I'm talking about - the three sided piece of **** that she kneels on!

I would be forever grateful if someone could send me a scan of the instruction sheet - my email is somber77@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 23, 2006, 11:17 AM »
That base has got to be the biggest pain in the ass to build.  I should still have that info sheet at home, I'll scan it for you tonight.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 23, 2006, 11:21 AM »
That base has got to be the biggest pain in the ass to build.

****, even with the instruction sheet, it took me awhile to figure it out.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 23, 2006, 11:44 AM »
That base has got to be the biggest pain in the ass to build. I should still have that info sheet at home, I'll scan it for you tonight.

Thank you - I swear I spent half an hour trying to figure it out....even with pictures it's damn near impossible.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 23, 2006, 11:51 AM »
One of my local TRUs is going out of business and having crazy sales. I went there the other night and all figures were marked 50% off. The only SW stuff I found at first was a bunch of Vader helmets and Ventress Unleashed. The place was an absolute mess, stuff everywhere. I was digging behind some games when I found a Darth Sidious Unleashed tucked away. The card was destroyed with the top layer of the back being ripped off and starting to peel from the bubble. Luckily the bar code was readable and the figure was perfect. I walked out with it for $7.50. My first Unleashed purchase...  

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 23, 2006, 11:55 AM »
That base has got to be the biggest pain in the ass to build. I should still have that info sheet at home, I'll scan it for you tonight.

Thank you - I swear I spent half an hour trying to figure it out....even with pictures it's damn near impossible.

No kidding!  I'm pretty sure it took me at least that long - it seems to take some serious twisting to get the tabs to hook their matching slots.  ::)

My first Unleashed purchase...  

And methinks not your last.  ;)  There are so many great Unleashed figures that have been done, if you're like me, you'll want them all.  I'm close, but I still need both of the OT Vaders.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 11:56 AM by JesseVader08 »