Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149951 times)

Jango Fettish

Re: New Unleashed Packaging
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2003, 07:47 PM »
Any projected date that these will hit retail? I've got a shelf waiting to be occupied to keep my other 12 company.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: New Unleashed Packaging
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2003, 11:51 PM »
NO idea for sure, but Kebco has them up for preorder already.  Newforce doesn't have them listed.  I know there is the rumour of the other three unleashed still for this year (Luke X-wing, clone, etc.) so if some are out now, these guys in September and the last wave in November December?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Pictures New Figures (Luke, Sidious and Obi-Wan)
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2003, 11:56 PM »
Well, mine were at the back door yesterday.  Sideous is my new favorite.  OMG, the menacing look the crazy amounts of lightning...he rules the Unleashed world.  Did they get away from naming them cheesy names like "Passion" or "Fury" or whatever they were???

Guess that means it's time for me to send my friendly reminder email to NFC.  Great store, but seem to forget some Canadian orders with some frequency ::)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2003, 12:29 AM »
I finally got mine from Kebco and they're awesome!  I have all my Unleashed still packaged, but I've been thinking about taking them out to display them better.

Cory, your setup looks sweet!
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2003, 12:40 AM »
Gracias.  8) The picture doesn't do it justice, honestly.

But yeah, you really have to "Unleash" those puppies to appreciate them. I'm normally a hardcore carded collector, but these are just way too detailed and..frickin' cool looking to keep carded.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2003, 12:17 PM »
I had to post here after seeing this wave at TRU this past weekend (2 Sidious, and 2 Lukes, no Obi-Wans).  When I first saw the pictures online, I wasn't to sure about the Luke, but after reading the review over at GH, as well as JangoFettish's comments, I decided to check it out.  I picked up the Luke, and I have to agree, it is amazing.  I didn't think I would like the green "swoosh", but when you have it opened and set up, it is really nice looking.  Its actually one of my favorite pieces, and I'm glad I picked it up.  Thanks for the positive reviews on it, it helped to sway me!  I can't decide whether or not I want the Sidious one or not.  I thought about starting an "Unleashed" thread in the Other Collectibles section to discuss these, but didn't know if this one might have covered it enough.  After picking up Luke, I really want to get more of this line.  For the most part, I think I'll just stick to the OT ones (although I got Jango as a gift, and have preordered Yoda, because well, its Yoda)...but I really hope this line continues.  It sounds like it is/has been doing pretty well?  I have Boba, Han, and Yoda preordered, and look forward to seeing more in the future.  Now, to see if I can pick up the Vader online or via ebay somewhere....:).

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2003, 12:42 PM »
Hey guys...

KBkids.com has the new Unleashed in stock...

Sidi
Obi Wan
Luke

I know these aren't showing up except at a few TRU stores so this is a great chance to nab these. Last few waves hardly hit retail at all...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Unleashed Discussion Thread
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2003, 03:55 PM »
I have looked around a little bit for an "official" thread on this particular Star Wars line, but with the exception of a thread or two in the Saga section, I didn't really see one.  If I'm wrong, feel free to shut this down or combine this mods ;).  Anyways, who out there is collecting this line...which are your favorites...which are you looking forward to the most...and which characters do you think would translate great into this form?  I personally really like this line, although I only have Jango Fett and Jedi Luke (which is amazing IMO) at this point.  I am hoping to collect all of the Original Trilogy ones, as well as a few PT figures as well.  I'm really looking forward to the next wave with Han, Yoda, and Boba Fett...three of my all-time favorites.  I'd really like to see Chewbacca in this form, and I think it has been somewhat rumored.  I really hope that this line continues for awhile...there are many other figs that would be great, I'd really enjoy to hear your ideas.  Thanks.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Discussion Thread
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2003, 04:46 PM »
I only collected the figures that I liked.  I wasn't crazy about Mace, Padme (that was just down right awful), Anakin or Tyrannus.  I do have all the others though.  I think Obi-wan is the by far the best sculpt to date (though Luke and Maul are pretty awesome in their own right).  I wasn't crazy about Luke's giant "swoosh" but when I actually saw the figure, I wouldn't want it any other way.  I have the masked Vader (I would get the unmasked if I could find it).
For Darth Sidious aka: Emperor Palpatine, I have the lightning  bolt hands in.  I thought it was cool that they gave you extra hands. :)

I'm really looking forward to the next wave and am hoping for a Chewbacca (oh the possiblities are so endless with this character) and I'd also like to see Aayla and Zam.  I'd have to think Qui-Gon wouldn't be too far down the line either.  In my opinion, this is one line you need to open!!
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2003, 04:47 PM »
I'm right there with you.  I love this line and it's rekindled my interest in its predecessor, Epic Force.  While EF can't hold a candle to this stuff, it's still interesting to me.  

For Unleashed, I first bypassed Fett and Maul as they looked too odd in the package.  I really think this line in particular looks so much better out of the package than in.  I have the three most recent releases sitting beside me and they are stunning.  

Luke, which I wasn't so sure of when I ordered and still don't like in the package, will likely be in the same category as Maul and Fett (displayed without baby Boba BTW) were.  Your excitement about it is encouraging too.  The pose is certainly dynamic and I think the anger and power show through in the face sculpt.  The pictures on the packaging, as they always do with this line, suck, but the sculpt is pretty good.  I'm interested to see how it looks by the first Vader.

Darth Sidious (Palpatine to me) is positively menacing.  The facial and hand features are absolutely skeletal which adds so much to it.  My daughter will not like this figure at all, which is to say they really have manifested the dark side in the figure.  He looks like something out of a horror movie, which really, is what Palpatine is and should be.  A magnificent sculpt.

OB-1 is also extremely well done and almost seems like an Ep III version of Ewan McGregor.  The figure, to me, appears older, with longer hair and a more 'mature' beard/facial hair.  It's dynamic enough but subdued at the same time.  OB's not flying through the air simply has one foot raised on the platform and the saber is back for a powerful blow.  To me, that represents OB-1 very well.  I wasn't so keen on this one either, but again, very well done.

I have the remainder with the exception of the second Vader, which just seemed like too much of a stretch for me.  It's nice, and I would have bought it had it been the first release, but was just too similar to justify having it shipped up.

Leia and Padme are both well done, but I'm torn on them.  Padme is fine, I can pose her suitably, but geez, nipples?  Was it really necessary?  I dunno, maybe Geonosis is kinda cold in the afternoon ::)  Similar comments apply to Leia.  For such a powerful character to be in that pose?  Hey, look, stripper pole.  A rehash of the deluxe Leia with Sail Barge cannon would have allowed the the figure to retain some dignity, be relatively movie accurate (yes, I know they all aren't movie accurate) and still be in that mighty fine outfit (hey, I'm a guy).  

The rest are all really nice, with only Boba (young version) being annoying to me.  Nice that he was in the movie from an origin standpoint, but otherwise irrelevant.  Mace is cool and very representative of his style, IMO.  Dooku is great with the interchangeable hand, saber vs lightning.  Vader is just plain great, but I find his saber to be a tad too long if not displayed at the front edge of a shelf.  Even Anakin is great, so much anger.  And again, yes, not movie accurate.  Though maybe George is just holding out on us and if we pay $20 a year, we can see that scene ::) >:( :-*

I'm very excited about the next 3, Han's pose being perfect.  I think the rumoured last three for 2003 are Luke X-wing (hanging from AT-AT?), clonetrooper (where's my stormtrooper flying backwards after being shot) and Chewie, howling with a bowcaster.  Pretty darn cool stuff.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2003, 09:05 PM »
Padme is fine, I can pose her suitably, but geez, nipples?  Was it really necessary?  I dunno, maybe Geonosis is kinda cold in the afternoon ::)  Similar comments apply to Leia.  For such a powerful character to be in that pose?  Hey, look, stripper pole.

That is hilarious!  LMFAO!!!   8)

I like all of them, but I love Anakin stepping on top of that Battle Droid's head!  That is just too sweet!  But as far as detail goes Obi-Wan Kenobi definitely wins that category, and he does in fact look like he could be the Obi-Wan in EP3.
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2003, 07:26 PM »
I think that Unleahsed are the best things to happen to Star Wars collecting in a long time. It gave strictly carded collectors something to actually OPEN and appreciate.

Unfortunately, I have sold all but 3 of mine (still have Vader, Maul, and Jango.) I will of course be buying the Boba Fett (2, probably), but have decided to start focusing on mini busts.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2003, 01:54 PM »
Originally, I thought these were just another failed attempt from Hasbro.  That all changed when I saw the first Vader and bought him.  After that I got them all, opened and displayed on my bookshelf.  I can't wait until Boba, Han and Yoda arrive at my doorstep from kebco.  They all look amazing.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2003, 03:10 PM »
One thing that has bugged me about the board is where to discuss Unleashed, mosnab started a topic here and I think it makes sense to leave it here so I merged all the topics from Saga and moved them all here.  This one is almost to the point though that it needs to be locked and a new one started.  I think I'll wait though until after Yoda and crew come out :-*  Discuss away :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 1, 2003, 09:32 PM »
I was wrong about Anakin.  I picked one up on clearance and after I opened it, I really like it!  Another figure that comes with a spare hand (non saber) which I think is an added bonus.  

I'll have to go back to the store and see about Fett and Dooku.
Beth