Author Topic: The Saga Collection Snowtrooper  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
The Saga Collection Snowtrooper
« on: April 6, 2006, 09:37 PM »
I had to go to a doctors appointment today in the early morning (They made me take a urine sample  :P :P), and after my mom needed to go to Target so I went along with her. Seeing how it was 11:43, I raced to the pegs, hoping to find some Coruscant wave joy. I was let down, but my frown turned upside down when I spotted a lone Snowtrooper marooned on the pegs surrounded by Yodas, Sun Facs, and Vaders. Being discouraged from finding bare pegs week after week, I picked him up.

Sculpt: 5/5
There is one word for this sculpt: exceptional. The armor is well-detailed and his helmet has all the creases and folds in it. The kama is very good, and looks very battle worn. The legs seem more movie-accurate than the OTC/SAGA versions.

Articulation: 2.7/5
Although I'm not too touchy about articulation, I believe that all "troops" should have at least 12 POA. I was let down when I found out that this figure has half that amount. I guess a VTSC "Super Articulated" version isn't too far down the road.

Paint: 4/5
While I do wish this Snowie was all white, I do like the battle damage on this trooper, especially the blast mark on the helmet. I also wish a variation on this trooper was a burgundy color scheme, as seen on Bacara's troops during the Battle of Mygeeto.

Accesories: 4/5
This Imperial Trooper includes:
-Imperial E-11 Blaster Rifle
-Base
-Mini Hologram (I got Darth Maul)

I think this figure should have had more accesories, and Hasbro has shown us they can put numerous and amazing accesories in with their figures, as evidenced by Veers, Lushros Dofine, and the upcoming Tatooine Luke Skywalker. Such accesories such as Macrobinoculars, or one of the random boxes that littered Echo Base would be a good idea to pack in with this guy.

Overall: 3.9/5
Overall, this rendition of the Emperor's Finest is pretty good, but articulation is its biggest negative, especially for a "trooper" figure like this. It's definitly worth a purchase if your a fan of Imperials, Clones, Troopers, and the like.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 11:10 AM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga Collection Snowtrooper
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2006, 11:29 PM »
I have to disagree about the sculpt. There's no excuse to use POTF2 molds anymore, espectially kibashing them with a great current sculpt. The combination just looks akward to me. Overall, I was highly disapointed in this figure and chose not to army build with him because I feel we have a better on in store in the future.

I do agree that it's a great paint job though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga Collection Snowtrooper
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2006, 09:10 AM »
I have to disagree about the sculpt. There's no excuse to use POTF2 molds anymore, espectially kibashing them with a great current sculpt. The combination just looks akward to me. Overall, I was highly disapointed in this figure and chose not to army build with him because I feel we have a better on in store in the future.

I do agree that it's a great paint job though.

To me the POTF2 parts look great with the OTC parts. Really the only thing lacking in this figure is articulation, and maybe some more accesories. Hopefully soon we'll see an "Ultimate" version.