Author Topic: Best Army Builder Ever  (Read 17525 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Best Army Builder Ever
« on: April 8, 2006, 04:16 PM »
I received three VSTC Scout Troopers today... and holy freaking hell.  This really is quite possibly the best Star Wars figure I've ever seen, and is definitely the best army builder.  I loved the preview pics here (they were awesome) but no pics can do this figure justice.  I don't think you can really appreciate it until you have one and pose it in different positions yourself.

I used to think the VOTC Stormtrooper or the ROTS SA Clone was the best... but now I feel this is the new standard.  Anyone agree/disagree?

Edit - Now in July, I am beginning to like the VOTC Stormtrooper again.  Look at me flip flopping on this.   :P

:)
« Last Edit: July 4, 2006, 11:50 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Best Army Builder Ever
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2006, 05:02 PM »
I'll let you know when I actually see one ;)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2006, 05:23 PM »

I think you'll like it a lot Spectre.  I didn't find them in stores or anything, I bought them on ebay from a seller in China (thanks to a link by MetalJedi).

« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 06:26 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 8, 2006, 06:01 PM »
Wow chewie!!!
Thats awesome, too bad they are only in the states...damn...and I just spent 20$ on a bloody 501st Clone...
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 8, 2006, 07:21 PM »
Personally, the armies I look to build are to have about 5 or so of each kind of trooper- maybe more on Stormtroopers and less on things like AT-AT drivers that I don't need many of.

But as actual quality of the figure goes, this looks like it might be the highest; most ranks have figures that are well-sculpted now, but I think this guy might have the most articulation as well plus he has perhaps the best-hidden articulation (though normal stormtrooper and clonetrooper armor lends itself well to hiding articulation too). He does have a swivel waist, right? It's hard to actually tell :)

My claim that he looks like the best-articulated, though, is because judging from pictures he seems to have ball-jointed hips. Hasbro seems to hate ball-jointed hips, as the only other figure I've seen with them was VOTC Luke. Am I correct in thinking this figure has them? Again, it's hard to see for sure.

Let's see; we have all kinds of SA clones, SA Stormtroopers, nearly SA and soon true SA Sandtroopers, and Tie Fighter Pilots and AT-AT drivers with great but not quite super articulation, and for pilots they seem to have all they need. Is there anything missing now besides SA Snowtroopers? Probably some kind of clone I'm not thinking of- I haven't researched clones too much...

I don't own nearly as many of these figures as I'd like though, so probably my best/highest quality armybuilder is my ROTS Evolutions Clone Commander. Speaking of which, did anyone else have problems keeping the helmet on correctly without the chin sticking out the bottom? I did constantly, but then I figured out I could turn the head around backwards and put the helmet on normally :) It makes the face lay a little flatter than it should but it really looks a whole lot better to me. Anyone else do this/have the problem?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 07:24 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2006, 07:21 PM »

I think you'll like it a lot Spectre.  I didn't find them in stores or anything, I bought them on ebay from a seller in China (thanks to a link by MetalJedi).

Glad you like em Chewie. Im still waiting for mine. Hopefully this week. I got one carded already and will most likely want more.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2006, 08:10 PM »
So far, the residue left on the empty pegs from the clamshell casing totally blows my mind and exceeds all expectations I had after seeing the photos of the figure.

I have equally high expectations of the moment-to-be in October '08 when I finally cave and purchase one for $30 on eBay.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2006, 08:13 PM »
as the only other figure I've seen with them was VOTC Luke.

Hasbro doesnt hate ball gointed waists, I meen quite a few of them have it, Aayla Secura for example.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 8, 2006, 08:51 PM »
I'm still taking mine in, but it does seem to be top notch. My only complaint it the right hand, the seem to have taken the POTJ left hand and stuck in on. :P

Best ever? You can certainly argue it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 8, 2006, 10:32 PM »
I meant hips, not waists- on almost all the VOTC figures and all the evolutions figures there are standard hip joints just like those on a POTF2 figure. VOTC Luke has ball-jointed hips, more like a GI Joe or 12" figure.

*shrugs*

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 8, 2006, 10:47 PM »
I'm really impressed with the Scout Trooper as well. Being the best army builder ever is a tough one but it is definitely top 3.

SilverZ

« Reply #11 on: April 8, 2006, 11:56 PM »
I'd say he's the best OT sculpt of the year for me, yeah. I've waited a long time for a good Biker Scout, and this is everything I could have hoped for. He sits well on the speeder bike, he stands neutral, and he can be posed just about any other way I'd ever want him to. 

He doesn't have ball socket hips, though, just the standard swivel joint. If he did, wow, the figure would be absolutely unreal.

I feel a little awkward with another imperial down where there isn't much room for improvement. I'll have to complain about the speederbike itself needing to be redone, I guess. I want a clear stand, correct handlebars, and accurately scaled foot pedals.  :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Yeah, I think the speederbike can be redone as well. I used the deluxe saga one (the brown one) to mess with since it has good handlebars. The bikerscout doesn't sit as well on that one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 9, 2006, 10:08 AM »
POTF2 bulky Stormtroopers. :P
So far it's the VOTC stormie,but I haven't seen the VTSC in person yet.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2006, 02:07 PM »
I think Hasbro could sell this figure by the case as it is just that nice. Shame it won't be all that easy to find in large numbers.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."