Author Topic: Best Army Builder Ever  (Read 17447 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: Best Army Builder Ever
« Reply #15 on: April 9, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Don't knock those POTF2 stormtroopers, at least they-

actually yeah, they suck :( I need to get a real stormtrooper...

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 11:23 AM »
I think the best army builder would have to be the Utapau Clone Trooper (Cody's legion), for the $. But if money is not an object then it would have to be the VTSC Scout Trooper, with the VOTC Stormtrooper running a close second.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 01:30 PM »
For the money?

Definitely the #41 clone from the ROTS days...I remember picking up a couple at Target for $4.77....ahhh, the good ol' days.

The VOTC stormtrooper is a great figure but at $10 he's a little pricey to army build with.  Don't get me started on the new Biker Scout....

We all wants tons of him but most of us won't even get a chance to find one on the pegs. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Now that I have him, I'd say the VTSC Biker Scout is the best army builder ever.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I think Hasbro could sell this figure by the case as it is just that nice. Shame it won't be all that easy to find in large numbers.

Or in small numbers, I would imagine. I'm gonna have one hell of a time finding any of these on the shelves. This is where ebay becomes my friend/enemy.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 11:35 PM »
This is where ebay becomes my friend/enemy.

"If your not with me, then your my enemy." :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 07:10 PM »
I think Hasbro could sell this figure by the case as it is just that nice. Shame it won't be all that easy to find in large numbers.

Or in small numbers, I would imagine. I'm gonna have one hell of a time finding any of these on the shelves. This is where ebay becomes my friend/enemy.

So far, I've not had to use ebay for any Star Wars figures that have come out in the last couple of years. Even for the more unique Clone Troopers. At a certain point, as much as I enjoy these toys, it just gets way too frelling expensive. With this figure starting out at $11.99 in the stores, it's already making me question whether or not it's worth having. Alas, it's a great figure and I'm glad I have at least one but I can't bring myself to pay ebay prices for something I have seen or will see, sitting in a store. Worst case scenario, I don't see it in a store and get one at cost from a friend or fellow hunter. It pays to help other people and hunt with a pack. ;)
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 01:14 PM by DarthAcroyear »
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 11:59 PM »
With this figure starting out at $11.99 in the stores, it's already making me question whether or not it's worth having.

I don't see this price lasting too long. A fellow SoCal collector found the VTSC wave at TRU today and they rang up at $9.99. Target is most likely starting their price out high and will come down after a while once they see the competition is less. Although, lets hope the competition doesn't follow suit with Target and raise theirs!

As for army builders, the Scout is definitely one of the best! Along side the VOTC Stormtrooper and any variant of the #41 Clone.

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 10:06 AM »
As for army builders, the Scout is definitely one of the best! Along side the VOTC Stormtrooper and any variant of the #41 Clone.

Yes, that #41 Clone in just about any color is a pretty sweet figure. In many ways, I like it even better then I do any version of the Stormtroopers.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 10:19 AM »
For the money?

Definitely the #41 clone from the ROTS days...I remember picking up a couple at Target for $4.77....ahhh, the good ol' days.

The VOTC stormtrooper is a great figure but at $10 he's a little pricey to army build with.  Don't get me started on the new Biker Scout....

We all wants tons of him but most of us won't even get a chance to find one on the pegs.

Agreed totally with this.  I'll always prefer the OT troopers, but their higher price and limited availability makes them less than ideal to army build with. 

But that #41 Clone--it's got everything.  They were cheap, readily-available, and just as good as the VOTC/VTSC troopers, sculpt- and articulation-wise. 

But put the Stormtroopers and Scouts in the basic line, ship them two to a case from here to eternity, and I'll change my vote in a heartbeat. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 10:44 AM »
I actually prefer the #41 clone to the VOTC stormie.  The helmet is too small on the stormie in proportion to his body.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 8, 2006, 12:23 PM »
I've got to add this to my potential list of great army builders...

I want no less than 20... 10 for display and many for custom fodder.  What a great looking figure.

:)

edit - just stopping by to shrink the picture, it was just a tad too large... Jeff
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 02:04 PM by Jeff »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2006, 01:38 PM »
He does look very cool but I'm not a fan of angle cut elbows.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Too bad the photographer of this source photo didn't know how to armor the figure properly.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 01:43 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2006, 10:59 PM »
I dunno. It looks like a nice figure, but OT is not for me. Mine will stay prisoner on card.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.