Author Topic: Battlefront 3  (Read 20183 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefront 3 What would you like to see??
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 10:18 PM »
There is a BF3 planned, and it looks incredible.  Take a look at this video for your first shots of the game.

http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars-battlefront-3-gameplay-footage

correction. There WAS a BF3 planned. The company working on it had to lay off a good chunk of their employees which means no more BF3 unless some one else picks up where they left on. Unless someone else picks it up to finish the game off chances are we will never get anymore than that video.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battlefront 3
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 11:32 PM »
Wow that was a great video. I really would like to see another studio pick up the game and start where Free Radical left off. It would really be a shame for that to never see the light of day.

I really never liked BF 1 or 2 very much. The story was non-existant in BF1 and INCREDIBLY lame in BF2. The game was way too easy, it was almost impossbile to not win in that game. I don't particularly like the 3rd person combat system. I really think BF would have been better served as a FPS. Space combat in II was kind of fun when it first came out, but it got really boring really quick. It was the same **** every time and it was too easy. The whole scale of the battles never felt as big as they had hyped them up to be.

It always bugged me to how you would automatically lose if all your reinforcements got cut off, even if you still had guys in the field. I hated when it would be fairly close and they would have like 30 reinforcements left and my side would have 0 and it would just end while I was still alive. There were a lot more negatives than postives with the first two games, and it looks as if this game would have improved on them. Hopefully Lucasfilm has the legal rights to be able to buy/take all the work Free Radicals have done so far and give it to another studio to finish up.
"This is the way."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 10:00 AM »
umm..you do know you can switch the games to fps right?

Personally I hate FPS because they are all the same, and at least for third person you can see your own character in action and have a better sense of your surroundings. but everyone is different.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Arctic Ackbar

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Certified Lego-aholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 04:10 PM »
You are correct JangoTat.  Free Radical is dead.   Here are a couple more links about the game.  It is a shame the portion of traveling from the planet surface to orbit is gone. 

http://kotaku.com/5132851/free-radicals-star-wars-battlefront-iii-is-dead

Sith Kenobi?

http://kotaku.com/5132905/heres-star-wars-battlefront-iiis-sith-kenobi

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 04:38 PM »
umm..you do know you can switch the games to fps right?

Eh, I guess it slipped my mind. I'm generally not a fan of third person shooters, I think they work sometimes when there is cover system in the game, but generally I always prefer 1st person. They immerse you much more as a player, and you really can feel like you are the character you play the game as.

As for all FPS being the same, you could say the same thing for all third person shooters. Neither statement is really true though. There are a lot of very similar games both 1st and 3rd person, I'll give you that. But there are enough games different that they don't feel like the same game all the time.

Anyway you paint it, the first Battlefronts were mediocre games at best, and repetitively boring and easy shooters at worst.
"This is the way."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 07:39 PM »
so does this mean someone has picked it up? and will more than likely ruin a game that had such great potential?

Offline Arctic Ackbar

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Certified Lego-aholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 08:41 PM »
so does this mean someone has picked it up? and will more than likely ruin a game that had such great potential?

I believe you nailed it on the head.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 08:30 PM »
I would like to see Hoth outfit Han and Luke

Bespin Luke

Darth Vader without helmet

Leia Slave

Boba Fett

more troopers

Classic Ben Kenobi instead of dark obi wan (a bit disgusting)

Stormtrooper commander (from tfu)