Author Topic: VTSC Biker Scout  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
VTSC Biker Scout
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:55 PM »
It all started on one sunny day in Northern VA , around noonish. I raced to the toy aisle pegs in my Target, with visions of Scorches and Fouls and Firespeeder Pilots in my head. I was let down, all that was left on the pegs was a lone Utapau Clone Trooper and 4-5 Sun Facs. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a VTSC Luke in X-Wing Gear. I light up, seeing two full pegs of the new VTSC figures. I quickly flipped through them, hoping to find a Biker Scout. There it was, in the back of the pegs! A VTSC Biker Scout! After picking up a pack of King Kong Movie Cards, I raced to the register, my purchase in hand. Here goes the review.

Sculpt: 5/5
The Biker Scout has a sculpt that looks like Hasbro paused ROTJ and grabbed a real Biker Scout right out of the movie. The armor has a nice, clean sculpt on it, and the body glove has all the creases, folds, and straps on it. The survival backpack looks perfect, and the helmet looks to-scale. Hasbro even sculpted in an ankle holster for the Biker Scouts minigun.

Articulation: 5/5
From what I can tell, the VTSC Biker Scout has 14 points of articulation, it is "super articulated". Normally I'm not much of an articulation freak, but I do believe all "troopers" should have at least 12 points of articulation. These 14 points can allow the Scout to ride his speeder bike, lie down in sniper position ala SW Battlefront, and blast away at rebel scum.

Paint: 5/5
This Scout is all clean, and I like it. He does have a little bit of mud on his boots, but oh well. Even though his helmet is small, it has a very crisp paintjob on it.

Accesories: 5/5
This Imperial Trooper includes:
-Scout Blaster

Since most VTSC are only supposed to include the accesories they had when they were vintage figures, I can forgive the Scout only including a Blaster. I like the look of it very much, its very compact.

Packaging: 5/5
I love the packaging of the VTSC series, its a recreation of the original vintage packaging that was used between 1978-1984. It even has the Kenner logo and the vintage "coffin" blister.

Overall: 5/5
A flawless figure, the VTSC Biker Scout is a must-buy. I passed on the original VOTC Stormtrooper, so I wanted this even more. This is undoubtbly the definitive version of this trooper.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: VTSC Biker Scout
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I completely agree, top notch figure.

I have not been able to get mine to sit on a Speeder Bike quite right yet which leads me to my only complaint. I think this figure could have used the ball jointed hips ala VOTC Luke and ROTS Gunner. But, even this drawback doesn't even really put a blemish on this outstanding hunk of plastic.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline casimar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:43 AM »
I agree this was a really nice one.  I don't even LIKE biker scouts that much but having opened one I feel like this is nearly perfect.  (I hadn't tried to put it on the endor bike yet though... thats a shame if it doesn't fit well.)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:57 PM »
The greatest clone/trooper figure to date!
The only complaint is that his wrists pop off kinda easy.

Perfect reveiw! :D
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 09:19 AM »
My only complaint about the review is that you can't give it a 6 out of 5. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."