Author Topic: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?  (Read 50140 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: How many VTSC Biker Scouts are in your army?
« Reply #225 on: August 8, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Now, I'm gonna take a chance and vouch for DS. ;)

There is absolutely nothing illegal with "stashing". If you find it to be "unethical", then so be it. I'll bet that over half of all collectors have hidden away a figure and bought it later. If someone stashed away a figure in my local WM, and I never found it (and I actually HAVE found some stashes in the past), I wouldn't be too worried, I'll just recognize that person as a collector with strategy.

So like I said, if you find it wrong, then don't stash. But don't come on these boards just to point out how DS has no principles.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 8, 2006, 02:07 PM »
That's a selfish weasel thing to do.  You cheat others wanting to buy the figs.  In the long term, they may not order as much since they had to clearance out stuff, all so that you get cheaper figures. 

Laughs* I'll bet there aren't many folks in here who actually think I'm 'cool'

How little you understand. I'M not the benifactor from spending less of MY money on these figures/toys. Others cheated or PLEASED that they were able to get it and for less?Or at all-- to the defeat of scalpers? We're all wrong and you're righteous?!? For the win? 52? Is it all about winning? You brag about what you've accomplished(morals/hoarding?)
then, motivated by?..Jealosy? Have the right to get pissed that someone has the CHANCE to get this for less than you because of *laughs* morals?You say 'surprise my collecting habits here didn't affect anyone' really....? Say someone wants 1 scout....well that's 51 less chances for him to find it now..it doesn't matter WHERE you buy! I'm a weasel??! OK whatever..but get it right already I'm a fat one that helps folks out. Oh yeah..I'm not an army builder either I just felt this was an appropriate place to post this comment. I'm done entertaining your shallow, pecking on the surface, trollfull, baiting posts here since you 'don't care to know' who it is your talking about yet are willing to start crap anyway=troublemaker? You wanna start a 'trollers-welcome-collecting-morals-thread' than be my guest

I make a simple statement about something and you chime in with a troll
« Last Edit: August 8, 2006, 02:12 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline madoka

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 8, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Yeah I'm sure you're doing this because:

- Your ailing mother needs biker scouts to survive like Mr. Freeze needs diamonds
- Terrorists are forcing you to buy them at a discount or your kitty dies
-  You've found the cure for cancer, but need biker scouts to complete your research and you're on a budget

Fact of the matter is you are stealing.  You know you can't defend this slimey behavior, so you attack me in other ways.  Yeah, I'm totally jealous of you.  I made $20K last month and treated myself to a bunch of toys, and yet I'm jealous of a guy that needs to hide figures until they become more affordable to him.  I haven't deprived anyone since my scouts almost all come from HTS or KB.com and they are still available there a month later.  You have deprived your local collectors / kids. 

Aren't you even a little ashamed?  I mean hiding figures is something little kids with no money would do.  Just be a man and buy them if you want them.  Otherwise put them out for others to buy them.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #228 on: August 8, 2006, 03:06 PM »
I do not know how relevant this is but:
     I do not hide toys
     I did not make 20K last month
     I did treat myself to a bunch of toys though
     I buy stuff online
         at regular price
         and on clearance
     I am at work right now wearing my Sith Happens Vader boxers
     I just got a ewok village in the mail from ebay and I feel pretty damn good    about it.

I was going to have Wendys for lunch but this whole made me rethink the idea and now I am ordering myself some gyros.  I do not know why. ???

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: August 8, 2006, 04:10 PM »
OK, time for someone to step in and say "knock it off". 

This thread is for people to talk about how many VTSC Biker Scouts they've found.  If you want to debate the ethics of stashing figures for clearance, take it someplace else...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 9, 2006, 03:31 AM »
gyros

Ooooo. This pleases me.

Anyway...I've been able to get 2 online in this forum and bought one (albeit overpriced) to keep carded. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: August 9, 2006, 04:20 AM »
I kind of stopped at 25...  I've not seen this figure exactly pegwarm in my area but I do see him from time to time, sometimes 2 or 3 even, and usually just chilling at either Wal-Marts who got overstocked with VTSC or KB Toys who are charging more per figure...

25 is fine by me.  I got some from a NFC case, some from friends, and some from Paul's source online...  It was nice paying retail and not really having to hunt for these at stores.  I'm debating picking up just 6 more for an even 30 plus an extra 1 for customs purposes.  I may hold out though for that when the Kashyyyk Repaint comes around for cheaper.

25 look great though and that's a nice sizeable group to head up a Scout Unit attached to an Infantry Unit...  Now we just need a good speederbike for all them.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 9, 2006, 12:03 PM »
Yes, the bike should be small

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2006, 03:58 AM »
+1 here...

I was out and because of some good fortune on finding something superduper cheap, I decided I'd rationalize another VTSC Scout in my purchase too.  26 total and they're glorious.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2006, 11:29 AM »

25 look great though and that's a nice sizeable group to head up a Scout Unit attached to an Infantry Unit...  Now we just need a good speederbike for all them.  :(

Hmmm, the speederbike.  It's the mention of that which makes me think that the VTSC Scout Trooper isn't TOTALLY perfect.  Why?  Because a properly proportioned speederbike probably would not work with the VTSC Scout Trooper in it's current state.  The legs are too close together for the Biker Scout to sit on the speeder bike.

That's not to say that the VTSC figure isn't a great starting point for a revised Biker Scout with the speeder bike.  I think all this figure needs are ball jointed hips and it would work perfectly with a speeder bike.  But as things stand now, the Biker Scout looks a little weird on the speeder bikes we have.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2006, 10:22 PM »
Bought another today clearanced at WM for $5 to bring my number up to 5.  I think I'm done unless I stumble across another for that or cheaper.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2006, 05:10 AM »
I've got a whopping 2 Scouts in my army.  No wonder the Ewoks defeated the Empire.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2006, 03:17 AM »
Bearing in mind Nick that the Speederbike is a BIT oversized actually.  The seat is pretty narrow on the "real" one...  The legs don't spread over it much and actually it's more like a tight seated position (such as on a streetbike).  I'm thinking a new bike could be made to fit the figure well actually...  If done with some creativity.  The Scouts legs are further apart than some troopers so there's hope there (should they redo the bike).

On the current bike...  It's definitely an awkward sight.  Especially the way his feet can't reach the pedals.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Another come in from a trade. 24.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Bearing in mind Nick that the Speederbike is a BIT oversized actually.  The seat is pretty narrow on the "real" one...  The legs don't spread over it much and actually it's more like a tight seated position (such as on a streetbike).  I'm thinking a new bike could be made to fit the figure well actually...  If done with some creativity.  The Scouts legs are further apart than some troopers so there's hope there (should they redo the bike).

On the current bike...  It's definitely an awkward sight.  Especially the way his feet can't reach the pedals.

I'm sure a Dremel and some epoxy or sculpting stuff to smooth it out would fix that.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...