Author Topic: What figure will they never make?  (Read 5480 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: What figure will they never make?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2003, 04:56 PM »
I'm with Spuffy. (Never thought I'd type that. Reads weird, doesn't it? Anyway...)

Luke & Leia from the Medical Frigate would make a cool screen scene if you ask me. The bed, the window frame, maybe a new, light-up 2-1B to go with them. I can see it happening.
Post sober.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2003, 03:02 AM »
I'm with Spuffy. (Never thought I'd type that. Reads weird, doesn't it? Anyway...)

Luke & Leia from the Medical Frigate would make a cool screen scene if you ask me. The bed, the window frame, maybe a new, light-up 2-1B to go with them. I can see it happening.

Please NOT another Luke or Leia we have enough of them.  :-X
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2003, 04:33 AM »
I think there's lots of Lukes we could use.  I know some folks have had their fill (me, I'm tired of Jango) but imagine:

Luke Stormtrooper w/ helmet
Ceremony Luke
Dagobah Luke
Snowspeeder Luke
Hoth Luke
Orange Jumpsuit Luke
Medical Frigate Luke
Endor Luke

I want all these figures.   ;D

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2003, 09:53 AM »
Please NOT another Luke or Leia we have enough of them.  :-X

We have too many craptastic Luke figures, I'll agree. But as my comrade Spuffy (Hi Spuffy!) points out, there are still plenty of Luke figures than can be offered. And as long as retailers insist on main characters in their assortments, we'll just have to live with them.

Personally I'd rather see Hasbro reissue decent figures, but there are plenty of POTF2 era sculpts that still need the POTJ treatment. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a steady stream of new Luke figures from now 'til 2018. I want never-before-done characters as well. But I think there's a balance that can and should be achieved.

Heck, if Hasbro can offer Bacta Tank Luke, a Medical Frigate version is probably not far behind. (Even another Tatooine Luke WITH PONCHO, though it'd be the last one I'D ever want to see.)
Post sober.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2003, 08:03 PM »
ICMG and Hemdzon.

just because they know its what we want
and A$$bro likes to play on our backside that way.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2003, 01:54 AM »
Agreed, we should stick to the movies. There are way too many EU characters that didn't deserve to be created in the first place let alone be merchandised in ANY way, shape, or form.

Sorry, since there are so many collectors who want figures of characters who were on screen for 2 seconds I'll want my EU figures.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2003, 09:30 AM »
I definitely would like more characters from the Thrawn trilogy!!! as far as EU go

I didn't vote for MacQuarrie stormie, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more of those...Although it would almost have to have half of the production of a regular figure...