Author Topic: The Saga Collection Foul Moudama  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
The Saga Collection Foul Moudama
« on: April 11, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Like many people, I missed out on the 1998 Expanded Universe Line, so I was delighted to hear of new EU figures being mixed in with the regular TSC line, like Foul, Scorch, and the upcoming Shadow Stormtrooper.

Sculpt: 4/5
Foul's sculpt is a good representation of what he would have looked like in the real SW universe, since we only saw Foul as a cartoon. The newly sculpted Jedi robes look great, and could be useful for making a Wookie Jedi custom. The thing that knocks this figures sculpt score down is that he can't hold his lightsaber! Would sculpting a new lightsaber-friendly hand be that hard? Luckily I found a way for him to hold his saber without rubber bands.

Articulation: 4/5
Mr. Moudama has 6 points of articulation. This is decent for a large figure like him.

Paint: 5/5
Foul has a great paintjob, it makes the fur look very realistic. He has a lot of intricate little details painted on to his Jedi belt.

Accesories: 4/5
Foul has:
-Lightsaber
-Mini Hologram (I got Yoda)
-Base

Good accesories, but I think including the lightsaber from the POTF2 Endor Luke would've gave this category a 5. It also would've been cool to get a cloth cloak, or a datapad like Shaak Ti had. Hell even a Jedi Comlink would've been cool to get with Foul.

Overall: 4.2/5
If you like EU Characters, Jedi, EU Jedi, Aliens, Obscure Aliens, Alien Jedi, and Obscure Alien EU Jedi, then this figure is for you. More EU figures are always welcome, and this one is a pretty good one. Aside from not holding his saber, this a great figure, and a worthwhile use of your Lincoln and twin Washingtons.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga Collection Foul Moudama
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:28 AM »
I agree with the point on his lightsaber.  Why give him one if he can't hold it?  They should've gave him just the hilt instaed so you can attach it to the hole already on his belt.

Another thing I didn't like is why have a peg on his stand if Foul doesn't have a hole?

Other than those two things that bug me Foul is a great figure. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 04:47 AM »
I know.  The twisty tie.  This is where you know Hasbro is ******* with you.  They give you twisties on every fig but the one that needs it, and ankle joints on every fig that doesn't.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 09:39 AM »
The idea of making this figre was neat, but I'm not to hot on the execution. The lightsaber think just makes me scratch my head and the sculpt does seem to be out dated bu todays standards. I will give them the boots and vest thing though, that was pretty cleaver.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."