Author Topic: New JD Review: Gragra (Mos Espa Vendor)  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Gragra (Mos Espa Vendor)
« on: December 22, 2006, 02:42 AM »
When you need Chuba's, you need this freak...

Clicky Button, Read Review!

So that brings us to this week's review...  A little later but with the holidays and my own computer problems this week you just have to accept these things. ;)  I took a scalpel to Gragra and I have to say she's one of, if not the best figure of the "End-Boo" wave...  Great sculpting, great articulation (for what she is), super poseability for her head which is kind of key...  Nice accessories too.  Top it off with the sculpting and paint, and she really turned out to be a dandy in the line.  Check out the review to see where Hasbro could've gotten us a little more for our buck, but really this is the level of quality the line's current price should reflect in general. 

Check out the review, and share...  We're all about sharing folks.  Seriously.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Gragra (Mos Espa Vendor)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Yeah, this figure could have easily turned into an innocuous hunk of plastic, but I agree that the care put into this figure shows and makes it a cut above the usual BG character fair.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Totally agree Anton...  The figure's about as articulated as she can be, the sculpting details rival the best out there (Ephant Mon, VOTC Chewie, etc.) IMO...  I love the joints at the head too.  It's a really fun, funky alien to play with.  She didn't do much, but I think collectors as well as kids can appreciate this figure as a toy first and, of course collectors can appreciate the obscurity factor later.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 10:33 AM »
I keep saying that this character looks like the monster that William Katt's wife turns into in House, but for the life of me I can't find a picture for comparison. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 04:50 PM »
Your'e reveiws always make me want a character I wasn't really excited abou. (Garindan, this......thing,Veers,etc..)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 06:54 AM »
i love her, and luckily i could buy the last one in the shelves, thats a figure fascinating me really :)
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.