Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144344 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2004, 09:50 PM »
Got my six packs and booster today. I now have 35 unique figures :)

Need:
1 Bothan Spy
2 C3PO
4 Commando on Speeder Bike
7 Han Solo
11 Obi Wan Kenobi
12 Leia Captive
13 Leia Senator
14 R2D2
16 Rebel Officer
22 Darth Vader
25 Emperor Palpatine
26 General Veers
29 Imperial Officer
31 Probe Droid
39 Stormtrooper Officer
40 Sandtrooper on Dewback
42 Boba Fett
43 Dengar
45 Ewok
46 4LOM
48 IG88
50 Jabba the Hutt
52 Lando
54 Quarren Assassin
60 Wampa

Extras:
24 Elite Stormtrooper PROMO (1)
20 Wookiee Soldier (1)
15 Rebel Commando (1)
49 Ithorian Scout (1)
8 Hoth Trooper (1)
58 Twi' Lek Bodyguard (1)
59 Twi' Lek Scoundrel (2)
32 Royal Guard (1)
28 Heavy Stormtrooper (1)
51 Jawa (3)
35 Snowtrooper (2)
18 Rebel Trooper (1)
17 Rebel Pilot (1)
06 Elite Rebel Trooper (2)
41 Bespin Guard (3)
38 Stormtrooper (2)
37 Stormtrooper (1)

Very open to trades, 1:1 on each level of rarity, or multiples for rarer items. Looking to buy rares as well.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2004, 02:20 AM »
Well, with the combination of the delay in my case arriving, everyone getting to "play" with the minis so far except for me, and the fact that a gaming store on the way home had a massive ****load of Booster packs for only $10.99, I finally bit the proverbial bullet, and bought 3 of them (one Han, Stormie, and Fett box).  If they were the full $13 price though, I would've definitely passed...

So the lady was actually cool enough to bring all the sets to the counter, about 16 of them, to let me feel/weigh them all.  So guess what?  I couldn't tell hardly a damned bit of difference between them...   :-\

So I skip (yes, skip - the happy skip of owning new Star Wars stuff) back to my car and start opening.  Hell if I'm waiting 'til I get home.  Pop the bottom of the first pack open, and the first figure I see and pull out is a freaking Wampa!  Score!  One for freakin' one.  I'm totally digging this new hobby of mine!  As I'm mentally preparing myself for the rest of the more common pack, I then pull a Royal Guard - with a PERFECT pike.  Probably my most wanted Uncommon, so I'm absolutely stoked and still floating on cloud 9.  I'm having visions of the 3 most perfect Booster packs in the history of Booster packs floating around in my head at this point...

I polish out the rest of the first set with the standard Stormie and RFT stuff, but end on a sour note with the Tusken I already had a promo of, and even worse - that lameass Twilek pole vaulting chick.  That blows.  I don't like any of the EU crap, and I consider the two Twileks to be the absolute worst of the bunch.

Then ecstasy quickly turns to agony...  Move on into pack #2, and I get a Stormie that I already had a promo of.  Then I get that other ****nob Twilek "Scoundrel" crap.  Plus a duplicate of the Twilek Pole Vaulter as well!  And a couple commons later, I wind up with a Leia with a blaster folded at a right angle.  Not to mention I'd already had her set up in another trade, so she was one of only two rares that I didn't even need.

Third pack yields the Mon Cal I already had as a promo, plus 3 more duplicates of the Stormie from the first pack and Ewok and Hoth Rebel from the second pack, and to top it off, I pull the only EU rare - Mara Jade.   ::)  Phhhtpth.   >:(  Started on on such a high note, and ended with an absolutely dismal, disappointing fizzle.  So essentially, the equivalent of one of my three Boosters was a total and complete waste, since I now have 7 freaking duplicates (3 from prior Promo figures), plus 4 damned EU figures to add insult to injury...  Didn't get the only common I really wanted - the Jawa.  Only got 1 of 5 Uncommons I really wanted (missed the Ithorian, Gamorrean, Tessek & Scouttrooper).  Got doubles of the WORST Uncommon, and got got another UC that was the only UC I already had.   :'(  Oh well.  Hopefully the case on Monday yields better results, but now that I know how much God hates me, I'm not expecting too much...

Not really worried though.  I knew this was a possibility.  Just didn't think it would happen so freakin' soon!  Just real crappy luck on my first few packs here.  I'll bounce back, I'm sure! 

Booster pack #1:
Wampa  ;D
Royal Guard  8)
Rebel Pilot
Elite RFT #6
Stormie #36
Tusken Raider  :-\
Pole vaulting Twilek  ::)

Booster pack #2:
Leia, Senator   :-\
Ewok  :-X
Hoth Trooper #8
Snowtrooper #35
Elite Stormtrooper #24  :-[
Twilek Scoundrel  :(
Twilek Pole Vaulter  >:(   >:(

Booster pack #3:
Mara Jade  :-\
Duros Merc
Elite Snowtrooper
Mon Cal Merc  :-\
Stormie #36  >:(
Hoth Trooper #8  >:(   >:(
Ewok  >:(   >:(   >:(
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 04:21 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2004, 02:26 AM »
haha, you guys are nuts. :)

So does anyone think they'll play the OLD SW Minis game with these?  It's more involved, but visually it's like combining Chess (without the simpler rules), with diorama building...

If I get into these, my goal's to have a set of individuals and army build galore with any and all troopers, officers, etc...  Customizing too.

I've only got the two promos I've been given so far though.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2004, 03:36 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone here is actually going to be gaming with these Jess...  Which is perhaps why this thread was moved into this Other Collectibles section, rather than staying in the CCG forum...   :-\

And if/when you get into this line, you know where to find me if you ever want to do some army building!  I'd be happy to lose some grunts for a rare or two of yours from time to time...   ;)

So here's my updated tally through 3 Boosters (and 4 promo figures):

Common figures (16):
  6  Elite Rebel Trooper
  8  Hoth Trooper x2  :-\
17  Rebel Pilot
18  Rebel Trooper
19  Rebel Trooper
20  Wookiee Soldier (have promo)
35  Snowtrooper
36  Stormtrooper x2  ::)
37  Stormtrooper
38  Stormtrooper
41  Bespin Guard
45  Ewok x2   :-X
51  Jawa
53  Mon Calamari Mercenary + promo
57  Tusken Raider + promo
59  Twi'lek Scoundrel

Uncommon figures (16):
  1  Bothan Spy
  5  Elite Hoth Trooper
15  Rebel Commando
16  Rebel Officer
23  Elite Snowtrooper
24  Elite Stormtrooper +5 extra promos from Comic Con
28  Heavy Stormtrooper
29  Imperial Officer
32  Royal Guard   8)
33  Scout Trooper
39  Stormtrooper Officer
44  Duros Mercenary
47  Gamorrean Guard
49  Ithorian Scout
54  Quarren Assassin
58  Twi'lek Bodyguard x2  Son of a bitch!   >:(

Rare figures (16):
  2  C-3P0
  3  Chewbacca
  7  Han Solo
10  Luke Skywalker, Rebel (exclusive to Starter set)
13  Princess Leia, Senator
14  R2-D2
21  Darth Vader, Dark Jedi (exclusive to Starter set)
26  General Veers
27  Grand Moff Tarkin
30  Mara Jade, Emperor’s Hand   :(
43  Dengar
46  4-LOM
48  IG-88
52  Lando Calrissian
55  Greedo
56  Bossk

Very Rare figures (12):
  4  Commando on Speeder Bike
  9  Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
11  Obi-Wan Kenobi
12  Princess Leia, Captive
22  Darth Vader, Sith Lord
25  Emperor Palpatine
31  Probe Droid
34  Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike
40  Sandtrooper on Dewback
42  Boba Fett
50  Jabba the Hutt
60  Wampa   :D

That's about as ****** a start as possible.   >:(

I'm gonna wait 'til Jared and I get our cases though, before I start wheelin' and dealin'...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 04:23 AM by JediMAC »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2004, 07:17 AM »
I'll gladly take an Ewok off your hands. Hmmmm, maybe I should build an Ewok army...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2004, 06:24 PM »
Okay, so I caved and bought 3 packs of these today at the mall, along with the starter set...  ::)

and i got: mostly crap... blah blah blah (same story as everyone else so I'll skip the minute details) - 1 Very Rare (9 Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight with exclusive curved lightsaber blade) and 2 Rare (7  Han Solo, and 27 Grand Moff Tarkin).

But my big question is this: do you think that all of the assortments will be the same? In other words, since the cards that these guys come with are sealed in plastic, do you think that's like a "pack" of figures? That somewhere there are X amount of boxes with the exact same configuration? It just struck me as odd that the cards would be sealed. I could understand in they sealed the cards in with the figures themselves, but they don't.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2004, 06:49 PM »
I kind of wondered that about the separately packed cards as well. My theory is, that if these are all hand painted, then certainly they could be hand packed into the box randomly, with the matching cards and then they just run those thru a machine that seals the cards up and throw them in the box with the minis. I've been reading that distribution on these has been pretty good, which I wouldn't think would be the case if you opened up a booster pack and got the exact same 7 minis as another booster pack that you've opened before.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2004, 07:06 PM »
While I do see your point, I think the amount of man hours it would take to actually pack 7 "random" figures in a box and then take the 7 corresponding cards and shrink wrap them would not be feasible. It would be way easier to pack the cards and figures by machine. Then again, while I was in the store today, I was checking out the other games/figures (HeroClix, MageKnight, etc.) and they all seemed to be a bit cheaper than these Star Wars ones. Maybe that's why they are more expensive?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2004, 07:39 PM »
Got 2 more boosters todya, out of 5 boosters now I have:

1 extra rare Emperor
1 extra rare Stormtrooper on Dewback
1 extra rare Probe droid
1 rare Lando
1 rare Bossk

not too shabby.  The uncommons and commons were split up pretty good, have a large amount of those with fairly few doubles.

Hmmmm, I may break down and buy a few more boosters, if I get any doubles on the rares, try and trade them for others I need, then maybe break down and try and buy some individually if I can luck out and get some rares under $10ea.

My thoughts are once you get a few boosters you'll just start getting the same crap over and over.

Even at only 60 characters, this could get ugly...fast. and they have another clone set coming out shortly after. Sheesh.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2004, 08:33 PM »
So how do you guys plan on displaying these? I'm trying to come up with a way to display all 60 in a small area (not that I have all 60 or anything  :-\ )... shouldn't be too hard to do. I'm thinking about building a small stair-like display case out of foam core board and painting it black, similar to the ones I built for my stormtroopers before my army got out of hand.

Anybody else with ideas?

Got 2 more boosters todya, out of 5 boosters now I have:

1 extra rare Emperor
1 extra rare Stormtrooper on Dewback
1 extra rare Probe droid
1 rare Lando
1 rare Bossk

When I first read your post, I thought you had gotten all 5 of those out of 2 boosters!! I'm thinking along the same lines, as far as how many boosters I'm really going to be buying. I think I might order an online case, since the prices are considerably cheaper, even after the shipping is added on. At $13 per booster, to basically get 1 figure (the rare/very rare), it would make more sense to just go out to some comic shops and/or toy shows and see if I can grab some for around (or hopefully under) $10, just like you said.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2004, 10:04 PM »
I think ordering a case online is probably the best way to go, pricewise. With tax, it cost me $13.83 for one booster yesterday. But I just ordered a case from one of the links that Matt had listed earlier in this thread (usacomicbooks) and the price per booster, shipping included, will come to about $8.70 each. A significant savings. I ordered it lastnight, it shipped today and I hope to have it by midweek. There might be cheaper alternatives online but some may be out of stock. This place still had them as of late evening lastnight.

SilverZ

« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2004, 03:14 AM »
Yeah, this is going to get ugly quick, no doubt. I picked up two more boosters today, and my success rate has dropped substantially. 5 ones I needed, the rest extras. Did get a Vader Sith Lord VR though, so, hey. I'll be ready for some tradin' action once my case arrives (on Monday, I hope).

Here's my current list and my current extras:

Have:
08  Hoth Trooper
14  R2-D2
15  Rebel Commando
17  Rebel Pilot
18  Rebel Trooper
19  Rebel Trooper
20  Wookiee Soldier
23  Elite Snowtrooper
32  Royal Guard
33  Scout Trooper
34  Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike
35  Snowtrooper
37  Stormtrooper
41  Bespin Guard
45  Ewok
46  4-LOM
47  Gamorrean Guard
49  Ithorian Scout
51  Jawa
53  Mon Calamari Mercenary
54  Quarren Assassin
56  Bossk
57  Tusken Raider
58  Twi'lek Bodyguard

Extra (soon for trade):

14  R2-D2
18  Rebel Trooper
23  Elite Snowtrooper
32  Royal Guard
35  Snowtrooper
45  Ewok
49  Ithorian Scout
53  Mon Calamari Mercenary
54  Quarren Assassin
57  Tusken Raider
17  Rebel Pilot x2
19  Rebel Trooper x2
37  Stormtrooper x3

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2004, 03:36 PM »
I bought a pack at McDonalds today, here is what I pulled

4  Commando on Speeder Bike
9  Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
11  Obi-Wan Kenobi
12  Princess Leia, Captive
25  Emperor Palpatine
31  Probe Droid

Pretty good first try, I gave them all to my son who drove them over repeatedly with his Thomas the Tank Engine

(Oh ! The humanity, Colman, Oh ! The humanity !!)

That is all :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2004, 05:16 PM »
Just went and bought another pack at Citgo, pulled this

25  Emperor Palpatine
43  Dengar
46  4-LOM
48  IG-88
56  Bossk
42  Boba Fett
50  Jabba the Hutt

Not too happy that I pulled another Palpatine...ugh ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2004, 05:50 PM »
Dumbass.   ::)

Now, as for me...  All I can say is "PHEW!"  God has changed his mind, and apparently loves me again.   8)

Stopped by the TRU next to that same gaming store I got jacked on my 3 Boosters last week, and was weak, so I went back in there today...  They'd put out a full fresh case of Boosters, and still had about 20 of them left, so I decided to have another go of it.  I asked them to bring about 10 of them up to the counter, and decided to give the "weight test" another shot, after failing miserably in it on Friday (despite pulling a Wampa).  So I found two that felt decidedly heavier than the rest this time, and bought 'em ($10.99 each).  Ran to the car, and ripped the puppies open, and WALLAH!  Dewback and Endor Rebel on Speederbike!  SWEET!   8)

Feeling kinda horny for these guys again now, I decided to march back into the store, and take another stab at it while on was on a roll, and since there were another 10 or so sets I hadn't weighed yet.  So he pulled all the Boosters out to the counter this time, and I weighed them all.  Found 2 that felt a little heavier, and decided to grab another 2 beyond that as well.  Haul ass back to the car, open 'em up:  Jabba!  Score!  The other "heavy" turned out to only be a Bossk though, which was still pretty cool with me.  The 3rd new set yielded an IG-88, so that was sweet since Bounty Hunters are always cool.  4th and final set (6th overall today), and out of the bottom drops...  JACKPOT!!!

Boba Fett.   8)

Sweet mother of Mary.  Needless to say, I'm feeling a tad better about this line now!  5 VRs, including Fett, out of 9 total Boosters so far.  Plus, I should have my case that I ordered online waiting for me when I get home today...

I'll update with the rest of my loot here momentarily.  Just had to share my joy here!

Now if we could just get that jealous little "wish I collected WOTC minis too" clown OCB to buzz off, we'll be in good shape here!

Here's my Boosters breakdown:

Dewback w/ Sandtrooper
Ewok
Stormtrooper #37
Stormtrooper Officer #39
RFT #18
Duros Merc
Twilek Scoundrel

Commando on Speederbike
Duros Merc
Tusken Raider
Elite Snowtrooper