Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144201 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Ok, here's my picture splurge for the daytime.  I uploaded these last night (and man, is photobucket slow ::))  As always, I cannot get pb to rotate pics, so if they're sideways, sorry.

AT-ST

BARC Speeder

Bantha with Tusken Raider

AT-AT :o

Episode I crap :-X

Obi-Wan and Boga

Rancor 8)

Nice stuff.  There were some new single figures out too, but since I don't collect these I didn't know what was new or not.  Colman made me take pics of these but I didn't get forced to do the same for the singles.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Brent,

Thanks for taking the pictures, man that AT-AT looks great!  The scale looks to be pretty close to accurate as well.  When and where will this piece be available?

BTW, I dropped you a PM about the Target Giftcard to go with your Target Vader.  I can just drop it in the mail if you provide your address.

Regards,

DBK

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Brent,

Thanks for taking the pictures, man that AT-AT looks great!  The scale looks to be pretty close to accurate as well.  When and where will this piece be available?

BTW, I dropped you a PM about the Target Giftcard to go with your Target Vader.  I can just drop it in the mail if you provide your address.

Regards,

DBK

Pretty sure the AT-AT is scheduled for November

Adam

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 4, 2005, 09:20 PM »
To all,

I almost forgot.  I came across this site that has the WOTC AT-AT up for pre-order for $50.77 delivered.  That seems like a very good price. 

DBK
« Last Edit: May 4, 2005, 09:24 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2005, 07:21 PM »
this Place has the AT-AT also.
n
I'm pretty excited about the new Universe Huge set. Also, here you guys go for pics of the singles.

Singles

Lots of characters and troops.

most noteable (to me anyway) are the Dash Rendar, Thrawn, Xizor, Kyle Katarn, and some yuuzhan vong.

enjoy.

And, we miss yah over at wotc JediMAC!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 07:22 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #395 on: May 10, 2005, 07:43 PM »
And, we miss yah over at wotc JediMAC!!

Heh, thanks Andy.  ;)  Yeah, I've just been so backlogged in so many other areas the past month or two, that I've let the action on the minis end slide a bit of late.  Not to mention, 3 of the last 4 guys that I struck deals with over at WOTC wound up never sending their stuff to me, so I've been getting increasingly annoyed with the plethora of morons dealing their wares over there.  Plus, there's all the fighting there too now.  God, that place has changed over the past couple months...  :-\

But I'll be back soon, I'm sure.  I've got a ton of trade loot that I still need to unload, and plenty of catching up to do with the ROTS series too.  So try to keep the crazies in line over there 'til I get back, eh.  :P

- M

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #396 on: May 10, 2005, 08:13 PM »
For the scale-curious, the AT-AT looks spot-on...  Resources put it at 15m tall, which is inaccurate to even the films, so ignore that...  it's between 20 and 22 m tall in the films, and has many clear shots.

Eyeballing the pictures above (which have minis in them, great!), the AT-AT looks DEAD on in-scale.  It's one of the few things I'm sure I'm going to buckle down and pre-order.

The AT-ST I'm assuming will also then match up to the AT-AT and figures in scale...  Kudos to WOTC putting out some really quality pieces that minis gamers have wanted for YEARS.  Literally decades now.

The problem now is that the Alliance has many ass-whippings coming their way if they don't mount up some armor.  Most minis gamers have been fielding rebel (and Imperial) tanks for years...  Customs, kitbashes, whatever.  Time to bump up those numbers though with AT-AT's ont he move!  :)  Though mini gamers have been using Kenner AT-AT's anyway, but I digress.

That is sweet, thanks for the pics Brent...  I didn't get any good shots of it at the con so your picture more than makes up for it.  You rock man!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 10, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Yeah the wizards board has been in hassle as of late. we caught someone with two names, one of them was a scamming name, and he denied it, it ended up beings 6 page mess... ugh.. children will be children.
Me and a few other do our best to keep the order. And curious, but if you remember the names of the people who blew you off at the site, could you tell me.

I've got a whole lot of extras from ROTS
If you're interested, drop a trade list down on me.

as for that AT-AT..
it is slightly underscaled in its dimensions. The height and length ate 13"x15" it should be more around 15"x17" or so. which is a pretty big increase. but Wizards scales all vehicles down a bit. the AT-ST is a bit underscale too as far as I can see in pictures. I think theirs is about 4 to 4.5 inches. should be around 6.25 inches, which would make it in scale.

the scale on the figures is 1/52 (i've done the math before, the wizard board gets weird with questions sometimes) I've given dimensions on a lot of ships before tot hem. If I recall correctly, the hasbro Slave I from episode 2 is in scale to the minis. hehe.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 10, 2005, 11:08 PM »
You're welcome Jesse.  Colman was a little ticked at me because I had a press pass, so he actually had the gall to make me work.   ;)  His phone rang and before he answered it, he suggested I head over and take pics of the new stuff.  I knew he'd be on the phone a long time ::) so I figured what the hell. 

For the most part they turned out alright considering they were in the cases.  I didn't get new shots of the newer figures because I didn't know what was new and not new in the display case.  Colman was still on the phone. 

BTW, if anyone has a slew of Imperials (stormies, sandies, etc.) and they're not having any luck trading, I'll buy them from you.  Commons are fine for the most part.  Have to find my lone box for the check list. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2005, 04:09 AM »
16.5" high (a hair less) should be the height if the figures are 1/52...  Though their scale seems suspect.  Many are a whole head taller than others.  It's insane with that line at times.

Brent, I too am looking to army build...  I'm trying to build up on the common troops to play under the WEG rules...  I wish they'd whip up a lot more soldiers and just do packs of common troops.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Woo hoo I fininshed off my Rebel Storm Set!

Feel free to click on my collection link in my signature to see the entire collection seeing that I cannot get an image posted in this thread >:(.

DBK
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:37 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2005, 11:23 AM »

DBK

Congrats!
Its a good feeling, heyna?
Your display looks sweet! Are those CD cases or something stacked up under them?
I have mine in a tackle box for when we play, but no one plays anymore and I think
I want to just display them, escpecially with the Huge coming and the AT-AT!
Adam

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Adam,

Thanks, yeah it feels good to complete something.  I had a really cool guy (cjranck) trade me for the last six very rares I needed to complete my set including Fett and Palpy.

Yes, I used cd cases same as how I display my Kubricks inside a glass cabinet.  I think it looks clean.

Can you see my 3 pictures?  I see 3 boxes as if the pictures are not showing in my original post today.  Please advise.

DBK

DBK

Congrats!
Its a good feeling, heyna?
Your display looks sweet! Are those CD cases or something stacked up under them?
I have mine in a tackle box for when we play, but no one plays anymore and I think
I want to just display them, escpecially with the Huge coming and the AT-AT!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Adam,

Thanks, yeah it feels good to complete something.  I had a really cool guy (cjranck) trade me for the last six very rares I needed to complete my set including Fett and Palpy.

Yes, I used cd cases same as how I display my Kubricks inside a glass cabinet.  I think it looks clean.

Can you see my 3 pictures?  I see 3 boxes as if the pictures are not showing in my original post today.  Please advise.

DBK

DBK

I did see 3 pics before, but nothing now...
Not sure what happened, maybe problems where you host them?

Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #404 on: June 8, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Sexy!

8)

And here's a shot of the upcoming Universe Huge booster pack...

« Last Edit: June 8, 2005, 08:35 PM by JediMAC »