Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144787 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures
« Reply #540 on: December 27, 2005, 02:22 PM »

Anyone have an AT-ST they want to part with?

I bought two cases and didn't get a single AT-ST.  :(
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 02:23 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 27, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Oh, ouch.  That really sucks.  I bought two boxes only and gave up.  I got a Hailfire  ::) and a Viper Droid (uh, what?).  Sucky crap not worth the money, that's for sure. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 27, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Actually, I kinda like the Hailfire Droid, as well as the Bantha, Acklay and Reek.  Unfortunately, I didn't luck out on a Rancor.   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #543 on: February 23, 2006, 07:44 AM »
So I'm bumping this up...  What's the news on this?  You guys all burned out on Miniatures?

If you read a couple weeks ago, there's a spiffy little story by this hot reporter guy at JD *wink wink* dishing out the goods on what's up and coming with the Star Wars Miniatures line...

Can you say Snowspeeder?  I knew ya could!

And lots and lots more of miniature goodness...

I'm shocked at the slowness of this thread now though.  Used to be booming.

Matt, where the hell are you? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 23, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I bought a bunch of Imperials off ebay from the Rebel Storm line.  I wasted some money trying to get the AT-ST out of the latest line and mostly got crap figures (and crap Huge's) in the boxes I was buying at $20 CAD per.  Ebay proved to be far more enjoyable, paying about $1-2 per imperial that I picked up. 

I noticed on ebay that the AT-ST will be singly packed as well, so there seems to be a trend towards vehicles coming in this line.  I believe the retail price for the AT-ST alone will be lower than a booster pack, or thereabouts.  No sense throwing money away on random crap. 

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 24, 2006, 10:55 PM »
I bought a bunch of Imperials off ebay from the Rebel Storm line.  I wasted some money trying to get the AT-ST out of the latest line and mostly got crap figures (and crap Huge's) in the boxes I was buying at $20 CAD per.  Ebay proved to be far more enjoyable, paying about $1-2 per imperial that I picked up. 

I noticed on ebay that the AT-ST will be singly packed as well, so there seems to be a trend towards vehicles coming in this line.  I believe the retail price for the AT-ST alone will be lower than a booster pack, or thereabouts.  No sense throwing money away on random crap. 

Saw the new AT-ST today, it looks awesome! Comes with 3 troopers and it
is packed in a window box. New paint apps and muzzle fire coming out of
the cannons. MSRP is 19.99 on these.
Adam

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #546 on: February 25, 2006, 03:48 AM »

Damn you Brent, read the front page! :)  I had a good story that's pushed down or in the archives now, but I just posted it like a couple weeks ago and it highlights some of what's coming.

I posted on that AT-ST back in September too with a pic and a comparison pic of it with the old AT-ST too earlier this month.  It's got a blast effect on the guns and a slight pose and paint difference.  Pretty cool looking though and better than the Huge one IMO.

There's a Snowspeeder coming to battle the AT-AT...  Lots of good stuff. 

Here's the Story

There's the story...  Number of cool things.  Makes me wanna get into this but I know I can't afford it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 26, 2006, 09:40 PM »
The front.....what?

I'll probably pick up that AT-ST and continue passing on the AT-AT.  If I can still pick one up fairly cheap after moving, then maybe, but not before.  Snowspeeder could be cool too. 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 27, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Saw the At-St pack at a local show Saturday.  It was selling for $13. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #549 on: February 28, 2006, 12:26 AM »
What's cheap to you on the AT-AT Brent?  I may have a line on some for in the $30-ish pricerange (US).

Local place had them at the last toy show that cheap, I want one incase I should get into gaming here in the future so I may pick it up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 28, 2006, 01:07 AM »
$30 would be great, but I really don't need another large box to move.  Not right now.  I'm just hoping the regular series - hasbro - AT-AT stays away until summer as well :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #551 on: February 28, 2006, 01:47 AM »
OK, I'll let ya know if I get one successfully from them in the near future though for a low price and if you want one you can let me know or whatever then or I can even drop you their information.  They seem a cordial lot.

Offline soggybottomboy2469

• Youngling
    • View Profile
WotC Star Wars Miniatures
« Reply #552 on: April 14, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Is this the place for SWM dicussion?  I didn't seem to find a thread that wqas recent and had activity on it, so I tohught I would ask.

Where ya at JediMAC!!!!

-b
-----------------------------------------------
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!
Star Wars minis rule...1006 and counting!
BOYCOTT Rebelscum...SUPPORT JediDefender.com

Offline soggybottomboy2469

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 4, 2006, 01:01 AM »
Anyone been redading the news on CotF at the various sites?

Champions of the Force Explores EU Characters

April 28, 2006

Warriors of the light side take on the powers of the dark side of the Force from across all eras of the Star Wars saga in the Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force expansion set, due to hit shelves this June from Wizards of the Coast.

Containing characters from the feature films, video games, novels and micro-series, this set pits Sith against Jedi in battles that could decide the fate of the galaxy. And while players can look forward to some new versions of core characters, the Champions of the Force is the first Star Wars Miniatures set to focus heavily on fan-favorite characters from the Expanded Universe, including characters from The New Jedi Order, Republic Commando, and Knights of the Old Republic I and II. Expect heavy hitters such as Darth Malak, Darth Bane and Jaina Solo to make their miniatures debut in this set.

This 60-figure set will be available in booster packs containing seven random miniatures, including one rare or very-rare figure. Since the new set is only available in booster packs there will be no scenario booklet or similar item associated with the set.

Read preview articles about this set from authors Sterling Hershey and Gary M. Sarli, as well as additional information about the Champions of the Force expansion set on the official Wizards of the Coast site here.

http://www.starwars.com/gaming/other/rpg/news20060428.html#hljs

http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p6648.htm

Courtesy of Wizards

Star Wars Minis: Champions of the Force Set Previews

The Star Wars Miniatures game is an awesome mix of Star Wars action, plastic toys and strategy combat. It turns all the heroes, villains, droids, clones and Jedi from the Star Wars movies into plastic figures and gives them attack and defense ratings so you can battle with them! The next set, Champions of the Force, is all about the heroic Jedi and evil Sith, and it drops on June 9, 2006. We have exclusive previews of figs from this new set right here. Check 'em out and click the pics for bigger images!

Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force Preview Images

Star Wars Miniatures: Varactyl Wrangler Fig Info
Figure: Varactyl Wrangler
Faction: Fringe
Cost: 6
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 12
Attack: +3
Damage: 10
Set #: 60/60
Rarity: Common
Special Abilities:

·  Empathy - Allies with Savage within 6 squares lose Savage.

·  Grenades 10 - Replaces attacks: Range 6; 10 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11.

·  Melee Attack - Can attack only adjacent enemies.

Star Wars Miniatures: Varactyl Wrangler Strategy Tips
Keep this guy away from combat! Don't let his grenades fool you, this guy needs to be cowering behind a wall as he gives your Rancor the "Good monster, have a cookie!" treatment. Team him up with a strong commander to boost all your beasts and it's party time! Once all your monsters have been defeated, then have him start tossing his grenades. But, if you ever let him use his normal attack, you need to have your brain checked.

Star Wars Miniatures: Dark Trooper Phase II Fig Info
Figure: Dark Trooper Phase II
Faction: Imperial
Cost: 20
Hit Points: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: +7
Damage: 30
Set #: 48/60
Rarity: Uncommon
Special Abilities:

·  Droid - Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects.

·  Flight - Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects and pits when moving.

Star Wars Miniatures: Dark Trooper Phase II Strategy Tips
This great, big, stompy robot is the little bro to the Dark Trooper Phase III from the Star Wars Miniatures: Universe Huge expansion set. This robotic soldier is a solid warrior that does a pile of damage when it hits! The trick is that it's not a great shot and it's pretty easy to take down. To use these goons well, back 'em up with some el-cheapo troops who can provide cover and combine fire to make sure they blast your opponent's troops to bits.

More Exclusive Star Wars Previews to Come!
This is just the tip of the iceberg! We have more preview pics and info of the upcoming Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force expansion set, including a wee green dude and more.

Wizards thread with the stats for some new figs - read through the first page for all the stat details provided:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=632322&page=1&pp=30

The main points:

Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
HP:110
Def: 20
Atk: +14
Dmg:20
Cost: 35

Darth Nihilus
HP: 100
Def: 19
Atk: +12
Dmg: 20
Cost: 44

Republic Commando - Boss
HP: 30
Def: 17
Atk: +9
Dmg: 20
Cost: 19

Hoth Trooper with Atgar
HP: 80
Def: 8
Atk: +3
Dmg: 30
Cost: 15

Very impressed with Qui-Gon - He has 5 force with the following skills:
Adaptation (re-roll init) - 1 force
Force Spirit 6
Sweep
Master Speed

And another take:
Nihlus
Cost: 44
HP: 100 Def: 19 Atk: +12 Dam: 20
SA: Unique, Melee, Double (?)
Force 5, Drain Life (Force 1, range 6, 10 damage to target, remove 10 from Nihlus), Sith Hatred (Force ?, 10 damage to all enemies within 2 squares), Sith Hunger (Force ?, replaces attacks, range ?, 20 damage to target, remove 20 from Nihlus, steal a FP if target has one)

Quigon
Cost: 35
HP: 110 Def: 20 Atk: +14 Dam: 20
SA: Unique, Melee, Double (?)
Force 5, Force Spirit 6, Anticipation, Master Speed, LS Sweep

Republic Commando-Boss
Cost: 19
HP: 30 Def: 17 Atk: +9 Dam: 20
SA: Order 66 (?), Stealth, Mobile Atttack, Unique (?)
CE: Follower within 6 may make an immediate attack

Atgar Cannon
Cost: 15
HP: 80 Def: 8 Atk: +3 Dam: 30
SA: Heavy Weapon, (can't attack if less than 40 HP remain), (splash 10 damage for adjacents, save 10, if missed (including target), save 11 for adjacents if hit), Mounted Weapon (?)

The stuff with question marks is stuff I put in because they weren't mentioned. It is quite possible they won't have the stuff I added.
Personally, I am leaning toward Boss being a non-unique.
-----------------------------------------------
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!
Star Wars minis rule...1006 and counting!
BOYCOTT Rebelscum...SUPPORT JediDefender.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #554 on: May 4, 2006, 01:18 AM »
We keep up with the SW Minis news pretty well, I have actually posted some teasers of things to come beyond the CotF line in a newspost a while back that maybe you've not seen yet Soggybottomboy.

Basically, there's more huge on the way including a Snowspeeder and things...  I think it's in this thread.

Matt who was our hardcore Mini guru for a while is on a bit of a haiatus right now...  He's busy at home so he's not online as much working for JD but he's still a part of everything, just a lot less talkative.  If we're lucky he'll be back into this game soon to chat it up.

I personally don't collect the line hardcore.  I try army building, and there's some good news for people who army build too (wink wink), but due to my being poor, haha, I just can't collect the minis like I'd like to.  Hopefully you'll invigorate some life into this thread.  We need some more minis talk for certain.