Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144473 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #300 on: January 4, 2005, 12:54 AM »
So I'm short a Starter Set/$12, and am stuck with 2 booster cases that I probably don't want.  What an *******.   >:(

I've been thinking of getting into these.  Send me a PM if you're interested in getting rid of them - but no rush, I realize you've got more to deal with here first. 

I'm definitely still learning about them - how many packs per case?  $/case?  Is this gonna cost me my left nut?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #301 on: January 4, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Jesse -
There's a Starter Set with 2 exclusive Rare figures (and like 8 or so commons and uncommons) that retails for $20, but can usually be found for $12 - $15.  You'd need one of these for the 2 exclusives.

Then it's on to the Booster Packs (and a lot of 'em) for the rest of the collection, which each contain one Rare or Very Rare mini figure, and then 6 Commons and Uncommons.  These retail for $13, but can often be found for between $7 and $9 each.

I bought two cases of the Boosters, which come with 12 Booster packs in each one.  I got the cases (after much hassle with the aforementioned idiotic scam artist on eBay) for about $88 each (shipped), which is just a little over $7 per.

If you check those breakdowns that I posted as checklists a few pages back, you'll see just how many Rares and Very Rares there are that you'd need to get in order to complete your whole set.  No worries about the Commons and Uncommons, as you'll wind up with plenty of each of those after a handful of Booster packs.

Then there's the fun of doing a bunch of trading, of course, to polish off the remaining Rares and Very Rares.  With the first Rebel Storm set of minis, I managed to complete a whole set of all 60 figures with the Starter, and 21 Boosters.  Ran me about $200 total.

This time around, I'm in for about $188 for a Starter and 24 Boosters, which should be good enough to complete a set with the help of a little trading.  There's 60 different figures this time around as well.

Then it's onto the ROTS set in a few months, followed by a set of all "huges", like Banthas, Rancors, smaller vehicles, etc.  Fun little suckers they are.  Addictive, and kinda expensive if you're not too crafty on the trading boards.

Now if I could just decide what I want to do with mine.  Starting to lean towards keeping them now...   :-\

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 4, 2005, 03:31 AM »

Now if I could just decide what I want to do with mine.  Starting to lean towards keeping them now...   :-\

This is your conscience Matt, you will open your 2 cases.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #303 on: January 4, 2005, 07:25 AM »
So here's the final tally on my two cases...

Common figures (16):
  6.  Clone Trooper x6
  7.  Clone Trooper x6
  9.  Clone Trooper Grenadier x6
10.  Clone Trooper Sergeant x6
14.  Gungan Infantry x7
28.  Battle Droid (red) x7
29.  Battle Droid (white) x6
30.  Battle Droid (red) x6
41.  Geonosian Drone x6
46.  Security Battle Droid x6
49.  Aqualish Spy x6
51.  Devaronian Bounty Hunter x6
52.  Gran Raider x6
54.  Klatooinian Enforcer x7
55.  Nikto Soldier x5
58.  Weequay Mercenary x6

Uncommon figures (14):
  4.  ARC Trooper x2
  8.  Clone Trooper Commander x5
15.  Jedi Guardian x4
20.  Naboo Soldier x3
31.  Battle Droid Officer x3
34.  Dark Side Acolyte x3
42.  Geonosian Overseer x4
44.  Geonosian Soldier x4
47.  Super Battle Droid x3
48.  Super Battle Droid (arm out) x3
53.  Ishi Tib Scout x5
56.  Quarren Raider x3
57.  Rodian Mercenary x2
59.  Wookiee Commando x4

Rare figures (18):
  2.  Aerial Clone Trooper Captain x2
  5.  Captain Typho
11.  Agen Kolar
12.  General Kenobi
13.  Gungan Cavalry on Kaadu
16.  Ki-Adi-Mundi x2
17.  Kit Fisto x2
18.  Luminara Unduli x2
22.  Plo Koon
25.  Saesee Tiin x2
27.  Asajj Ventress
32.  Battle Droid on STAP x2
37.  Destroyer Droid
38.  Durge
39.  Dwarf Spider Droid x2
43.  Geonosian Picador on Orray
45.  Jango Fett
60.  Zam Wesell

Very Rare figures (12):
  1.  Aayla Secura
  3.  Anakin Skywalker
19.  Mace Windu
21.  Padmé Amidala
23.  Qui-Gon Jinn
24.  Quinlan Vos
26.  Yoda
33.  Count Dooku x2
35.  Darth Maul
36.  Darth Sidious
40.  General Grievous
50.  Aurra Sing

Not a bad start with my first case, getting 4 VRs all of which are pretty damned good - especially Yoda.  Looking forward to case #2 tomorrow!  8)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 02:53 PM by JediMAC »

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 4, 2005, 09:39 AM »
Nice to see you finally caved, though it didn't sound like you had much choice. Don't mind me if I hope you get some dups in your 2nd case so we can do some trading.  ;)  Here, I've even listed my trade list here to make it easy on you.  :P

HAVES
#5 - Captain Typho - R
#11 - Agen Kolar - R
#13 - Gungan Cavalry on Kaadu - R
#22 - Plo Koon - R
#24 - Quinlan Vos - VR
#27 - Asajj Ventress - R

WANTS
#1 - Aayla Secura - VR
#3 - Anakin Skywalker - VR
#21 - Padme Amidala - VR
#23 - Qui Gon Jinn - VR
#25 - Saesee Tinn - R
#39 - Dwarf Spider Droid - R
#40 - General Grievous - VR
#43 - Geonosian Picador on Orray - R
#50 - Aurra Sing - VR

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #305 on: January 4, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Thanks.  I'll fill you in on the rest tonight!

Jay, whatchya' got in the way of duplicate Rs and VRs?

Hang tight fellas, and we can start wheelin' and dealin' tomorrow, assuming I get any dups that is...  How cool would that be to get 24 completely unique figures?!   8)

(for me of course, as that doesn't help your efforts at all...  ;))
« Last Edit: January 4, 2005, 02:43 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #306 on: January 4, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Just scoped out the completed eBay auctions, and it looks like I managed to snag 3 of the 4 toughest (most expensive) VR's in my first case: Yoda, Sidious and Dooku.  Sweet.  Just have to nab a Maul in the other case, since he seems to be going for more than anyone right now.  This set's Boba Fett, basically.  Looks like you've done pretty well with your VRs too Jim!   8)

Hopefully for my last 4 VRs I pull a Maul, Mace, Grievous, and Aayla.  That'd still leave me short the Qui-Gonn, Aurra, Padme, and Quinlan.  That bites.  And Jim, your extra VR there (Vos) is the one I'm least interested in, unfortunately.

In fact, I just realized that the last time around, I was able to "cherry pick" all of the heavier VRs from a collecting shop, so I guess this time's gonna be a lot more challenging now that I think of it.  Not to mention, I got a couple Boba Fetts last time, so I was able to trade one of them for TWO of the VRs (and a Rare) that I still needed.  Man, this is gonna be tricky...   :-\

I dropped that NeoToys seller another line last night to let him know that he still owed me a Starter set, and I suggested he toss in a few extra (free) booster packs for my troubles.  Hopefully he's down with that idea...
« Last Edit: January 4, 2005, 02:46 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 4, 2005, 03:21 PM »

Jay, whatchya' got in the way of duplicate Rs and VRs?

All I have left is Typho and Vos.  I've been trading most of my extra rares from CS and RS on wizards for Jedi Guardians and Dark Side Acolytes.  I'm trying to build an army of them.  I'm going to F&S tomorrow to do some trading also, I'll see what I can get.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #308 on: January 4, 2005, 03:29 PM »
All I have left is Typho and Vos.

Well that's just bloody brilliant now, Jay!  Just had to have two (of the 6) that Jim happens to have extras of.  C'mon, where's the teamwork here guys?  We're all supposed to just get extras of what the other guys still need...

Guess that teaches me for being such an indecisive dumbass.  You guys should've yelled at me to get my ass in gear earlier!   >:(

:P

So are there any Rs or VRs that you still need Jay?  Or are you all caught up now?  I'll let you know how I do on the Jedi Guardians and Dark Side Acolytes when I go through the rest of the "crappy stuff"...   ;)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 4, 2005, 03:34 PM »
I'm sure I have several dups each of the Jedi Guardians and Dark Side Acolytes too, if you're interested.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 4, 2005, 06:10 PM »
I just finished my set today! Woohoo!  The Emperor Palpatine I needed from RS came today.  I have completed both, thank goodness.   Here's a list of extras I have:

RS:  Chewie, Han, Leia Senator, Tarkin, & Lando
CS:  Typho & Vos

That's it.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2005, 03:28 AM by JayDouble »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #311 on: January 5, 2005, 12:01 AM »
****.  Second case ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!  8 out of 12 duplicates (including 7 of the 8 Rares), and the two VRs I wanted least - Padme and Quinlan Vos (which of course is the one VR you both had an extra of).   :-\

You know what the chances are of getting 7 out of 8 identical Rares between two cases?  Astronomical.  I'l slightly pissed and very annoyed right now.  Time to start swapping, I guess...   :-\
« Last Edit: January 5, 2005, 12:11 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 5, 2005, 03:33 AM »
Not to add more rain Matt, but there are 2 minis that you don't have that are hard to get right now.  Maul and Destroyer Droid.  Boy do I wish I had extras of DD.  I've seen someone on wizards trade a Padme and a combo of 10 ucs & cs for it.  Crazy if you ask me.  The thing you and Jim might want to do is combine your extras to get your needs.  Also I've seen the trading for RS minis increase lately, so if you guys have extra that will help also.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 6, 2005, 11:54 PM »
I got two Captain Typhos in the same pack.. now thats just a mega suck...

BTW i sent you an e-mail matt, I saw your listing at WOTC.

and as far as getting extras of whatever everybody needs I had a ton of them, traded most but still have some. here's my listing if you're interested.
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=357007

And damn yeah those Destroyer droids, I listed one for trade, and had about 12 offers in an hour, no joke. Ended up tossing it for a Durge and several clonetroopers. which I've yet to get in the mail..

hmm, to cover the lack of gameplay talk, I actually did a cross era battle, Empire still reigns supreme against the republic and it's jedi.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #314 on: January 7, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Got your e-mail Andy.  I'll try to get back to you on that tonight.  Got about 30 trade offers on stuff, so I'm trying to sort through everything right now, but don't have much time.

As for the SDCC Promo Stormtrooper, it's just the same as the RS Elite Stormie, just different text on the bottom of the base, saying something about it being Promo #2 from SDCC.

Talk soon...

Jim, did you still need an RS Rares?  I might pull one from a trade if you need it, and pass it along to you for another of yours that I need.  So LMK!