Author Topic: MLB 2006  (Read 43395 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2006
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Uh Oh!!!!

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2006, 08:59 AM »
Yep, Barrett comes through with the sucker punch!  Oh well, at least it fired up my lowly Cubs the next day.  As if any more wood needed to thrown on the fire for that rivalry. 

Oh by the way.  Wood starts one game....to sore to pitch his next came.  Sigh...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Who knows what you're going to get with Wang.  I really don't know.

How 'bout batting practice? The way it looked yesterday anyway. Yanks were schooled yesterday.

Saw an interesting article that pointed out how A. Rod likes to go AWOL in the playoffs for the yanks...found it amusing ..and interesting. Thankfully all that money can't always buy a championship :P

Signed a Yankees hater

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Who knows what you're going to get with Wang.  I really don't know.

Thankfully all that money can't always buy a championship :P

Yes but it can 26 times.

For the record, please state your team.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2006, 03:30 PM »
NHL-sharks
NBA-kings
NFL-49ers
MLB-Giants
WNBA-Monarchs 

I could add the solano steelheads and the Sacramento river cats in here but, would folks know what I was talking about?

I'm a underdog favoring, cursed team type of fan.
Well, actually I am a Northern Cally sports team fan...and, it just so happens that those teams just don't generate the kind of revenue(see LA or SOCAL) that other areas do-which translates to coming close but just not it.

We lucked out and won something last year (Monarchs). Well, I can barely remember when the 49ers won last but I've been a northern Cally fan of sports for 26 years now. Unfortunately, I live in SOCAL now >:(.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2006, 08:19 PM »
Dumbass of the night:

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I missed that...did the joker run on the field in the SD/ATL game? Was it on Sportscenter?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 01:28 AM »
We had a yutz jump on the field in Friday's Royals/Cardinals game.  Assclown with a mohawk.  He got tackled *immediately* by the ball boy in left field and the kid held him down until security got there a few seconds later.  Freakin' hilarious.  :)

John

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 02:13 AM »
I missed that...did the joker run on the field in the SD/ATL game? Was it on Sportscenter?

Networks don't show fans running on the field so ESPN wouldn't have video.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Man, I didn't think Pujols would keep up his fantastic start, but it sure looks like he's already the clear MVP choice in the NL (and it's not even June).

45 Games
48 Runs
51 Hits
23 HRs
57 RBI
37 BBs
12 Ks
.323 Average
.804 Slugging %

I heard on the radio this morning that he is on pace for 80 HRs and only 45 Ks if he keeps it up...  :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2006, 04:29 PM »
I'd say unless he gets hurt he's a lock for the MVP nod.

Jim Thome is probably the current frontrunner in the AL, but less of a lock than Pujols for sure:

.304  18 HR  44 RBI  41 R
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 04:31 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Quote from: Jeff link=topic=12039.msg229488#msg229488
I heard on the radio this morning that he is on pace for 80 HRs and only 45 Ks if he keeps it up...  :o
[quote

It sounds nice but somehow I don't think he will get as many chances to rip 'em as the season wears on. What he's done so far has amazed me but look at all his walks so far-I see him getting the 'Bonds treatment' alot more often midway through the season. I guess what I'm impressed with the most is the low number of strikeouts- I could see him reaching a 'low' record there.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Obviously it's way too early to predict this, but I think Pujols has a real nice chance at challenging the single season HR record this year.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Wow, I almost fainted when I heard that the Cubbies finally won a game...maybe this will restore my fading hope I had in them.

::)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #74 on: June 2, 2006, 12:09 PM »
A few comments:

1)  Hooray!  Allard Baird is gone!  I feel bad saying that, because I feel his heart was really into the Royals organization.  I just don't think he has what it takes to be a successful GM.  Too many questionable moves, not quite the eye for talent that the Royals need.  Not that it's solely his fault that the Royals have sucked - it goes from the top (please sell, Mr. Glass) to the bottom.  I feel better about the future now though.  I do wonder if Buddy Bell is next on the axe list once Moore starts as the GM.  I think he has the hard-ass mentality the Royals need from a manager but he's never proven himself to be a winning manager.

2)  The All-Star balloting system is worthless.  I have said that in the past, and I will continue to say so.  Jim Edmonds on top as an All-Star right now?  Pfft.  I still think the weight of the balloting needs to be split among media, players, and the public.  Then again the powers that be gave the AL Rookie of the Year to a guy that hit .237 with 140 Ks and 19 errors a couple of years ago.

3)  Roger Clemens.  *yawn*  Please, just stay in retirement.  Coming out of retirement - again - to weasel $22M out of the Astr...er...help the Astros win the division.

4)  Have there been more injuries this year, or is it just that there is a god and he hates my fantasy baseball team?  I lost Derrick Lee and Contreras earlier, not to mention (literally) a good 8-10 other players.  Now Kent goes down.  It just seems there are a lot of people getting hurt, particularly big-name players.

John