Author Topic: MLB 2006  (Read 43264 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2006
« Reply #90 on: July 4, 2006, 11:28 PM »

White Sox 8, Texas 4
White Sox 12, Cincinatti 4
White Sox 8, Cincinatti 6
White Sox 8, Cincinatti 1
White Sox 20, St. Louis 6
White Sox 13, St. Louis 5

I'm too tired to check this second, but I have a hunch the Sox may have scored more in this 6 game stretch than the Houston Texans did in any 6 game stretch last season.  I dunno, but it's close.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 6, 2006, 12:00 PM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 6, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Thank God someone's finally willing to set personal gain aside and do what's best for the league!   :-X

Although if half of what he says is true - then my sarcasm would be misplaced...
« Last Edit: July 6, 2006, 01:23 PM by Rob »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 6, 2006, 01:26 PM »
 ::) yet another attention demanding book. Why do I draw the similarities between a certain Korean president and Canseco?

All the first book did was cause a witchhunt. I'll bet alot are scoffing at this attention demanding 'threat'. I'm sure they're all trembling over the fallout :P.

'I'm gonna telll, I'm gonna telllllll'...... ::), please

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 6, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Although if half of what he says is true - then my sarcasm would be misplaced...

EVEN if what he said were true ..this guy is still crying ...look at me, look at me ..or
'It started with me and it will end with me'(egotistical much?). Did he just not get enough attention as a baby?

This whether true or not is ONLY for self-promotion( IMO sickening)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 6, 2006, 02:38 PM »
::) yet another attention demanding book. Why do I draw the similarities between a certain Korean president and Canseco?

All the first book did was cause a witchhunt. I'll bet alot are scoffing at this attention demanding 'threat'. I'm sure they're all trembling over the fallout :P.

'I'm gonna telll, I'm gonna telllllll'...... ::), please

Like I said, if there's something to tell, then it's a good goddamn thing that someone's got the guts to do that.  Even if that someone is a showboating maroon.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 6, 2006, 02:48 PM »
I wouldn't exactly say he has guts....he knows he's not well liked so I'm sure it's more that he knows his likeability can't get any worse and there's a slim chance folks will thank him for doing it..which will bolster his ego and he'll feel important in some way.

Agree with the Maroon comment I do ;D. Has anyone else seen his TV interviews? I find them sadistically hillarious.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2006, 02:51 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 6, 2006, 03:01 PM »
In his first game he playd in that other league, he was drilled in the back with a fastball.

And that should happen every time he steps to the plate.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 6, 2006, 03:50 PM »
In his first game he playd in that other league, he was drilled in the back with a fastball.

And that should happen every time he steps to the plate.

A true martyr for the sport, willing to take this kind of punishment in the name of fairness and justice.

It's rare that you see this kind of passion for the game.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 6, 2006, 05:22 PM »
The fact anyone listens to this guy anymore is beyond me. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 7, 2006, 12:22 PM »
Well, I would never buy his book but, I find his TV interviews entertaining.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 7, 2006, 12:47 PM »
The fact anyone listens to this guy anymore is beyond me. 

I do not think he is lying.  He really did a number on Rafael Palmeiro, and Canseco was right, Palmeiro did perjure himself before Congress.

It's the backstabbing and doing it for the money that is what's on my nerves.  He was irresponsible with his money the whole time he was earning big bucks in the majors, he was arrested for assault, pulled over and charged with illegal handgun possession, used steroids, has been in all kinds of trouble, had to sell his AL MVP ring for the money, and now is stabbing his peers in the back for cash.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2006, 02:54 PM »
National League was ONE STRIKE away! One Strike! And we had one of the best closers in the game pitching! And now it's an entire decaded since we've won.  :(
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2006, 03:20 PM »
And now it's an entire decaded since we've won.  :(

I don't recall voting for a Roton7, nor do I recall seeing him play last night.  ???

The All Star game is a crock of ****.  There should be no way in hell that the winning league gets home field advantage - the team with the best record at the end of the season should get home field throughout.  It shouldn't be decided by a glorified exhibition game.

And this "every team needs a representative" is crap too.  I'm sure everyone was jizzing in their pants when Mark Redmond was selected.

And now Selig proposes that the All Star pitchers not pitch on the Sunday before the game?  It's just one brilliant idea after another from that ******bag.  ::) 

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2006, 04:39 PM »
I'm afraid I'd agree with Mikey there. 

Best record, end of argument. 

As for not pitching before the game on Sunday, yeesh, since when does part of the regular season get trumped by an all star game?  It could be the one game that makes the difference between playoffs and vacation time.  This isn't the NHL, not that many teams make the playoffs. 

I understand the every team needs a rep mentality, but it is indeed crap.  Why should some deserving guy be left off because there's three other all-stars on his team and not one on another?  You can't artificially introduce parity.  Sheesh, what's next, not cutting kids from teams?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.