Author Topic: Terrible Previously Released Figures  (Read 17575 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Hey, I actually want a 500th/Hoth/Tatooine Vader.

PM me.  I have extras and I'd be more than happy to cut you a deal!!

As you know, I loathe this figure!

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Previously Released Figures
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 04:27 PM »
No pic of R5-D4?

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 05:20 PM »
How could I forget?!

Good ol' R4 was innovative- he was ahead of his time, he should've been a Saga Deluxe figure. He could come with Buff Luke who could've had a hacking arm when you squeeze his legs together. All it needs is a crappy headsculpt to be a complete set. ;)

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Heeeeelllllloooo?

Constipation, much?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 07:54 PM by Word_Weaver »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 01:47 AM »
That Mace is a good example Weaver...  So's R5. 

This line's put out a WHOLE lotta crap in its decade + on the market.  Completists can weep at the thoughts of what they bought. :)

I'd almost forgotten that attrocious Saga Hoth Rebel Trooper too...  Somehow worse than the POTF2 figures.  Amazing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 02:14 AM »
Completists can weep at the thoughts of what they bought. :)

Can I ever. Like, say, wave 1 of the Episode I Accessory Packs? I actually HUNTED, as in drove around to more than one store looking for, the Sith Accessory pack. Ah, to be young and dumb and have gas at less than a buck a gallon.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 09:24 AM »
That's what I love about this site. Ya get off topic, and they can make a new topic from the OT posts. :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 11:26 AM »
That's what I love about this site. Ya get off topic, and they can make a new topic from the OT posts. :D

Exactly.  ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 11:45 AM »
how about this Stud...

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Need you all remind me of all the wasted money I've spent :-\  It took about 9 years to break the completeist habit.  Still tempted by those beaten Mon Mothma ROTS figures though, if only they'd reduce the price.  Nah, she'll come out in a box set with a senate pod at some point.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 10:26 PM »
anything with less than super articulation is crap in my book! ;D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 10:38 PM »
LMAO!!

This is a great topic!  Let's not forget the POTF2 Lando, heh.  Well hell, let's go ahead and say AT LEAST the first sixteen POTF2 are definitely all candidates!

:D
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 03:51 AM »
Some of it I try to gauge by the standards set by the period...  So to that extent, POTF2 isn't as brutal to tear apart for me...  But yeah, it sucks to look back at some of what I've bought and really looked hard for at times.

E1's full of dismal failures...  POTF2 as well, but at the time I really was impressed with a lot of it.  E1 though was so-so.  I remember at the time thinking, "Man, they can do better than this...  It's the first new movie year for god's sake!".  I just felt let down at the time...

POTJ's opening couple waves really were more of the same from E1 too...  Yet E1/1999 went out great with the last of the commtech figures which were HOT.  The Stormie was great for its time, and it really stands up even today as "alright" even against the VOTC figure.  Sure the VOTC is miles better, but as the filler for the legion, the CT sculpt is pretty decent and abundant.

For me, my worst time collecting was 2002 as far as the ratio of crap to quality...  2002's opening onslaught of Saga figures was my worst nightmare.  Action features galore, and pre-posed non-articulated sculpts.

The blast effects were cool, but sculpts were iffy, poses sucked, articulation was non-existant most of that year, and really it was just a dismal failure of a line for not just the fans, but also Hasbro took major hits that year in Star Wars.  I was so happy we got all the apology Jedi in 2005...  Little bummed no Barriss Offee, that's all.

2002 is filled with shite product to me though...  If I was gonna seriously sit down and list what I viewed as crap, a WHOLE lot of the first Saga line would be in my top spots.  POTF2 is what it is, and at the time a lot of it was great (Nein Numb was cool to me, but he obviously blows today, or Garindan was nice then, crap now).  Saga though had a precedent that was ABOVE what it delivered...  We went from POTJ going out on an overall GREAT note, to the preview wave...  To pre-posed AND action-feature-laden figures...  It just got worse and worse.  I don't think Saga improved really till around even the Outlander Wave...  That was a whole lotta suckin' going on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2006, 12:11 PM »
I could not agree more.

POTF2 was good for its time and brought SW back from the grave.
- R5, Emporers Royal salt shakers, Death star Trooper & Ugnaughts take the prize from me as biggest losers of this series -

EP1 stepped up the deco ops on all the figures and started trickling in some new jedi articulation. Vehicles were nice.
-  Boss Nass, Amidala grapple2 take the prize from me as biggest losers of this series -

POTJ really is still one of the nicest collections. Some of its sculpts still hold up really well (Tessek, Boss Nass, Duros)
Cheiwe Derrik champion(Great accessorie), Fode/Beed, & take the prize from me as biggest losers of this series

EP2 was a major set back. This was the only time since 91' I took a break from the line.  The figures really blew more than a neighborhood hooker.
Too many losers to list

Clone Wars was the major turnaround to bring collectors and kids back. Articulation really took off with the ball jointed heads and shoulders. Great vehicles and SW army building got its momentum here.
If I had to pic I would say the Arc trooper just too static!

Saga's second half really turned things around and brought me back in 100%
Luke Fianl duel, Darth Final Duel & all action features

OTC - Great line even had great repaints! Loved the whole line.
Liked them all.

Sith was by far incredible! Articulation hit an all time high.
all Anakin(except evo), all OBi's (Except pilot), Palpatine, destoyer droid are the losers for me.

Saga2 is really good but I think Hasbro took a step back with the hologram and custom autographed stands. They lessesned articulation and the price is higher. My thought put the holo & stand back into the figure.
Han carbonite, Derlin, Sora, Veers, Scorch all should have had bendable kness. Sora ankles but not his knees please switch.
Overall its still good, VSC is really bitch'n.
So far the biggest loser for me is rehashed 500th Vader. His helmet pops off to easily!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Attack Of The 50 Foot Gungan:

Saturday Night Lobot:

...And His Dance Partner, Lando "Big Pimpin" Calrissian:

Walter "Saltshaker" McGee was often teased in middle school for his lack of articulation and for standing too still: