Author Topic: SAGA Stands - Print Removal?  (Read 6009 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
SAGA Stands - Print Removal?
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Has anyone had any luck removing the names on the stands?  They look to be laser etched which would make it a bit tricky.  If anyone has any advice please let me know.  Thanks!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: SAGA Stands - Print Removal?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:57 AM »
The text is just printed on with silver ink. You should just be able to use Goof Off, Acetone (polish remover) or a exato blade with light pressure.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Sander or Dremel would probably work  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Jaybird has your back on this one Jim...

Goof-Off is REALLY strong graffitti/paint remover.  Comes in an aerosol can, probably can get it most anywhere I'd guess (WM, Lowes, etc.).  I keep a can handy for paint removal at all times but use it sparingly as it WILL roughen plastic.  Spray a little on a tightly folded papertowl piece so you get sharp corners...  Rub with the corners and it'll come right off.

I've been doing similar things to make generic display stands...  Probably have a ton I'd sell if anyone's interested, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Thanks guys.  I have a ton of these and plan to do what Jesse is doing. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:19 AM »
This sounds like a fantastic Idea.  I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 of these and was thinking that if I could gather the 103 or 108 or whatever it is, they'd be great for a vintage set up.

My original plan had just been to flip them around so the print was facing the other way - but if it can be removed with goof-off, that's even better.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Just beware that goof-off melts plastic...  You'll notice the stand getting sticky if you rub too much...  You want to be careful JUST to remove the lettering.  Use a Q-Tip as a tool to remove it, or like I said a carefully wadded (Like make a tight paper football for instance) paper towel in a triangle with sharp points.  You art guys know what I'm talking about more or less.

Goof off's like a Jedi's feelings for another...  It serves you well, but can be used to do harm.  It eats styrene for breakfast (IE: Rigid plastic like on Star Wars figure torsoes).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77