Author Topic: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper  (Read 87539 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2006, 02:01 PM »
I like it. Not enough to army build them, but I'll be happy with one to keep MOC and if possible a second one to open.

The Shadow Stormtrooper on the other hand - 6 man squad here I come!

I almost view this piece as akin to the Celebration III Vader.

Deep down, I'm not thrilled about stuff that is meant to be exclusive to a specific event as not everyone can travel and I personally don't feel like I should have to travel all over the US or internationally to get a complete collection of a toy line. So I'll resort to either (a) an assist from someone here; (b) an online site that MIGHT have them after SDCC or worst case (c) eBay.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm underwhelmed by this... a plain stormtrooper with an imperial logo on his chest and a flag.  Nice packaging, though.  I don't remember seeing any flags in the movies, much less with English words on them.  Although, I guess it's probably okay to have a so-so exclusive for these types of things because it's difficult for people to get without going to the convention.

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Well I guess everyone has done their homework and know by now that it seems this figure is not a joke (although the price is, lol) and the Shadow Stormtrooper will NOT be at SDCC.

I hate the pricing too, but since HasBLO keeps starving us, we keep buying.  So, I'm wanting a couple of these myself.

Does anyone have any information as to whether or not this figure will make it to an online seller (most likely StarWarsShop.com)??

I'd prefer not to miss out on this piece.  :)
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline kesselrunking

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2006, 06:02 PM »
According to the info on this one, the insert card is removable so that 501st legion dudes can put their own card in there to have their "own" action figure.

Since I'm not a member of the 501st legion, I think I'll stick a different card in there... 

I've always wanted a "Ryne Sandberg in Stormtrooper Disguise" figure, now that dream can be realized...  :D

DAMN! That is funny!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Have to admit, I'm digging the pacakging. I don't why, but I really like the decal and am much more excited about this one than the Shadowtrooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2006, 07:19 PM »
I can do without this one.  Even though I promised to buy ANY incarnation of the VOTC Stormie mold, I am out on this one.

Gotta Hand it to the 501st, somebody without a Retail or Online shop got an exclusive made.  My hat (bucket) is off to them.

Now if we could get an ICMG re-enacting group together........

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2006, 10:47 PM »
I don't see why there's all the hype for this guy. He has a good sclupt, woohoo, no one went crazy over Gree for having the SA sculpt. Oh my!! look!! they stamped on a itty bitty teeny weeny 501st legion emblem!! cool!!!

::)

I respect everyone's opinion on this figure, but to me its another one of Hasbro's horrible schemes to gain rule over the galaxy.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2006, 08:02 AM »
For me, the figure is nothing special. I just like the flag it comes with, I think its cool becuase it's something different.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I kind of like this figure, and it would be nice to be able to just get one to add to the collection.  If someone is able to help me out, or if they are offered online, I'll gladly get one - but I don't need an army of them.  I kind of like the packaging too, even though I open up pretty much everything.  It does look nice.  Now just release that Stormtrooper sculpt in the basic line Hasbro :P.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2006, 06:45 PM »
I really want this guy just for the VOTC Stormie. The flag's cool, but it just doesn't seem SW-ish.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2006, 09:14 PM »
I really want this guy just for the VOTC Stormie. The flag's cool, but it just doesn't seem SW-ish.

While you're very right, it still works for me. I donno. I usually hate anything EU made in plasitic (like the Shadow Stormtrooper,) but there's just something about this that is so cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2006, 09:18 PM »
I'll pass on this. Now that spiffy EU Shadow Stormie on the other hand...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2006, 09:19 PM »
I'll pass on this. Now that spiffy EU Shadow Stormie on the other hand...

I'm skipping both of these. Too much money to too little interest ratio. :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2006, 02:39 AM »
I don't see why there's all the hype for this guy. He has a good sclupt, woohoo, no one went crazy over Gree for having the SA sculpt. Oh my!! look!! they stamped on a itty bitty teeny weeny 501st legion emblem!! cool!!

Well, nobody went crazy over Gree because, the SA sculpt is awesome...  for an SA Trooper, but for Gree the SA sculpt just sucked.  It wasn't accurate to his character, lacking the leg holster(s), the "suspenders", etc... 

For the 501st Exclusive Trooper...  Eh, I don't know.  I'm stoked that they did use the SA sculpt since it surpasses all others.  This is just a Stormtrooper with some "flare" so I'm glad for the sculpt in that regard...  It's the best sculpt for the job, but the price will kill the figure from being affordable, and the exclusive label will hurt how available it is I'd assume.

The 501st them is a "fan wank" as they say, and nothing more...  I love the banner for reasons already stated.  I've seen custom banners like that for SW figures and I think they're a great touch of earth history to Star Wars life...  The 501st logo on the chest is cool, all part of the "fan wank" again, but I agree it should be in aurabesh, not English.

It's a cool figure...  It's not a cool army builder at its (inevitable) inflated price.  I still wish I had the ability to get one of these for every 10 Stormtroopers I have...  They're the perfect front line to a Stormtrooper army display.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2006, 06:25 PM »
I'd like one so if anyone here goes and gets an extra and if the price is not too astronimical, I'd pay ya for it.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"