Author Topic: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper  (Read 87372 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2006 SDCC Exclusive 501st Legion Stormtrooper?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2006, 01:37 AM »
I for one am boycotting this figure.
I met 10 501's in the flesh and they are all ********! The are also scalpers who work at Walmart & Target as stock boys. (100% confirmation they buy cases before they hit the floor to help out the other 501's or sell them on ebay. And the best part these fucknuts get a suck off from Hasbro. The figure is lame with the Vaders fist logo and flag.

I am all for helping people but darth Vader is not the symbol of charity. Vaders fist...dumb. He killed kids not helped Ronald McDonald house.

How about re-relaesing the real plain white stromtrooper instead.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2006, 08:32 AM »
I for one am boycotting this figure.
I met 10 501's in the flesh and they are all ********! The are also scalpers who work at Walmart & Target as stock boys. (100% confirmation they buy cases before they hit the floor to help out the other 501's or sell them on ebay. And the best part these fucknuts get a suck off from Hasbro. The figure is lame with the Vaders fist logo and flag.

I am all for helping people but darth Vader is not the symbol of charity. Vaders fist...dumb. He killed kids not helped Ronald McDonald house.

How about re-relaesing the real plain white stromtrooper instead.

You of course are kidding?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Was someone driking some moonshine last night?
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2006, 10:41 AM »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Nah, I was not drinking last night, had too many bad run ins with 501's  at Walmart & Target. Dorks with attitudes. I am sure there are mostly good guys but life is based on personal experiences. So screw this waste of plastic.

No Kevin I am not kidding. I am serious when I say I am boycotting this figure. I think it a waste of tooling dollars on the flag stand and base.

Here is a short list of better exclusives using the tooling money they spent on the stand to make a worthwhile figure:

Ghost of Yoda using the OTC Yoda (To match the OTC Obi
Darth Vader Hologram POTF commtech vader with plastic cape from another Vader
New Biggs Darklighter head with Dutch Body
Saga Rebel Fleet trooper with new head sculpt
Saga Imerial Officer with new head sculpt
Unique painted R2 unit with Naboo ship charger stand.

Ya know, something that actually can compliment and truly fit with the continuity of the line. (Creating everything from the films)

Just my opinion. Yes I did go a little overboard on a rant. Ment no harm.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2006, 11:57 AM »
EDIT: Thanks to Kev for more info about the organization... my mistake for thinking it was a Collectors Club.

Still passing though.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 01:38 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2006, 01:32 PM »
The 501st is a charity organizaton.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2006, 07:50 PM »

Ah, the good old Midwest Garrison strikes again. ::) I've spend a lot of time up in Chicago and yes, there are a lot of a**holes there just like there are any other major city. A vast majority of the ones I met were not in the 501st or for that matter, fans of Star Wars or anything else related to Sci-Fi or Fantasy. Some Cubs fans, White Sox fans, Bears fans maybe but not Sci-Fi/Fantasy fans. ;) At any rate, the fact that a couple of them are members of the 501st is not surprising since the group, like any other group of people, is a microcosm of the people and places in which they are formed. I sorry you don't like the figure or people in the 501st. Heck, I myself tend to dislike most of humanity in general because of all the frelling a**holes I met in nearly fourty years of life. Nevertheless, I still try, and sometimes fail, to take everyone as an individual and not groups in which they belong.

Heck, even the best of families have their blacksheep. ;)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 1, 2006, 11:37 AM »
So is it confirmed that this figure will NOT be available online?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: May 1, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Most every other convention exclusive for the past few years has ened up on-line at some point, so I'd guess that this one will too.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: May 1, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Nah, I was not drinking last night, had too many bad run ins with 501's at Walmart & Target. Dorks with attitudes. I am sure there are mostly good guys but life is based on personal experiences. So screw this waste of plastic.

No Kevin I am not kidding. I am serious when I say I am boycotting this figure. I think it a waste of tooling dollars on the flag stand and base.

Here is a short list of better exclusives using the tooling money they spent on the stand to make a worthwhile figure:

Ghost of Yoda using the OTC Yoda (To match the OTC Obi
Darth Vader Hologram POTF commtech vader with plastic cape from another Vader
New Biggs Darklighter head with Dutch Body
Saga Rebel Fleet trooper with new head sculpt
Saga Imerial Officer with new head sculpt
Unique painted R2 unit with Naboo ship charger stand.

Ya know, something that actually can compliment and truly fit with the continuity of the line. (Creating everything from the films)

Just my opinion. Yes I did go a little overboard on a rant. Ment no harm.

My opinion. Those are very bad exclusives, with the exception of Vader. They would all make great basic figures, but as an exclusive they are horrible. Exclusives need to be nothing more repaints and rehashes if they are going to be offered for $15. They are hard for a lot of people to get and it is much better to have a figure out that most people don't want as a basic figure. Personally I don't mind exclusives like the Target lava Obi-Wan and Anakins, it saves me $30, and I don't miss anything really special. If that had been two of the ones on your list however I'd still save $30 but I'd miss out on two figures I wanted, Or I would have spent $20 more than I should have on two figures.

I still think I may get one of these, I've had nothing but good run ins with the 501st, especially at CIII. Stormtroopers directing traffic was on of the funniest things I've ever seen. :)
"This is the way."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #71 on: May 1, 2006, 09:18 PM »

My opinion. Those are very bad exclusives, with the exception of Vader. They would all make great basic figures, but as an exclusive they are horrible. Exclusives need to be nothing more repaints and rehashes if they are going to be offered for $15. They are hard for a lot of people to get and it is much better to have a figure out that most people don't want as a basic figure. Personally I don't mind exclusives like the Target lava Obi-Wan and Anakins, it saves me $30, and I don't miss anything really special. If that had been two of the ones on your list however I'd still save $30 but I'd miss out on two figures I wanted, Or I would have spent $20 more than I should have on two figures.

I still think I may get one of these, I've had nothing but good run ins with the 501st, especially at CIII. Stormtroopers directing traffic was on of the funniest things I've ever seen. :)

I do no totally disagree with you. I did not say they were the best exclusives, just better than that 501st. (I can think of better new mold exclusives, namingly some certain Ice Cream weilding idividual I would love as an exclusive)
Using exsisting molds is what I threw out above. I agree sometimes its actually nice to pass on exclusives like Lava Obi.
It a real pain in the ass to make multiple trips to Target right now.

Now if that was an army building pack of the VOTC stormtrooper that would kick major ass as an exclusive! :D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #72 on: May 1, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Nah, I was not drinking last night, had too many bad run ins with 501's  at Walmart & Target. Dorks with attitudes. I am sure there are mostly good guys but life is based on personal experiences. So screw this waste of plastic.

DarthAcroyear,
Read my reply a couple of replies obove your post. I said I am sure they are mostly good guys.
(I got a laugh at how you despise the majority of humanity. )
Nice Farscape lingo too. Its sucks that show is gone, great Sci-Fi.

In my 29 years I have learned there is always some hints of truth behind every stereotype, good or bad. So until a Chicagoland 501st proves me wrong I am sticking by my first post on this thread.
But, yes bad apples exist in every group.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2006, 05:36 PM »
Everyone loves new pics, right?  Then clicky the thumbnail below for new pics!   ;)

Thanks to forum member Mark X for the photos!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2006, 07:04 PM »
The rational side of me say's; Big deal. A decal and a flag. The Smithers in me says; but she has a new hat!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."