Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81573 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2006, 02:33 PM »
Donno why, but I forgot that R5 had a pop up motivator, so when I saw it when I opened him, I got excited all over again.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Nice to see that this wave looks like it won't be hard to find. I am resisting the urge and just hoping that EE comes through with my case!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2006, 02:11 AM »
Found these today at 3 Targets in Kansas City!!!

Awesome, guess I need to hit some targets in STL tomorrow if I have a chance!

:)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 30, 2006, 11:47 AM »
scored big time on these over the weekend.  went to wal-mart, one that through most of ROTS had sqaut so i had virtually stopped going there, scored 1 luke, 2 Hem's, 2 Garidan's, 2 Firefighters.  There all on layaway of course cause it was like $50 at Wally's higher prices.  there were plenty of hem's, garidan's, luke's, & of course han's left over.
no R5's, Mowma's, or Sandies to be seen.   
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 30, 2006, 10:00 PM »
I saw a Sandtrooper today, but another collector beat me to it. He had at least 15 figures I'd say in his cart.  I tried looking in his cart to see what he had and think there was a Hammerhead in there and I saw a couple more Garindans and Hem Dazons and a Han Solo... didnt' see an R5 or Luke though.  He had tons of the Great Hits Clones too.

I was lucky to get a Hem Dazon and a Garidan, opened them both and was really happy.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Aren't they great? Those are the 2 I got. I am very satisfied with Garindan. My one and only problem with Hem Dazon is that his swivel elbow joints really make it to where you can't put him in a good pose. I don't know why he's the only I've felt this way with, But I would have rather they gave him ball joint elbows.

Garindan is just perfect. It's my favorite TSC figure (I'm not counting the VTSC) thus far.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I agree, Garindan rocks.  One of my favorite figures in a while.  If he had articulated knees, he's be perfect.  But still he's one hell of a figure!  Hem is nice too, but I think Garindan is better.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2006, 09:17 AM »

I like that they re-used Tessek's gun.  I don't mind pistol re-uses like that and that's a gun we haven't seen again since Tessek I believe. 

Actually, Tessek's gun is different...

Although is does look similar. I think Garindan's is all new.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 09:19 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Garindan's is all new.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

SilverZ

« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2006, 06:57 PM »
So has anyone else found the Sandtrooper's backpack to be prone to dropping off if a faint breeze hits it, or is it just mine? I can't keep that thing on for the life of me.

I might have been too harsh on this figure being called a disappointment, I suppose. I just wish that he had the appropriate utility belt.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Is the back pack all new? Does it still have a slot to hold a blaster and perhaps the monocular?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Found this wave today!  Very pleased, but forgot all about the Sandtrooper which seems to have been picked out of the wave.  Strangely, there weren't any Hans to be found.  I didn't get the Luke, although I think he looked great in the package.  It's just that I have a cloak on another Luke, and this one's headsculpt looks nice but not particularly like Hamill.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #357 on: June 1, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Ah yes, that is a new gun...  However there is a pre-existing sculpt of it that MIGHT be larger...  I don't think it's the same size...  Anyone know where that pistol is from originally? :)  You get absolutely nothing for the right answer except the knowledge you're as nerdy as I am... 

Definitely a different gun though, my mistake. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 1, 2006, 09:29 AM »
NFC just added pre-orders for this wave, but said they're expecting to get shafted somewhat by Hasbro. ???

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #359 on: June 1, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Ah yes, that is a new gun...  However there is a pre-existing sculpt of it that MIGHT be larger...  I don't think it's the same size...  Anyone know where that pistol is from originally? :)  You get absolutely nothing for the right answer except the knowledge you're as nerdy as I am... 

Definitely a different gun though, my mistake. 

Naboo Accessory Set?
« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 09:37 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird