Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81574 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I do realize that the R5D2 isn't an accurate version of R5D4... I guess for whatever reason, R5D4 just isn't too important of a character to me, and I'm just happy with the Star Tours one.  Kinda weird I guess... but I love that figure.

:P

Don't get me wrong, R5-D2 is a pretty cool little figure, and I wouldn't mind gettin one myself, but he's different enough from D4 for me to tell the difference. And R5-D4 not an important character? Despite his few seconds of screen time, R5-D4 is probably one of the most pivitol characters in the SW Universe. Were it not for that bad motivator, he'd have been purchased by Luke and Owen. R2 ould be loaded back onto the sandcrawler and captured by the Imperials, causing the rebels to never recieve the secret plans, ushering in a new reign of terror for the empire with thier indestructable new weapon. Luke never would have run into Obi Wan, who in turn would never run into Solo and Chewbacca, who would never end up in the death star to rescue Leia, who would be killed by the empire. But because of the noble R5-D4, blowing his own motivator to keep R2 and 3PO together, the galaxy was saved. R5 should have been at the end of Jedi in spirit form instead of Anakin. I guess the point I'm trying to make is R5-D4 deserves a well done, accuratley sculpted figure.

As for the Luke/Han repacks, I understand the reasoning behind them, and if it were VOTC versions instead of somthing more outdated then I'm all for it. It'd be even better if they included some cool assesory to persuade those of us who already have one to get another. Like maybe a cantina table. I'd buy ten Cantina Hans if he came with a cantina table.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2005, 08:32 AM »
'Scum has another "411", this time on the Tatooine wave. Check it out here.

Were gettin' another Holiday Special figure Yay!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 08:33 AM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Another "I kinda' figured that out on my own" 411.  You think they'd be able to identify which sculpts the repacks use, or which deco the Clone in the Coruscant wave is, if they really had the dirt.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Yeah, I can hear it now. “Don’t you mean Hem Dazon?” Nope. Hem is the strange creature with the triangular head that introduced us all to the hive of scum and villainy known as the Creature Cantina. After a looooooong search, it turns out Dem is an actual character too. He’s the strange creature with the triangular head that introduced us all to the hive of scum and villainy known as the Holiday Special. This figure, which is a totally new sculpt, marks the second character from the dreaded TV special to be immortalized in plastic. The first being Zutton from the POTJ line.

Dem Hazon. Riiiiiight. I've never, ever, ever heard this. Now Hasbro is just pulling stuff out of their ass for no reason at all. ::)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 08:24 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2005, 09:16 AM »
Another "I kinda' figured that out on my own" 411.  You think they'd be able to identify which sculpts the repacks use, or which deco the Clone in the Coruscant wave is, if they really had the dirt.

Agreed.  Although I do always enjoy the rumors, or even semi-confirmed stuff, I kind of wish these "411s" had just a little more specifics.  For example, in this wave it is fairly likely that the Han, Luke, and Sandtrooper are repacks...but which ones.  If it is Cantina Han, the rage will continue on the boards, but if it is the VOTC version, well, that makes a difference.  Same with the Luke and Sandtrooper, depends on what versions are being offered.

As far as the overall wave, I'll pick up Hem (or Dem, whatever), Hammerhead, R5-D4, and Garindan.  I don't have any of these, or the previous versions, so I'm happy to see them.  As for Han, Luke, and the Sandtrooper, I'll have to see which ones they are.  I'll probably pick up a couple of Sandtroopers if possible, regardless, need to build up my OT troops a bit.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2005, 12:14 PM »
"Yeah, I can hear it now. “Don’t you mean Hem Dazon?” Nope.... This figure, which is a totally new sculpt, marks the second character from the dreaded TV special to be immortalized in plastic. The first being Zutton from the POTJ line."

Dem Hazon. Riiiiiight. I've never, ever, ever heard this. Now Hasbro is just pulling stuff out of their ass for no reason at all. ::)

That sounds like Hasbro already has the cards printed up and realized they misspelled the name, so they came up with this lame story.  Even if it's true, it's stupid to pick Dem over Hem.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 12:14 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2005, 01:21 PM »
That sounds like Hasbro already has the cards printed up and realized they misspelled the name, so they came up with this lame story.  Even if it's true, it's stupid to pick Dem over Hem.

Meh...Its the same guy in my opinion.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2005, 01:29 PM »
It reminds me a lot of the Duros debate - is the guy we got Ellorrs Madak or is he actually Baniss Keeg?  I don't really care, I was just happy to get him. 

Same goes for this guy - Hem Dazon, Dem Hazon - whatever.  I won't lose any sleep over it, just give me a damn Arcona already!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Good point guys.  They can call him Alice for all I really care, ultimately it's the figure itself that matters.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2005, 03:14 PM »
Even if it IS true, maybe it's just Hasbro's little "Nya-nya" to collectors:

"Sure we'll give you an Arcona, but we'll give him a different name so he isn't technically the right one you were looking for! See, we came SO close to satisfying your requests but stopped just short of going 100%! We win!"

I wouldn't put it past them. ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Cantina Wave Pics!
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Cantina Wave Pics!
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Is it just me, or are these new sculpts some of the best things Hasbro has ever done?  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why they were resculpting Garindan, but he looks awesome!  Also, looks like Hem comes with the sandman gun from Logan's Run!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Cantina Wave Pics!
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Very interesting looking assortment here... I'm very happy with most of these.

Ithorian - Wow, simply awesome.  What a great sculpt, it looks so real!  His waist look like a big space but I am sure they will fix that.  I give this a 10/10 - pure perfection.  Count me in for several, as in 6 or more.

R5-D4 - Looks perfect to me, I think people are going to be happy.  I wonder if they'll add a bit of weathering?  I'll take 2 or 3 of them.

Garindan - Hot damn, he looks like a Sideshow figure!  About time they resculpted him I think... really, what could be better?  Looks like great custom fodder too... damn I need several of him too.

Hem Dazon - Absolutely wild!!!  What a great design they chose for the rest of his body, and sculpted like a McFarline figure!   The little bandolier thing is great too!  Oh Lord, I want a ton of these, and want to make a little army with them...

Han Solo - Looks better than I thought this kitbash/rehash would.  The head looks nice, so I will get one.

Luke Skywalker - I'll be optimistic and say it will look better with the final product.  That hat sure is riding high, I can't believe they didn't at least photoshop it to look like it fits.  Count me in for a couple, the poncho looks great.  Looks like the Early Bird head to me.

Sandtrooper - Yep, I'll take two of them.

The helmet looks off... but I'm sure it will be better as the final product.  I'll buy one.  And for whatever reason, they gave a description on the site of him from ESB.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Wow.

Most of these look FANTASTIC.

I love Hem Dazon, he's amazing!

R5-D4 - about ******* time!  looks like the vOTC R2-D2 sculpt with a new dome (because of the panel on the front).  I guess we know why he wasn't in the EE packs...  :P

Man, that Hem Dazon is SWEET.   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Oh man, I want the aliens bad. Hammerhead looks ******* AWESOME!