Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81306 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2005, 09:17 PM »
Very cool, looking forward to Hem Dazon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2005, 10:37 PM »
Because Vader is the single most recognized SW character there is.  He always sells, and sells well to parents and children.  In my opinion, he should always be on the pegs.

Yeah but he wasn't in the cantina, didn't visit luke on the farm, and didn't go out looking for the droids with the Sandtroopers.

Point is, there is a Vader (appropriately) in the Hoth wave - there's no reason for him to be in the Tatooine wave.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Point is, there is a Vader (appropriately) in the Hoth wave - there's no reason for him to be in the Tatooine wave.

I think you missed it earlier in the thread, but from all accounts/rumors the Vader included in this wave IS the Hoth Vader (a 500th Vader repaint). 

I think they are just packing him in this case to make sure that he is shipping throughout the year... at least that's the current info we have (insert standard Hasbro disclaimer here).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2005, 11:33 PM »
That's cool - but he shouldn't be unveiled as part of the wave then - he should still be part of the Hoth wave but packed in the case assortment...

Just being a stickler.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Hem Dazon Garindan R5-D4 Ithorian and the Sandtrooper I'll definately be picking up. The rest eh.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2005, 12:17 AM »
What a great wave...count me in for multiples of all of them, spare heros.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2005, 01:12 AM »
Yeah I can't tell what's poseable on Momaw Nadon CHEWIE, but a joint coudl be hidden anywhere on the sculpt.

Just a point of note, I'm not disappointed in this wave, I'm disappointed in articulation overall seemingly taking a back seat.  Hasbro's capable of better in that department simply by taking a look at the 2004/05 Cantina Wave.  That's a great "standard" being put aside. 

I love the new figures in this wave and Luke and hte Sandtrooper even have me anxious to buy both, but the articulation's more a commentary aside on my part about the direction the line may (or may not) be going, and it's a HUGE disappointment.  It's 1 step forward though a lot of 2005 and then 2 steps back to me.  From Veers to Derlin to Hem, there's a trend there, and it goes back to the end waves of ROTS too, and that just sucks.  I hope it's not "the standard".  For my money, the lacking articulation hurt more on Veers and Derlin than Hem Dazon and Garindan.  To me, Veers and Derlin are army builders and deserve a little extra effort as such...  Hem, I just am glad to see him finally done. :)  Love that figure...  Just hate his leg articulation.  Great figure otherwise though...  I'd say a great wave, and maybe my favorite so far, I'm not sure though as I've liked the others a lot too for the most part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2005, 04:36 AM »
Well, I may have reached the point of saturation.  My first reaction when I saw this wave, which is incredible, some truly great work, was "I already bought these figures."  As cool as Garindan turned out, I didn't need a new one, don't have the urge to buy a new one, and I feel roughly the same about every fig in this wave except for R5 and Hem.  It feels very strange to be so disconnected from SW figs when everyone else is so (justly) excited.

Anyways...

Hammerhead: One of my all time fave aliens, and they did gangbusters here, but the lack of articulation on all of these figs really puts a cloud over things.  Definitely getting him.

R5: Finally.

Garindan: See above.

Hem: He looks great and glad to see him.

Luke: It's great they're getting one out there, but if he's not an SA Luke to beat all Lukes, nah.

Han: It is to laugh.

Sandie: I have enough, I think.

Vader: Ditto.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2005, 10:52 AM »

Hammerhead (or Momaw if you prefer) - This is a figure I never picked up in the POTF2/Saga days, just waiting to see if it would be re-done. 

R5-D4 - What can be said...we've all been waiting for this one. 

Garindan - Another POTF2 figure I held off on, and again, I'm glad I did. 

Now that's Faith!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Now that's Faith!

I can't take too much credit, much of it has to do with the fact that I got into the POTF2 line later on...and had to pick up a lot of the earlier figures online or via ebay, etc.  Those are ones I didn't get around to at first, and then thought about them the last couple of years but just thought I'd "wait and see" what the post-ROTS line would bring.  I figured if they didn't show up, we might see re-releases, or I could pick up the POTF2 versions pretty cheap.  I'm doing the same thing with figures like 2-1B, Ugnaughts, 4-LOM/Zuckuss, and the Max Rebo band too...I want them, but I've just been putting them off with all the spending on ROTS stuff this past year.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Woohoo! Now this is the wave i've been waiting to see, and a great wave it is. At long last Hem Dazon and an accurate R5-D4! The Hammerhead is also a pleasant surprise. When I heard they were re doing him I was kind of annoyed, thinking that the old POTF2 one was fine but wow, this new one is very impressive, and his outfit is different enough that he's almost like an all new character. Garindan is also pretty cool looking, lkie everyone else, i love the holster. However, am I alone in this or does there just seem to be somthing a little off about him in the snout? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but there just seems to be somthing not quite right there, but i suppose I'm just nitpicking. A solid figure all around. I might get the Luke, depending on money but the other 4 are must haves. I I could only buy one wave this year, this would be the one.

Also, depsite Vaders popularity, I really don't see why you'd include him in a Tatooine wave. I can't see Vader ever stepping foot on that planet, but oh well. A better choice would have been a living repaint of Spirit Ben from the Dagohbah wave.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:27 PM by Greedo, The Green Menace »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2005, 01:35 PM »
I'll never regret getting my old Garidan or Hammerhead - for almost 10 years I've had them in my collection - to me, that's well worth $5 a figure for that much enjoyment.

In fact, I've got over 20 loose POTF2 Hammerheads.  Many have been customized. 

I don't think waiting for an improved figure to be made would be fun for me.  I'd rather enjoy what is out, and then upgrade later.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Yes, I've always been happy with my POTF2 Hammerhead and Garindan.  I'm surprised that they decided to retool these guys....the new versions are nothing to complain about though!

8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Pics look great, I'm very impressed, but I do have one question:  why does Garindan have a vastly superior holster than does Han?  That just strikes me as weird.  I'm extremely pleased with the Garindan figure, make no mistake, I'm in the camp that didn't think we needed another but I am thrilled with the result.  But is there a reason Han must suck so badly?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2005, 08:52 PM »
Pics look great, I'm very impressed, but I do have one question:  why does Garindan have a vastly superior holster than does Han?  That just strikes me as weird.  I'm extremely pleased with the Garindan figure, make no mistake, I'm in the camp that didn't think we needed another but I am thrilled with the result.  But is there a reason Han must suck so badly?

Hasbro just has it bad for that Cantina sculpt.  I did like that figure when it first came out but talk about beating a dead horse.  Man.  Hopefully the one later on in the year will be a new sculpt?  We'll see.