Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81308 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2005, 09:09 PM »
I guess I'm not too upset about the Han - because I expected it to be re-released, and the VOTC one was so easy to get, and was clearanced everywhere in my area.  I picked up several for $3.00 each for openers/customizing.  This Han I think is to fill in the void for the kiddos that wanted a Han figure in 2005.  At least he has a new head and better paint colors!

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Pics look great, I'm very impressed, but I do have one question:  why does Garindan have a vastly superior holster than does Han?  That just strikes me as weird.  I'm extremely pleased with the Garindan figure, make no mistake, I'm in the camp that didn't think we needed another but I am thrilled with the result.  But is there a reason Han must suck so badly?

Hasbro just has it bad for that Cantina sculpt.  I did like that figure when it first came out but talk about beating a dead horse.  Man.  Hopefully the one later on in the year will be a new sculpt?  We'll see. 

That brings up a good point. Do we really want a new ANH Han sculpt every year? Granted, the VOTC sculpt can't be improved upon too much, but I don't think they can offer that to us as a basic figure yet. I mean really, how many ANH Han scuplts do we need?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2005, 12:31 AM »
They could have at least made him as he appears outside the falcon, with the gloves on I suppose.  Or in Stormtrooper armor... are the Luke/Han Stormtrooper figures still scheduled for 2006?

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Alright, Han stormtrooper armor is a given. That one needs to be made. Technically, I guess they could make one with gloves as well. :P But that's it. No more after that. Except for maybe a less possed Han with Stormtropper belt. But, that's it. Really.

Okay, Cerimonial Han too. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2005, 08:50 PM »
Looking at the Hoth wave, and all of the little extras Hasbro added to some figures, I wonder if we'll get anything neat with these.  I'd love to see something (anything) thrown in with R5.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2005, 01:03 PM »
  I'd love to see something (anything) thrown in with R5.

They are. They've re-worked the missle attacke and are now calling it "rockect propelled motivator" feature.

Just kidding.

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2005, 02:08 PM »
The panel on the front of R5 looks like it opens like the VOTC R2. I wonder if it is sealed or will openable.

If it were just going to remain sealed, you would think Hasbro would have just used the R4-G9 body.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2005, 01:21 AM »
Yeah that's my point Tedious...  If they're gonna use the VOTC R2 it'd be great if they included the "open panel" panel with the tools...  Not that R5 used them, but I'd like that option for him if I wanted it and for customs it'd be great.  It'd be a plus for the figure, so I for one hope he comes with it...  To me though I'd have preferred the preview astromech's sculpt.  It was a lot better to me due to the feature being perfect and not doing anything but help the figure aesthetically.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2006, 12:18 AM »
Well, the Battle of Tatooine wave is now up for Pre-Order at EE:

Star Wars - The Saga Collection 3 3/4-inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 5:
2x Momaw Nadon (Cantina Alien "Hammerhead", Saga #31)
2x R5-D4 (Saga #32),
2x Sandtrooper (Saga #37)
2x Darth Vader (Bespin Battle, Saga #38)
1x Hem Dazon (Cantina Alien "Goldeyes", Saga #33)
1x Garindan (Cantina Aliens "Long Snoot/Snitch", Saga #34)
1x Han Solo (Cantina, Saga #35)
1x Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Poncho and Hat, Saga #36)

from all accounts/rumors the Vader included in this wave IS the Hoth Vader (a 500th Vader repaint). 

I think they are just packing him in this case to make sure that he is shipping throughout the year... at least that's the current info we have (insert standard Hasbro disclaimer here).

Well, I guess based on this case solicitation, the early reports were WRONG.   :-\

If you look close you will see that that Vader is #38 - Bespin and NOT the Hoth Vader as previously indicated by the rumor mill. 

Yay, another Vader!   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2006, 01:26 AM »
We got what 3 in 38 basic figures for OTC? I guess we are starting to see a pattern. ::)

I really wish Hasbro would slow down a wee bit. They aren't shipping the early waves out in great enough numbers, and Tatooine is already availible for pre-order.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2006, 01:49 AM »
NK..slow down....

At least we get 2 army building sandies in the first case ass. for the wave :-\

Man o' Man I like that luke...Sweet!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2006, 10:22 AM »
I'm very excited about this wave - the new Luke is very cool (I love the outfit and hope chest).

New droids are always welcome especially when their previous versions were sooo bad. 

The sandtrooper is an army builder and well done - and what can I say about Cantina patrons that hasn't been said already!

Is Han a rehash of the infamous Commtech Han or is he new?

And how could I forget the new Garindan and Hammerhead!?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:32 AM by ruiner »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Is Han a rehash of the infamous Commtech Han or is he new?

It looks like he is a kitbash of the Cantina Version.  He's got a new head, possibly a new/reused Vest (can't tell if it's the same from the TF pics or not), and then new stand.  That's about it.  The legs and arms definitely look like the same as the old ones judging by the articulation. 

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this wave.  Its amazing to me when you look at a figure like Hammerhead, who wasn't terrible the first time around, and see how much things have improved since the POTF2 days.  The new Hammerhead, Garindan, and R5-D4 all look outstanding to me.  Hem Dazon looks nice, and is a welcome addition to the Cantina.  I'm also quite excited about the Luke.  I like the poncho, the head they used is nice, and the "hope chest" is a nice accessory.  Any form of Stormtrooper army builder is always welcome, and I still wish we'd see a "normal" Stormtrooper (VOTC one would be best) released this year.  They should just always be available.  I'll get the Han too, just because I'm a sucker for Han Solos, and I'll have to see about the Vader.  Otherwise, I plan on getting this entire wave, and maybe some extras.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Its amazing to me when you look at a figure like Hammerhead, who wasn't terrible the first time around, and see how much things have improved since the POTF2 days.

Definitely. I still love that fig, but this one looks absolutely stunning! Cannot wait for him and the other aliens.