Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81746 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #165 on: April 4, 2006, 01:05 PM »
The only one I'm getting from this wave will be Momaw Nadon. I already have the Vinty and POTF2 versions, but I'm a big fan of the Ithorians, and this sculpt is a tremendous improvement.

I already have the POTF2 R5-D4, and IMVHO this isn't enough of an improvement to justify dropping $7 bucks on it. (Although I can see why others would differ!)

Hem Dazon and Garindan would be nice to have, but are not "necessaries". I can likely pick them up for cheap somewhere down the road; if not, I won't lose sleep.

Same for the sandtrooper--no matter how nice this version is, I have enough already. Must ... exercise ... willpower....

And I just plain don't need more Hans, Lukes, or Vaders.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 01:05 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 4, 2006, 01:18 PM »
You can satisfy both urges.  Just buy every sandtrooper you see and send them to me.  I'll pay you for them so you don't lose any money and you don't have to fight the urge.  When you reconsider what you shouldn't have done, you have an instant out.  The world can be a very happy place and you won't have hard decisions to make :)

Red holograms ::)  I foresee all the colors of the rainbow...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 4, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Luke - Been waiting for the poncho...maybe someday they will give us a moisture vaporator.  

Hem - I like the creatures so I get all of them at least once.

R5-D4 - Yeah, I like that one quite a bit.  I can now get rid of rocket firing version.

Momaw - My fav cantina creature so I'll get him. Plus it just looks nice to me.

Garindan - To nice of an improvement over the previous one.  I'll get him and probably get rid of my POTF version.  

Sandtrooper - Sucker for SA so I'll nab him if I can ever find him.

Han - No way I'll buy him. I know they want to shove another Han out there but geez.  They must have made a gazzilion of this mold at Hasbro.  

Vader - Nice accesories and card won't buy it though.  Oversaturated with nice Vaders.  Don't need him.  

I really like the carded samples.  Nice backdrops on most of them.  I am surprised they changed the colors on the holograms to red.  Blue, silver, and red now.  Yay!  

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 4, 2006, 01:31 PM »
different colors holos for a game released later this year perhaps?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #169 on: April 4, 2006, 01:36 PM »
The lack of articulation is really starting to grate now.    :(

Momaw Nadon: Always my favorite alien.  But he has the same articulation as his POTF2 counterpart (it appears) and that is just really poor at this stage in the game.

R5-D4: Finally, but it's been maybe too long.

Garindan: Looks great, but I don't need one.

Hem Dazon: Looks great, but there's something off about him.  I don't know what it is.

Sandtrooper: You think Scorch is hard to get?

Han: They can sneak a VOTC Stormie out but we get this thing over and over again?

Luke: Looks good, but I think I'm done with Tatooine Luke.

Vader: I think it's smart they're repeatedly refreshing Vader, but they should change up the figure.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 4, 2006, 01:44 PM »
Vader: I think it's smart they're repeatedly refreshing Vader, but they should change up the figure.

That was my initial thought too, but at least they are re-re-releasing a very good version of Vader.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 4, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Just to be a devil's advocate...

How about different shoulder pauldron colors for the sandtrooper for a variation? If were going to re-cast a bunch of bird-poop sized statues in a new color, why not a little paint app ala the clone craze?

Just because we haven't seen it yet doesn't mean it's not going to happen-

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 4, 2006, 01:58 PM »
Stop that >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #173 on: April 4, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Actually, that's something I've been suggesting for years.

And actually, that would be enough to get me to buy them. :-\
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 4, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Red holograms ::)  I foresee all the colors of the rainbow...

Just like Y-Wings, right?  ;)

It looks like that guy from China did have a real Sandtrooper. I cannot wait to get a few more of these VOTC Stormtroopers.

I love the rest of the Tatooine wave, as well. Except, of course, for Han Solo.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 04:53 PM by JediShawn »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 4, 2006, 05:04 PM »
I will buy every figure from this wave not named Han or Darth Vader.  R5D4 is a must and that SA Sandtrooper is a nice surprise.  Actually, I am undecided on the Luke.  I wanted the figure because of the accessories, but the lipstick has got to go, Hasbro.  I don't really want a Brokeback Luke in my collection.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 4, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Momaw Nadon: Coung me in for about 5 or so of this guy.  I love this sculpt and even though the articulation may be a bit lacking, I can live with that.  Looks like excellent custom fodder.

R5-D4: Looks good to me, I've never been overly crazy about this droid but I'd like a handful.

Garindan: Looks great, and the best of the bunch.  I hope he's a pegwarmer because I could see myself getting about 20 of them for customs.

Hem Dazon: I like it, will probably get about 5 of them.

Sandtrooper: If this was a regular Stormtrooper I'd be more excited, as it stands I still want a few.

Han: I'll probably get one just for the hell of it.  But just one.

Luke: Looks very nice, I'll take about 4-5 of them to replace my other Tatooine Lukes.

Vader: I guess I'll get one, it's always fun opening a new Vader.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 4, 2006, 06:09 PM »
RED holograms? **** you, Hasbro. Now I'll have to get even MORE of these stupid things.

R5: Great fig, I'll pick one up just to have him.

Hammerhead: Only getting one. Awesome sculpt, but where's the articulation? Finger of Shame for using articulation money on those stupid holograms.

Hem: Looks good, and I'll pick one up, but again, where's the articulation? Another Finger of Shame.

Garindan: On the fence... he looks cool, but the articulation is the same as the POTF2 one. And where is his communicator? Bah, I'll get it anyway.

Han: What's with the crappy headsculpt? I already have a Commtech Han, and a superior VOTC Han, so PASS.

Luke: Crappy figure, but awesome accessories. Finger of Shame to Hasbro for making me pay $7 for accessories.

Sandtrooper: An Evolutions Stormie? Count me in for several. The winner of the wave, I just hope his joints aren't stiff as hell this time.

Vader: Accessories aren't cool enough to get me to pay $7.

« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 06:11 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McCusto

• Youngling
  • Saum Beatah Ay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 4, 2006, 06:24 PM »
THE GOOD

R5- Good, melikey a lot.
           Hem Dazon- This is the first cantina alien I will ever get, and it looks awsome
           Luke- It used to be excellent, now it is just at good, because of the lips. Good accessories, but Obi-Wan's saber is incorrect, probably due to Hasbro's laziness to recolor a little part of it.
          Sandtrooper- Anything that uses the VOTC Stormtrooper sculpt just screams "BUY ME!" to me. So I will, but only one. Or two.

THE BAD:

Darth Vader- Bah. It is just the ROTS Vader sculpt. Really, the only vader I need is the Evolution's one. It is perfect.
           Garindan- It is a good sculpt, but I really don't like snitches  :P
            Han- It looked like he lost his neck and it got crappily sewed back on. Horrible. Plus, the new VOTC Endor Han will double as the ANH one for me.

THE ONES CUT DUE TO BUDGET PROBLEMS:

Hammerhead- I really wanted him, but I am on a really limited budget this year, and, unfortuently I had to choose between him and Hem. I chose Hem, because he has a pistol, a holster, and a balljointed neck.  :P
           Garindan- I really did want to get him, but, once again, I had to cut him because of budget. And for being a snitch  :P

THE UGLY:

Holograms- Red? Yuck! I used the blue ones for little mini-dioramas. But now that they are red, I can't. Damn!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #179 on: April 4, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Garindan: On the fence... he looks cool, but the articulation is the same as the POTF2 one. And where is his communicator? Bah, I'll get it anyway.

Looks like ol' Long Snoot's got his communicator in this pic.

I'm down for this whole wave 'cept Darth and Han.

'Specially Arfive, though. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."