Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81280 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2006, 03:49 PM »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2006, 09:27 AM »
I have to echo what Jesse and BlackDog said.  Few of the figures offered so far have been must haves for me.  I passed on the entire Carkoon wave.  I only picked up Veers, the AT AT Driver and the Gonk from Hoth.  Geonosis was a crap wave for me.  I only bought Scorch, and he wasn't really worth it.  The only figures I bought from Coruscant was Cody, the Clone and Obi Wan.  Nothing else jumped out at me.  I just think Hasbro could have done better, especially with Carkoon and Geonosis.  Carkoon could have had a redone Jabba's Palace Luke with better hands and a soft good tunic and the Han and Bib could have been more articulated.  Geonosis could have given us a Jango based on the VOTC Boba and a Super Articulated Mace based off the Pilot Obi Wan.  A S.A. Padme in her white outfit would have been great, too.  Hopefully these figures are coming in the near future. 
I like the Tatooine wave and the Endor wave the most out of this year's stuff.  Hopefully Hasbro gets back to the higher standards set by the better ROTS figures from last year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2006, 09:38 AM »
I donno. I'm really happy with the line this year, even with the repacks since I don't have to get them ( or at least one to open) Saves money.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2006, 10:17 AM »
I donno. I'm really happy with the line this year, even with the repacks since I don't have to get them ( or at least one to open) Saves money.

I agree here.  The money I save on crappy repacks is money I use for army building.  So I cannot really complain.  Someone out there is buying the Vaders, Snowtroopers, Poggles, Jango, Yodas, Anis, Obis, and the rest of the repack junk.  So product is moving, even if slow at times.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline McCusto

• Youngling
  • Saum Beatah Ay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2006, 11:15 AM »

I agree here.  The money I save on crappy repacks is money I use for army building.  So I cannot really complain.  Someone out there is buying the Vaders, Snowtroopers, Poggles, Jango, Yodas, Anis, Obis, and the rest of the repack junk.  So product is moving, even if slow at times.

:o Are you saying that the Obi-Wan is repack junk?  :-X :-X :-X

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2006, 12:03 PM »

That's why I think Hasbro has finally hit a perfect product assortment/distribution model. They give the collectors new stuff while earning some extra cash by repackaging old figures that are virtually guaranteed to move. Even the best selling new figures are getting put back in future assortments.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2006, 03:42 PM »

:o Are you saying that the Obi-Wan is repack junk?  :-X :-X :-X

Saying that Obi-Wan (pilot # 56 SA, super ultimate) is junk is blasphemy.  I was just saying he is a repack.  But he is the rarest kind of repack, a good repack.  Like SA ROTS clone trooper will also be a good repack and black clone pilot but still it is going to be a repack summer and I welcome the break.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Good news for those of you who are caught up - Pawlus from GH has heard rumblings that this wave will be on the pegs before the end of the month!

After the Endor wave, what's left??

???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I saw that earlier as well.  I'm really looking forward to the Tatooine (and Endor) waves, so I'll be glad to see them, but that's not to say I couldn't use a break.  Of course, I'm not technically "caught up", still on the lookout for Cody, as well as the VTSC figures.  I don't know what's next after Endor, I think a TPM wave was rumored at one time - as well as a Death Star/Yavin wave - but nothing has been confirmed yet.  Hasbro's always so tight lipped with future assortments it seems, unnecessarily so.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Great, I still haven't even seen the Coruscant wave...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2006, 07:24 PM »
This thread has kind of gone towards an overall SAGA analysis, has it not?   :D

I'll play that game too.

Carkoon Wave - Ok wave, nothing too exciting about it, I think the Leia was outstanding, Han was ok and Bib Fortuna was a bit better than most people want to give Hasbro credit for.  The repacks... mostly passes for me.  Probably the worst wave so far for SAGA I think.  Just boring.  An all new alien would have been a nice addition, or even an Ishi Tib from Jabba's Palace...

Hoth - I have to say this was a lot better, the AT-AT driver is a superb figure, and I liked getting the new Gonk w/ Tredwell droid, a retooled Snowtrooper was nice but could have been better, and to me Derlin really isn't that bad.  Still though not a wave I went crazy on, but then again I did buy about 15 AT-AT drivers and close to 10 Derlins.  Veers I think was fine, but really would have been nice to have knee joints.  Really I still can't believe they re-released Rieken, I'll never figure that one out.  Overall a solid wave I thought.

Geonosis - I thought this was ok, to me Sora Bulq and Sun Fac are just awesome, some high quality sculpts with nice articulation, the Clone is cool to see too.  I think Scorch might be the most overrated figure in Star Wars history though, and the regular repacks were pathetic.  So this wave to me had some good mixed with a lot of bad.

Coruscant - I like this wave.  There are some repacks but it just seems like a much needed, fresh wave.  Love the Lushros Dofine figure... Firespeeder pilot is pretty good (not as good as I thought it would be)... Foul I do like a lot, and the Cody I think is actually a piece of crap other than the helmet... and the holo Ki Adi Mundi is just plan BAD.  But with the variety of figures, including a couple of main Jedi, I am ok with this wave. Plus it seems to be a fast seller.

Looking forward, I'm just fine with a couple of rehash waves coming out.  I'll probably be spending too much on the VSTC figures and a few other items I want for customs to be concerned with much until the Tatooine wave.

:)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Carkoon- I really only bought Bib on an impulse buy (It was the first TSC figure I had seen), but I think this wave could've benefitted from some new characters. Doallyn, Hermi, and Hoover would have been great additions to this lineup. It did have some really nice main characters resculpts, like Han, Leia, and to a lesser extent, Bib, but still a pretty weak wave overall.

Hoth- I really like this wave, Veers was simply excellent, the Power Droid was also a fantastic figure, and the AT-AT Driver and Derlin looked great too. Far better than the Carkoon wave. and even the repacks (R2, Vader, Rieekan) were good choices.

Geonosis- Great mixing in a EU figure, albeit a hard to find one, and great new sculpts (Sora, Sun, Scorch). Some of the repacks were good choices (Poggle and 3P0), but the last couple of repacks (Jango N Yoda) were weak choices, and Jango could've used a resculpt.

Coruscant- An excellent wave, it had a EU figure, two requested figures (Cody N Fire Pilot) and good repacks. Lushros was exceptional, one of the best TSC figures next to Veers (Although I may be a tad bit biased 'cause I'm a Neimoidian fan).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:49 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2006, 08:22 PM »
Oh God, it's out soon...? :'(

P.S.  ****!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:23 PM by Ook »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Ouch! The end of this month? I hope that's wrong, but sadly, it seem accurate.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2006, 12:12 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tatooine wave by the end of the month, but I would be a little irritated.  Let's get a chance to get caught up, Hasbro. 

As for my to date assessment of TSC:

Carkoon: Weakest wave so far and good thing it was only two weeks later the Hoth wave came out.  Leia is great, but the rest of them are lacking in some way. 

Hoth: Pretty solid all the way around.  The At At Driver is the star, obviously, and the Gonk wins in the ingenuity dept.

Geonosis: I'd say this one was weak too, if it didn't sell as good or better as the rest of them.  You can't find Scorch, or the repacks we feared (Jango is MIA) but still iffy on the articulation and character selection.

Corscant: Best wave yet, but Cody is only half way there.  Excellent choices except for Ki Adi and the #2 Anakin.  Evolutions!  Foul is my favorite.