Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81946 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2006, 09:20 AM »
Where the hell are these figs ???  Besides the Heroes and Villains line, the Coruscant line came out 1.5-2 months ago?

Shhhhh! Their delay is good. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Yeah, some of us just found the Curoscant wave.  In fact, I just only found Commander Cody.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2006, 01:32 PM »
ya really i've still have yet to see  a Cody on the pegs, and have only just last week got a firefighter.  although i want this tatooine wave probably more then any of the others that have come out so far i could really use a break w/all the exclusives that've come out lately.  P.S. sandtrooper ROCKS.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2006, 03:05 PM »
****...it looks like R5-D4 is a three-leg special...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2006, 03:14 PM »
Three leg special? ??? The last I heard he was a reprint of VOTC/TSC R2D2 with a new head and paintjob, which means articulation at the neck, top of the legs, and "ankles," with a removeable third leg. All three "feet" have wheels on the bottoms, and he's got this oh-so-groovy glued-on panel.

So, R5 is good for doing whatever R5 does in the movie as well as portraying other, similar droids, or just playing with or whatever... which is cool in my book, far better than "Launchpad" R5.

I would actually buy a couple Hans for customs if I couldn't get the same figure with a different head for $3 or more less on eBay at any given moment.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Yeah,is definitely the VOTC Sculpt with a new head.  You can see the panel lines in this picture.

So, unless they did something stupid like glue the leg in place, it should be removable...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Hey! This R5 loks like his paintjob is better than R2, there are some details here that were blank n mine- like those bars on the third leg and the silver next to the "ankes." Glad to see that improved.

Though, the same smeared/streaked dirt seems to return here... oh well. I'm pretty happy with the looks of this figure overall :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2006, 04:19 PM »
I think I may actually pick up a Vader to open. I kinda want the little crates he comes with. And I don't have an opened 500th Vader so I guess I may nab one.

CHEWIE, only 4 sandies?

I think I'll pick up around a dozen of them.

4x Momaw Nadon
1x Darth Vader (maybe)
12x Sandtrooper
4x R5-D4
3x Hem Dazon
4x Garindan
1x Luke Skywalker (maybe 2)
0x Han Solo

Yeah, probably just four or so of the Sandtroopers, since I have so many of the Evolution Sandtroopers.  Still though I might get more than four.

I just wish we'd get a Stormtrooper instead though, without dirt on him.

:)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2006, 08:08 PM »
I'm happy with the Sandtrooper. I like those troopers a lot more than regular stormtroopers, most likely because of the Sandtroopers extra gear and variety of weapons. They look like better infantry soldiers, too. I can see why you'd want clean stormtroopers. Taking off the gear for the sandtrooper doesn't help for that. Perhaps one will come out alongside the DVD's.

SilverZ

« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I'm working on the complete gallery right now, but I was just too geeked out to not post this right away. Check out what is inside of Obi-Wan's storage trunk that comes with TSC Luke #36:

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Woah! Nice find Jared! Are both of the light saber handles removable too?

Where did you get your sample BTW?
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2006, 10:23 PM »
I guess Ol' Ben kept his pilot headset after the Battle Of Coruscant.

SilverZ

« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2006, 11:16 PM »
Woah! Nice find Jared! Are both of the light saber handles removable too?

Where did you get your sample BTW?

I cheated on this wave, Ryan.  ;) It's strange, but just Luke's is removable, but the Obi one is molded in there with the belt peghole still intact. I'm not too sure what the reasoning was there.

So, I take it the headsculpt is all-new? I tried comparing him to the EB version, thinking that was the likely match, and it's not it. The rest of the body is straight-up 1999 Luke, including the copyright date on the feet.

The complete gallery is up now if you click on the chest image up above.

J

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2006, 11:20 PM »
Question. I have the Tatooine wave on order from Entertainment Earth. For those who have been ordering from them lately two questions.

First, what are the chances that EE receives sufficient quality to cover the pre-orders? Mine was at the end of March first of April. Guess I am worried after what happened to others with the UGH cases, but I am not overly concerned about that with this wave.

Second, lately when has EE been shipping versus product showing up at retail?  
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

SilverZ

« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2006, 11:28 PM »
For me, EE's had a great preorder track record. I'd think you're well within the window of safety, and usually they'll change an item's status to "pre-sold out".

Unfortunately they've been running behind the big retailers for a while now. I'm finding them averaging 2-3 weeks behind Target and Walmart on 2005 waves. It was almost on month of vTSC.