Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81292 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2006, 12:08 AM »
I saw a Han yesterday at Wal-Mart, but the box was trashed and the Holographic figure was stolen. Anyone else encountered something similar to this?
Hmm..probally some stupid kid.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2006, 12:34 AM »
I saw a Han yesterday at Wal-Mart, but the box was trashed and the Holographic figure was stolen. Anyone else encountered something similar to this?

I've seen some narfed holo's lately.  I'm not sure why...  Usually accessories are msising too but the figure is there, which just makes no sense.  Steal it all ya know?  Worse is the half-assed tape-job the employees do to put it back on the pegs...  For god's sake do a send-back you lazy bonehead.

Rob, I do believe jaybird's right that it's the 500th Vader...  again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2006, 08:30 AM »

I've seen some narfed holo's lately.ÿ I'm not sure why...ÿ

Probably someone wanting to get a set of red or blue chess pieces for their board.  ;)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2006, 08:39 AM »
I bought a full case off the floor this past Saturday.  The box was not open and was mint.  Upon opening, every figures bubble was crushed on the top ??? 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2006, 09:16 AM »
The box was not open and was mint.  Upon opening, every figures bubble was crushed on the top ??? 

I've been there. That's not fun.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 12, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Jim, if you don't want those Sandtroopers due to crushed bubbles... I know a collector named CHEWIE that would be interested in them.   ;)

:)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 12, 2006, 11:53 AM »
chewie, that's funny because i know a guy named jedipurge that'd be intrested in them as well.  ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2006, 11:45 PM »
I believe it is based on the 500th Vader only difference is the silver shoulder armor damage and the helmet is glued on. It is exactly the same as the #013 Hoth Vader again with the helmet dome glued on.

Thanks!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #413 on: June 13, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Damnit. I still haven't seen this wave yet. I saw one single Solo one day last week and that has been it so far.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:08 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 13, 2006, 03:28 PM »
I scored 6 sandtroopers at Target yesterday.  I opened 2 of them up, and I love that this is the VOTC stormtrooper with dirt.  Minus the backpack and pauldron, these work great as dirty stormies for an Endor dio or the like. 

Good thing, because 1 of these sandtroopers did not come with a backpack!  I opened it very carefully and it did not drop out or anything, it was never there. 

I have 8 POTJ sandies and 12 from the Evolutions sets, so I have my fill of sandtroopers anyhow.

These Tatooine wave stormies will be displayed devoid of all sandtrooper gear.

Love the butt bomb.

Lastly, I think the black pauldron looks pretty bad anyhow.  Orange, grey, and white look pretty good.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 13, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Found R5, Hammerhead, Luke, Han, and Vader today. I picked up R5 and Hammerhead, but passed on Luke because I didn't bring enough cash thinking I wouldn't find anything. Stupid me. Luke looks even better in person, so it was really hard to put it back.

EDIT: felt like taking some comparison pics that Jared didn't...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:41 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 14, 2006, 12:30 AM »
I've only found one Sandtrooper so far... I'm hoping to find at least a dozen - but at this rate it's not looking good.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Just got the one and only wave i can afford this year and I'm very impressed overall by these guys. Hem Dazon is everything I'd hoped he'd be as is good ol R5-D4. I gotta say though i am really blown away by the improvments to Garindan and Hammerhead, both are such an improvment over thier previous incarnations. Overall I love this wave and it was well worth the money spent. Now if we could just get Bom Vimdin made, I could probably be satisfied if they stopped making Cantina guys. (That doesn't mean I want em to stop, i'll keep buying any patrons they put out, even the most insignificant sounding ones.) Bring em on Hasbro! oh and how about that U end of the bar?

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2006, 02:06 AM »
havent seen a fricken sandie >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I've probably been to Walmart and Target a total of 50 times in the past month looking for Sandtroopers... scored two more today, bringing my total to 5.

I agree with Dressel, they work great as Endor Stormtroopers.

:)