Author Topic: Possible VTSC Wave 2?  (Read 30157 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Possible VTSC Wave 2?
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:47 AM »
From 4-inches.com:

Vintage Basic Figures
Darth Vader (ESB)
Jawa (light-up eyes)
Luke Skywalker Bespin Gear
Princess Leia Endor General
Snow Trooper (Hoth Stormtrooper)

Once again: just a rumor list at this point, nothing officially confirmed, subject to change, yadda yadda, yadda.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Possible VTSC Wave 2?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Hope there's more than one Jawa for $12.  I would imagine cloth robes also.

SA snowtrooper - excellent.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 11:12 AM »
Only  5?  I  wonder  if  these  will  have  the  mail  away  offer  as  well.  Perhaps  an  offer  for  a  different  figure (Lucas B-Wing Pilot)  to  make  an  even  dozen.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Four of those sound really, really good.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Wonder if that's the OTC Jawas or if it's something new you actually press a button on for the light -up?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Isn't a Vader a little redundant? We got one in the first VOTC line that they've been using ever since.

Oh wait, it's Hasbro. Never mind.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Kick ass - I'm guessing the Vader would be a re-release of the exact same thing we already saw - just to get it back onto shelves.  They're stupid to not put it on a different card though.  I hate to give Hasbro any ideas, but they could put him on a SW or Jedi card and sell more.

I hope it's true - like I keep saying, I hope they put out all of the original vintage figures remade like this - the Snowtrooper is a good idea.  Spread out the army building figures 1 per wave and they should be able to keep going for a long time.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Maybe the Vader will be the pointing version cardback?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Kick ass - I'm guessing the Vader would be a re-release of the exact same thing we already saw - just to get it back onto shelves.  They're stupid to not put it on a different card though.  I hate to give Hasbro any ideas, but they could put him on a SW or Jedi card and sell more.

They should base it off the second Jedi card which featured a different picture of him from all of the other versions--including the POTF version, which reverted back to the original photo.

I'd rather they not do another Vader at all--but I understand if they "have" to.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 12:04 PM »
If they're going to put out figures for a second time, I hope they start with re-releases that can now go on their first-run cardback.  Vader on SW, Boba Fett on SW, Chewie on SW etc...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I hope this rumor turns out to be true, and this lineup doesn't sound too bad.  I'm not crazy for another Vader, but if they changed up the cardback it wouldn't be so bad.  Plus, I guess it wouldn't hurt to get it out there again - although I'd rather see another all new figure.  The rest of the lineup sounds pretty spiffy though, particularly the Snowtrooper.  Hopefully we get something extra with the Jawa to justify the $10-$12 pricetag, but then again, Yoda didn't have anything extra really.  I hope this line does continue like this, even if its just 10-12 figures a year.  Sometimes I wish this was the only line I collected, it would be easier to keep up :P.  The rumors sound good though.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 12:18 PM »
If they have to start reissuing stuff, I'd much rather they do them with alternate photos when applicable, as opposed to just simple logo changes.

But any vintage-style re-reissues seem really unneccessary to me at this point, no matter what cardback they're on, when there's so many other figures they could be doing instead.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 12:44 PM »
And just for the hell of it, here's what vintage figures underwent cardback photo changes:

Luke Skywalker (gunner)
*Artoo-Detoo (Sensorscope and blasted on Endor/pop-up lightsaber versions)
Chewbacca (Jedi hair)
*See-Threepio (Removable Limbs)
Darth Vader (pointing)
Ben Kenobi (front shot)
Han Solo (Death Star)
Boba Fett (Skiff)
Leia Bespin (front picture)
Luke Bespin (gun drawn)
Yoda (standing)

So nine of those have already had VOTC releases, one's rumored (Luke Bespin), and one will likely not see a new version for years (Leia Bespin).

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 01:05 PM »
I still want some POTF with Coin issued cardbacks ??? 

I thought a POTF line would of given us a shot at a Luke Stormtrooper reissue and the Luke Endor reissue everyone has wanted.  But with a rumored Luke w/Poncho part of the SAGA line I guess that is not happening. 

Hopefully a POTF series would look something like this:

Luke Storm
Barada
Anakin
Imp Dignitary
Yak Face

I can dream I guess

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 01:06 PM »
In that case, why not a list of already released Modern Vintage figures that weren't on their original Cardback, including all four of the wave 1 ROTJ figures:

Chewbacca
Artoo
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Threepio
Stormtrooper

A POTF wave at some point with coins would be awesome.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 01:07 PM by Rob »