Author Topic: Possible VTSC Wave 2?  (Read 30158 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Possible VTSC Wave 2?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 05:29 PM »
They should make plastic cape and cloth cape variants of the Jawa! 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Not feeling another Vader, wish it was someone else.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 05:39 PM »
If true, I'll get everything but Vader since Evolutions Vader suits me just fine. Only way I'll buy it is if it has the 2 piece removeable helmet.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 05:45 PM »
From 4-inches.com:

Vintage Basic Figures
Darth Vader (ESB)
Jawa (light-up eyes)
Luke Skywalker Bespin Gear
Princess Leia Endor General
Snow Trooper (Hoth Stormtrooper)

Once again: just a rumor list at this point, nothing officially confirmed, subject to change, yadda yadda, yadda.   ;)

Kinda bummed they still aren't rounding out the first 12 vinty figures.  Close, but not quite there.  I hardly see Leia General needing this treatment and getting placed ahead of a Death Squad Commander (even though that figure could live without SA as well).  Digging the snowtrooper though, that would be great.

I'm ok with another Vader, especially if they change the cardback as an homage to the vintage switch. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 07:32 PM »
They should make plastic cape and cloth cape variants of the Jawa! 

And an ESB carded Vinyl caped Jawa chase figure.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 07:53 PM »
If true Im really looking forward to the Jawa(hopefully Jawas) and the SA Snowtrooper.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 08:46 PM »
From 4-inches.com:

Vintage Basic Figures
Darth Vader (ESB)
Jawa (light-up eyes)
Luke Skywalker Bespin Gear
Princess Leia Endor General
Snow Trooper (Hoth Stormtrooper)

Once again: just a rumor list at this point, nothing officially confirmed, subject to change, yadda yadda, yadda.   ;)

Kinda bummed they still aren't rounding out the first 12 vinty figures.  Close, but not quite there.  I hardly see Leia General needing this treatment and getting placed ahead of a Death Squad Commander (even though that figure could live without SA as well).  Digging the snowtrooper though, that would be great.

I'm ok with another Vader, especially if they change the cardback as an homage to the vintage switch. 

Im disappointed as well for not finishing up the first 12.  The Death Squad Commander was my favorite back in the day.  Probably because it was such hard figure to track down.  I remember searching everywhere with my parents for months.  Even back then I loved the hunt. 

Plus I really want to finish off the Modern Early Bird Backdrop.

Regarding releasing some figs over.  I would take the Early Bird Chewie on the SW card since the first one released does have the ROTJ sculpt.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Theoretical question:

If you're Hasbro, and are preparing a retro vintage Death Star Commander for release, do you call it by it's original name of Death Squad Commander?  Or do you go with the more-PC Death Star Commander name? 

Likewise, if you're doing new releases of Zuckuss and/or 4-LOM, do you switch the names or not? 

I'm curious as to exactly how faithful to the vintage line Hasbro would be when it comes to these particular issues.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I really like the idea of a Death Star Trooper or Death Squad Commander... I think that would be one of my most sought after figures...

Also I wonder if they might revisit Wicket in this line too someday?

I would think also that a Death Star Droid could be a possiblity?

Also I guess I'm rambing here... but I'd really like to see a Gamorrean Guard in this style too.  Not so much for the packaging but hopefully for a nice SA version.

:)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 10:24 PM »
Death Squad Commander for sure. Forget that P.C. Death Star Commander bull****.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2006, 10:26 PM »

Separated at birth, Star Wars-style?

;D Perry Ferrell - Imperial Stooge
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 11:36 PM »
I don't think the Death Squad Commander would be such a big deal for Hasbro now (they did release a figure last year that featured three severed limbs and third degree burns over 100% of his body).  It would be kind of neat if they released 4-LOM and Zuckuss with their original, mistaken names.  The funny thing, Hasbro has us engaged in the possibilites of this line, which is likely what they wanted; the sky is the limit (including the price, unfortunately).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Personally, I'm hoping that the Vader will NOT be another ESB version and instead will be a ROTJ version with (keeping fingers crossed) a 2-piece helmet.

The Evolutions Set Vader is far superior to the first VOTC Vader so even if they just shipped the Evo Vader on the ROTJ card I'd be happy. But for sure I want the card to be new.

What will stink is if with these five you can send away for a sixth figure as well. It would be nice and calming if the offer was the same (Lucastrooper) but if they do that, it will be for a completely different figure. So if it's new, it will stink to have to get so many copies of the same Vader we already have.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Personally, I'm hoping that the Vader will NOT be another ESB version and instead will be a ROTJ version with (keeping fingers crossed) a 2-piece helmet.
to get so many copies of the same Vader we already have.

IMO that would open up a big can of worms.  That wasn't a figure that came out in the 70's/80's so then it's not really a new-school 'vintage' item.  I'd prefer that they leave the things that didn't come out back in the original days to the NEW lines and save this (so far perfect) line for the high-quality resculpts of the figures that were originally on these cardbacks.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2006, 12:34 AM »
IMO that would open up a big can of worms.  That wasn't a figure that came out in the 70's/80's so then it's not really a new-school 'vintage' item.  I'd prefer that they leave the things that didn't come out back in the original days to the NEW lines and save this (so far perfect) line for the high-quality resculpts of the figures that were originally on these cardbacks.

So because the vintage Vader was never released with a removeable helmet a VOTC/VTSC version can't be?

Please don't think I'm trying to start an argument, but for example - no versions of Han Solo in the vintage line EVER came with a working holster - yet both the ANH VOTC Han and the ROTJ VTSC Han have a working holster. Same thing with Greedo - he didn't even have a holster sculpted to the leg. How about the X-Wing pilot Luke? The vintage figure didn't have a removeable lightsaber hilt that plugged into a socket on the figure. The vintage Biker Scout's ankle holster didn't work as a holster either.

What I'm getting is that so far, many of the figures have functional extras that go beyond articulation and detail that the vintage figures never had. So why couldn't one of the function features of a VTSC ROTJ Darth Vader be that it has a removeable helmet?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!