Author Topic: Custom Accesories  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
Custom Accesories
« on: April 24, 2006, 06:59 PM »
Hey guys,
I think we should make this thread for people who want to show pictures and recipes of custom accesories (weapons, helmets, etc.) I think it's a cool idea because some weapons i make are from the ideas or customs that other customizers have made. So any one up for it?

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Custom Accesories
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Um, sure, I'm up for it. Here's a few WIP's

The first is some joe riffle w/ some star wars part attached to the side...  :-\
The next two are more interesting (imo) and were made from staples, dremel holes,  & parts of this:

(BTW Findswoman, thank you for the rifle!)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:18 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:40 PM »
kool guns. I'll post mine up when I find the camera  :-\ :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:56 PM »
I haven't really gotten into making custom weapons but I know some people do make them... I think Famine made quite a few a little while back?

:)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 11:41 PM »
I could take and post some pictures of my DL-44's (I think that's the name? Han's pistol?) and standard imperial blaster rifles that I've made amazing modification to, in the form of metallic silver acrylic paint periodically mixed with black, but I don't think that counts as "interesting" neccesarily... maybe once I get some lightsaber hilts done or something. I have a repainted ROTS Obi Wan handle for an early-stages WIP Luke, and a repainted POTF2 Luke lightsaber, but that one's no more interesting than the silver on the blasters.

An accessory I find myself wanting to make, besides some cloth cloaks, is some commlinks (or "droid-callers") that can be held in figure's hands, for talking and such. This is probably yet more Thrawn Trilogy influence on my collecting/customizing, because they used them on so many occasions there- only a few scenes come to mind in the OT where they were used ("Ahhhhhhhhh! ahahahaha!" "Listen to them, artoo! They're dying!"), but it'd be a pretty neat little accessory.

Actually, if Hasbro had more sense I would've expected at least one C3PO in all this time to have come with one... I mean, how many accessories could he come with? "Wow, a stand!" Perhaps the big innovation in TSC C3PO isn't his knees, but the fact that he has an accessory ;)

Another thing I've thought about making was my own "cape" thing for certain Boba Fetts out of green cloth- I can't imagine it's that hard, just a matter of finding the right stuff to make it with. Maybe some wookie braids too, but that would be harder... small yarn maybe?

Incidentally, most people just use the POTJ figures and some rich person might be customizing with VTSC Luke now, but "back in the day" I understand a number of people dremeled-out X-Wing Luke heads for helmets. Things like that could probably be filed under this category, I think.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 11:49 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 05:05 AM »
I'll try and get some of my work up.

One I have always wanted to make and can't figure out why Hasbro hasn't done yet is a good looking Boba Fett ROTJ blaster carbine. The ESB one is okay, but the one he had in ROTJ was cooler.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Alot of people have been making these ARC pistols...but they are still great looking guns.

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Alot of people have been making these ARC pistols...but they are still great looking guns.

Dre

I've made an ARC pistol myself but has some modifications. Also, where did u find those words on the clones' armors?

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 04:33 PM »
I used the Aurebesh alphabet on the Wiki site.  The words themselves are Mando words.  I got the words from the Wiki site and some from the issue of Insider with the article on Mandos. 

These guys are my pride and joy.

I put the most time and effort into them, even though they are mostly repaints.

Thanks

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 07:47 PM »
I make TONS of custom weapons for my figures! Heres just a small sampling:

Here is a gallery of custom Star Wars-scale weapons from the Halo series of video games.

First up is my personal weapon of choice, the S2 AM Sniper Rifle:

Parts: Assembled from bits and pieces of almost a dozen different G.I.Joe and Star Wars weapons.

Next up is the M19 SSM Rocket Launcher:

Parts: Middle part of a Wave 7 Bazooka's bazooka, a spear from the "X-Men villian "Ahab", trimmings from several different G.I.Joe weapons.

Finally we have a medly of small arms. The ones on the left are M6C Pistols, and the larger ones on the right are M7/Caseless Sub Machine Guns:

Parts:
Pistols: heavily modded Chap Mei Wild Force pistols and trimmings from a Saga Djas Puhr pistol.

SMGs: heavily modded Episode I Naboo Soldier rifles and pieces from "The Corps" sniper rifles.

I felt that the G.I. Joe character Chuckles was always underarmed carrying just the pistol, so I decided to amp up his firepower a bit for his "Galactic Intelligence: Joint Operations Elite" version. I fugured that a blaster carbine-sized weapon would give Chuckles the extra firepower he needs while not being rediculously overarmed. The carbine is a custom made from some G.I.Joe rifle (Blackout?) I got in a trade last year and a piece trimmed from a POTF2 Stormtrooper rifle.

Here's another "Galactic Intelligence:Joint Operations Elite" weapon- Recondo's rifle. I made this from the oversized "Operation: Aliens" Colonial Marines Pulse Rifle that was packed with the KB Exclusive Vasquez figure. I dremelled out the area inside the carring grip on top and completely repainted the rifle to match the ones in the film "Aliens".

More "Galactic Intelligence:Joint Operations Elite" accessory goodness! This time it's a medical case carried by the team's medic, Doc. It's made from a vintage G.I.Joe "Tiger Force" Lifeline medical case and a POTF2 Mynock Hunt breathmask. Every millimeter of this thing was repainted. The Aurebesch writing on the front cover says "RESCUE" as an homage to the Lifeline figure it came from :)

The blaster carbine carried by my "Galactic Inetlligence:Joint Operations Elite" version of Snake Eyes was made from the rifle that came with the Joe named Bullhorn. I just cut it up into little pieces and glued a few of them together :)

These "Brotherhood Of The Serpent" baddies are carrying custom staffs. Cobra's is made from the top part of a G.I.Joe Venomous Maximus staff and most of a Weequay pike. Mistress DeCobray's staff is the top of an "Aladdin" Jafar staff and the majority of a Chancellor Valorum staff.

The gun carried by my "Brotherhood Of The Serpent" version of Destro is made from an "Armor-Tech" handgun and some odss'n'ends.
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 08:06 PM »
More custom weapons:

Doomtrooper Squad Leader's Rifles:

Made from "Spawn" Jessica Priest rifles and "The Corps!" handles.

Doomtrooper Plasma Guns:

Made from "G.I.Joe" Darklon's Evader cannons and trimmings from ROTS Clone Pilot's staffs.

Yutja Hunting Staff:

Made from a pair of "Kool Toys" Giant Dragon Castle spears fused together and painted to match the armor of my custom Preds.

Various custom Pirate/Thug/Other weapons:

These are the only other ones that have been photographed so far. I have about 200 custom weapons alltogether :D

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Here are a few of my custom weapons.

Two complete carbine rifle for some bounty hunter customs I'm working on

Here are some that I haven't finish, do to lacking of something. Just haven't been able to put my finger on what they need.

Here is that carbine in the lower left of the above picture with folding stock open and top shot

Last two shots of the tops of the pistol and rifle with vibro-axe

Hope you like them and would like input on what is missing or suggestions on my unfinish customs. Thanks
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link