Author Topic: Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack  (Read 65814 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Anyone have an idea how many are coming to a case(please don't base it on how the non-exclusive BP's are packed) and....HOW MANY cases the store gets ???? Has somebody actually seen them pulled from the case to stock?

It sounds like the stores aren't getting very many of these.
I hope they send multiple shipments so these aren't hard to get.

Kmart used to have high quantity exclusives-remember the cantina bar 3 packs?- It was high cost and my area stores had several that stayed on the shelfs for at least 2 weeks anyway.Hope they go with the same strategy here. :-\

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I found this while on the road Friday, and it really shocked me, as I wasn't expecting these for a while, and certainly not to show up at the same time as in California.

The shelves I saw had been freshly stocked and there were 4 each of this set and the Throne Room set.  Same price as everyone else too: $24.99, plus your state's share.

I was a little disappointed that the Clones aren't referred to as the 501st anywhere on the box, but I was really happy that Hasbro FINALLY called you-know-who Darth Vader on the packaging.  Very neat little tidbit that made me smile. :)

Oh, and just a warning (as this almost happened to me): there are two guns each (the smaller one and the big rifle) for each of the 501st Clones.  There is a little baggie taped to the underside of the cardboard just out of sight that contains the other three blasters that aren't in their hands.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2005, 07:46 PM »
I was a little disappointed that the Clones aren't referred to as the 501st anywhere on the box, but I was really happy that Hasbro FINALLY called you-know-who Darth Vader on the packaging.  Very neat little tidbit that made me smile. :)

Psst... they called you-know-who Darth Vader on the Mustafar Playset box too.   :P

On another note, I found it interesting that (from what I can tell from Jared's 5-pack photo) the 501st Troopers in this box set do NOT appear to have the blue stripes painted on the legs, while the basic carded versions DO have the blue leg stripes.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Thanks guys.  I appreciate the assist.  The differences are from the future carded versions are enough to make me want these (one set, anyway).  The price is high, especially relative to what you guys usually pay, but relative to our retail it's pretty easy to swallow.  If they showed up here, it would probably be at a $45-50 price point ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2005, 09:28 PM »

Psst... they called you-know-who Darth Vader on the Mustafar Playset box too.   :P

Must you always kill my buzz, Jeff?  ;)

Seriously, the vertical lines on the thigh armor are not there (at least on my figures).  The blue lines around the bottom of the knee plates are painted on, but none of the three have the blue thigh paint.  So there you go.

Otherwise, the figures are, quality and accessory-wise, what would happen if the running change to the #6 Clone was as a 501st instead of a Shocktrooper.  The only real difference is that none of the three 501st Clones included have the removable shoulder armor, as the solid blue piece has been glued on, and no alternate Imperial piece is included.  No extra non-lightsaber hand for Vader, either. 

The Clone Pilot is still the WTF? figure of the set.  They could have thrown a fourth 501st Clone in and I don't think anyone would have complained. 

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2005, 04:47 AM »
I'm really looking forward to getting this set.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Anyone have an idea how many are coming to a case(please don't base it on how the non-exclusive BP's are packed) and....HOW MANY cases the store gets ???? Has somebody actually seen them pulled from the case to stock?

Peter_Fett said he pulled a fresh case from a pallet last night. Said it was a case of 6, 3 per case.

It sounds like the stores aren't getting very many of these.
I hope they send multiple shipments so these aren't hard to get.

I would hope it be the same as the cantina sets, pleanty to go around, but we have yet to see. It seems like it's always the case where a store initially get one case and then more and more as time goes on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2005, 10:32 AM »
I really,really hope your right on that one Ant! ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I was a bit surprised (as I think I said in the Recent Purchases thread) that the Jedi Temple Assault set was packaged equally with the Imperial Throne Room set.

I kinda wish they had just shipped straight packs of all six Jedi Temple Assault and then shipping the Imperial set next month - I hate when Hasbro does stuff like this - don't they realize that they are shooting the concept of these in the foot right off the bat? KMart is going to sell out fast of the Jedi Temple sets and be left holding the bag on A LOT of Imperial sets.

Stupid planning on both KMart AND Hasbro's part.

If they were going to evenly pack these - then they should have made two Battle Packs that were both Clone-themed. The second one could have Utapau and they could have put in: Obi-Wan, 3 #6 Clones painted as Cmdr. Cody grunts and Tion Meddon. That would have been a MUCH BETTER pack IMHO.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Logic at this point would dictate that the next case assortment for these would be 6 x Jedi Temple Assault and 0 x Emperor's Throne Room.  When I got my JTA set, I'd apparently gotten there after two MIB/1 of everything types of collectors had shown up, but that left 3 JTAs and 4 ETRs on the shelves.  I have a feeling that the ETR sets are probably still sitting there and the JTA sets are long gone.

Besides proving I can still do basic math after years of dealing with mind-numbing statistical analysis, the above paragraph points to a problem that Hasbro should be made aware of now and that they should correct in future shipments of the sets to K-Mart. 

As for ways I would have improved the sets, they should have just thrown the #28 Anakin "Sith Eyes" variant into the JTA set instead of the #2 version, ditched the Clone Pilot, and just included a fourth 501st Clone instead.  That way, you'd get 4 Clones and a new version of a figure you already have.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2005, 07:42 PM »
Saw three of these tonight.  Only bought one and left the others.  The Emperor pack is gonna warm the pegs. 

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Missed my chance to get one today and I won't have time to hunt for a while so I may have to miss out on this set. Shame as it is the one I really wanted. :(
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2005, 07:57 PM »
The Clone Pilot is still the WTF? figure of the set.  They could have thrown a fourth 501st Clone in and I don't think anyone would have complained. 

Really. They couldn't have made a 501st commander? What does the pilot have to do the assault on the temple?

I sure hope the carded death squad figs are #41s. I'm tired of seeing that "quick draw" fig return, and the gunner would be extremely unfortunate. His arms are ridiculous.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2005, 08:59 PM »
Well, C'mon..you know Hasbro's rationale must be that they couldn't include a commander because it 'would undermind lord vader's lead'. Then they brilliantly decide that 'well the clones had to GET there somehow right?..GEE I know another way to sell our pegwarmer again and justify it at the same time??We'll just use another Bantha Fodder pilot!! :o'

>:(

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2005, 11:44 PM »
We'll just use another Bantha Fodder pilot!! :o'

>:(
I kind of like them myself.

Of course, I prefer the black ones but that really doesn't matter. Point is, you are right. The pilot did not belong in this set.
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."