Author Topic: Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack  (Read 65824 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack
« Reply #75 on: September 2, 2005, 02:43 AM »
No doubt.  Should've been 4 troops and Ani...  Hell, Ani's not even "right" really...  That's Hasbro for ya though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 2, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Jadesfire-Make sure you ask a store manager about it and not an employee, if you ask a regular employee you may get a typical reply like" we don't have a system for that or we can't look that up"(which are lies) :(

That is EXACTLY what the store employee stated.  The manager was not available while I was there so I'll just try next week as I didn't see a tag for it yet and am not too worried about a mad scalper run up here for this stuff....it just doesn't happen.
Beth

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 2, 2005, 04:57 PM »
My local K Mart is in the process of resetting (for Xmas I guess) and now the Star Wars section is considerably bigger, yet still empty, but the good news is that now tags for the "5pc sets" for $24.99 are on the shelf. I'll be checking every day to get one of these, perhaps two. I plan to get an extra set in hopes of trading it for a Shocktrooper, Zett, AT-RT Driver, Pilot Obi-Wan and Black Clone Pilot as these have managed to completely elude us, so far, here in Michigan. ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 3, 2005, 02:47 PM »

At least I got both my cases ordered(one received so far) through two different store managers. Stores may vary however :-\

I'm sure I've missed something in the conversation here, but are you saying that by using the AIM number, you were able to have them order and hold cases specifically for you?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Yes, exactly @ my 2 stores anyway ;D

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2005, 12:49 AM »
I picked up a set from a fellow collector yesterday. I like the clones but I actually like my customs on the SA 41 better.  Anyway, I'll keep em since my son likes them and we played JTA last night with them and the customs.

My son says the pilot is in the package is there because in the regular package he has a sticke that is used to repair electronic/computer things. The pilot is there to help Anakin to slice into the computer (the pilot needs to know how to fix his ship and computers on the ship according to my son).

This is not found anywhere but in the imagination of a 11 year old boy, but it reminded me that at times, even when I hate something like the pilot in this set, the set is made first for kids, and if it fosters them to use their imagination then it is not a bad thing. Now as a collector I still HATE the fact that the Clone is there.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 01:01 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Like I said earlier in the thread. By me in NJ these have NOT been hard to get at all. My local KMart got in another shipment of these the other day. I saw them, only had cash on me, but not enough so I returned the next day and they were still there, so I grabbed one of the Jedi Temple Assault and one of the Imperial Throne room for a fellow NJ collector to help her out.

Other than that, since I've had my for a couple of weeks now, I really haven't been looking "hard" so when I can randomly walk into a KMart, and they have it in stock, I don't consider it a "hard to find" item.

So I guess that's good - KMart must have ordered over the minimum required quantity on these. I figured that the three blue clones would be a no-brainer and fly off the shelves.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2005, 09:07 PM »
I don't get the hype about this set.  It is same old crappy Ani from the Walmart carry case with a clone pilot and 3 blue clones.  The blue clones are cool but since that will be out later in carded form, I don't think the 24.99 price tag is any sort of multipack "deal".  If it were 19.99 then maybe but I have not walked into a Kmart in a few years and this is not going to get me there.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Hmmm I wonder then.. just how popular this set would "become" if those single carded figures are using the tank gunners body...(since know one can completely verify this yet) ::)

I know for play value-and..just for the arm breaking's sake I'd take the #6 body over the Tank gunner's anyday. 8)

just picked up X3 of these sets today at my local Kmart
(ordered them-the manager had them in his office for me) ;)

Got 2 of them traded before I even got home! ;D 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Finally got my looose ones so I don't have to worry about continuously searching or paying for these just to have extra Anakins left over.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2005, 07:13 AM »
Hmmm I wonder then.. just how popular this set would "become" if those single carded figures are using the tank gunners body...(since no one can completely verify this yet) ::)

Yeah - I think the popularity of this set is going to shoot through the roof if it does indeed turn out that the 501st individually carded figure ends up being the same body as the AT-TE Gunner. The arms on that sculpt are just SO screwed up, you have to even wonder what they were thinking when they made that sculpt in the first place.

For poseability and play value, the #6 clone has the AT-TE gunner beat.

Here's hoping that the 501st figure uses the SA body.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Hook me up if you guys find one, I will pay shipping and kick in an extra couple bucks for your trouble.

PM me if you can help.

So you know in my Area  Seth J, At Rt driver, black clone, etc. are peg warmers.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Picked 2 more of these last nite - have gotten X9 total (already traded 4)(+1 for son's Bday) ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2005, 02:52 PM »
That Mudnemo guy, formerly powerjedi999, is starting a 5-pack run on the battle pack 501sts, and people are paying more than $12 per clone. Some people.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Here is SO CAL these DON'T stay on the shelves due to the vast amount of collectors and scalpers in our area+more kids(duh). :(( the JTA's anyway)

If these are sitting in your area I wonder at how much competition you really have up there Pete :-\

That's ridiculous Lord Anton...but not surprising at all