Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 287443 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Cool, thanks for the input. I'll give em a try and place a order next week. I did score 3 more AT AT drivers, 1 for me (gives me 4 for my AT AT), 3 for a friend and 1 for another friend. Hooked up another local collector with a gonk droid. Now I'm done hunting until the next wave if I don't order it online.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Got Major Bren Derlin this morning

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Just curious...but for those of you finding TSC, do they keep getting re-stocked?  I've been fortunate enough to find the Carkoon wave, as well as most of the Hoth wave, but I think it was a case of just being there at just the right time.  The figures have been totally sold out the next day (or maybe the same day, who knows), and the pegs have been bare since then.  I have yet to see any figures at Target, so this has all been at Wal-Mart.  I was just curious if anyone else has been seeing this pattern.  I don't know if its just because they are just starting out, or if they need to ship more or what, but the figures sure seem to be selling great (even the repacks), so you'd think they would want to keep those pegs stocked a little more regularly.  I mean, I'm not complaining, the only figures I haven't seen on the pegs yet are the Hoth R2 and Vader, but I think that's more just been dumb luck than anything else :).

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2006, 11:34 AM »
Brian,

I have only seen them at Walmart once (Hoth), and the Carkoon did the same thing, hit once at Walmart then nothing. When Hoth showed up, the ratio was 3 Carkoon to either 1 or 2 cases of Hoth depending on the volume of the store.

Targets here have put out the Hoth wave on Saturday, and then either yesterday or today they put out the second shipment. Same thing with Carkoon when the hit. Target seems currently to be putting out 3 cases of Carkoon to 2 cases of Hoth. So, yes, the have hit multiple times. Bad thing is they are hitting multiple tiimes at Target and that means paying more per figure.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline stabler

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Outside of a freak visit to a KB that was STACKED for some odd reason, I've only ever seen scant remnants, some Bibs, Baradas so the first hoth 'scrap' I came upon I had to gobble up without hesitation. At least I never bought the deluxe Riekan from the defunct 'saga' line. I think you have to get there 15 minutes early with your nose on the door and run for gold to get them when they are 'released'. I'm not conducting funny business with the stockroom, so I don't know what's when and who's who. The only folks who practice that do so because time is money, and money is playing some role in their collecting habit. *cough*scalpers *cough*
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 02:14 PM by stabler »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2006, 09:22 AM »
On an unscheduled WM stop, I picked up some At-At Drivers and the Varient Vader.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Got anothe AT Driver, love this dude!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I picked up a couple more At-At drivers, and with that, I am caught up. Again.

(Don't worry Jon, I still want yours. ;) )
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2006, 01:18 PM »
I went on a toy run this morning and the 4 stores I visited were simply rich with figures   ::)

Walmart:

4 peg hooks, totally empty.

Target:

8 peg hooks.  1 Bib Fortuna figure dangling from one of them, ripped card.

Toys 'R' Us:

3 peg hooks.  1 Mon Mothma figure.

KB Toys:

Nothing.  Apparently there's not even a star wars section anymore.

How about that?!  Nice morning haul eh?  I visited 4 ******* stores, found 15 peg hooks total and just one Saga figure, Bib Fortuna.

You really have to wonder what the hell is going on.  Why are these stores so bad at this?  First of all, there aren't enough facings or peg hooks for THE hottest action figure line at present and probably of all time.  Furthermore, of the limited peg hooks they have, they could at least put some lousy figures on them.  Even the bad ones.  EIII figures were easy to find here in just about any multiples I desired them.  And when EIII went out, Star Wars pretty much went with it.  I did see the Hoth wave one time 11 days ago and have not seen another blessed thing in any store KB, TRU, Wally, Target since.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Ha Ha went to 7 stores yesterday they had a total of 30 saga figures ...sure they were pegwarmers..leia,han, and bib(they been sitting a couple of weeks now) but I think the stores are pausing before ordering the geonosis line. Some no doubt have factored that their store inventory time is coming up shortly.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Went to a local Target... looks like they had put out 2 boxes of the Hoth wave just before I got there.

I picked up:

Veers (x2)
Snowtrooper (x2)
At-At Driver
Reeikan
Vader

Left R2 and the gonk behind. Got Derlin at a different Target a few days earlier... was the only Hoth guy on the pegs amid the Carkoon wave.

SilverZ

« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Got a shipping notice from SWS on the Bounty Hunter set today.

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2006, 10:20 PM »
You really have to wonder what the hell is going on.  Why are these stores so bad at this?  First of all, there aren't enough facings or peg hooks for THE hottest action figure line at present and probably of all time.  Furthermore, of the limited peg hooks they have, they could at least put some lousy figures on them.  Even the bad ones.  EIII figures were easy to find here in just about any multiples I desired them.  And when EIII went out, Star Wars pretty much went with it.  I did see the Hoth wave one time 11 days ago and have not seen another blessed thing in any store KB, TRU, Wally, Target since.

The pegs have been empty for the most part since Thanksgiving here as well. 

I just wish that in these non-movie years Hasbro would pull their heads out of their asses and just get the assortments adjusted and actually ship a decent amount of the figures that we all know will sell.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2006, 10:59 PM »
Was actually surprised to find 2 At-At Drivers, 2 Snowtroopers and a Riekkan at Walmart this evening. Well not surprised about the General but the army builders yes.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2006, 04:56 AM »
I think it's a sign of the times when the repacks, packed 1 per figure, go first and the new figures sit longer.

Even in OTC when it first started shipping, the repacks still sat and new figures were the hot ones.  Now all of a sudden nobody cares about the new figures while the repacks are gobbled up...  It stinks of people reselling them I'm afraid.  That's just my observation though.

I can't even find Fett's for the kids.  It's downright frustrating.

I found the 3 new Carkoon figures one at a time...  Eventually though I saw that they really sat to some extent while you couldn't find a Chewbacca in chains to save your life.  It's almost comical really. :)  But yeah, Hasbro's supposedly making this line and these repacks for kids...  This is what's here to keep the peopel from ROTS who got into it because of that film and aren't die-hard collectors right?  Wellllllll, I'm thinking that's more a load of **** with every passing week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77