Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 287500 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Picked up an extra Madine for customizing. :P

You mean Derlin, right?

I picked him up last week. ;)

Picked up one more, and possibly my last At-At driver today.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2006, 12:44 PM »
finally found a Sora at WM

Offline McCusto

• Youngling
  • Saum Beatah Ay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2006, 12:47 AM »
Picked up the early Darth Vader's Jedi Starfighter titanium today at Target. (The green one)

Offline jepoy

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2006, 01:02 AM »
My gf picked up almost the entire Hoth wave (sans Power Droid) for me. She's great :)

It seems though, that places are severely understocked all the time...urgh....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2006, 04:38 AM »
I got a couple Sun Fac's today at Target.

Of course no Clones to be found.

Scored tons of other great goodies at the Toy Show...  But Sun Facs were a bit of a surprise.  That whole wave has been a pain to find here irregardless of character.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I picked up a Sora Bulq at KB Toys this weekend, so now its just that pesky Utapau Clone to find :).  The Geonosis wave is starting to show up around here a little more, but its always just the bugs when I've found them (aside from the lone Sora at KB).  Our local WM continues to have bare pegs, and is filling them with other stuff at this point.  They are stocked full of Titanium, Transformers, and Choppers though :).  I also picked up the Titanium Millennium Falcon (Battle Ravaged).  I always wanted to get this one, but I have to admit I was tempted a couple time this weekend to collect this line further and pick up the Gunship, AT-AT, and a few others.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2006, 11:21 AM »
I bought my first true saga figure on Saturday. I got the C-3PO with battle droid head (it's the version with the battle driod head already attached). I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am not going to do what I did last year and drive around, wasting an a**load of gas just in the hopes of finding a figure. No more 8 AM Target/11PM Wal-Mart runs on the weekends either. It's just too stressful and expensive. I will collect the VOTC stuff and I don't care if I really get any UGH or bounty hunt or whatever they're calling it this week figures. If I luck into them great and if not oh well. I think I just hit the shows and work out some trades with dealers for anything I want that I can't find. I'll get what I come across that I find cool. Otherwise if Hasblo wants my dollar they can make this stuff easier to get.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2006, 05:54 PM »
No more 8 AM Target/11PM Wal-Mart runs on the weekends either. It's just too stressful...

Ooooooooookay then!

(Agreed, definitely time for you to hang it up then.)

:)
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2006, 05:56 PM »
believe it boys and girls the coruscant wave is hitting.  found lushros about 10 minutes ago at local target.   ;D  but the only bad thing was i go around to the next isle over and i see a mom w/son and there's 3 other figs in the cart.  from what i saw with the brief glance that i took 1 definately had orange markings so it was either Cody or a grunt.  i go the next isle over and here the kid tell his mom about getting a video game instead and she says but we'll have to put the star wars back.  so needless to say i spent the rest of my lunch basically stalking this lady and kid to see if they put them back/down somewhere.  If I was only 5 minutes faster I could've grabbed them they only one row down when I got there  :'(
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2006, 06:16 PM »
believe it boys and girls the coruscant wave is hitting.  found lushros about 10 minutes ago at local target.   

Lucky bastard.

>:( >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2006, 12:53 AM »
I picked up Obi-Wan and Holo Ki this morning. Just missed Cody and the fire pilot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jepoy

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2006, 02:00 AM »
believe it boys and girls the coruscant wave is hitting.  found lushros about 10 minutes ago at local target.   ;D  but the only bad thing was i go around to the next isle over and i see a mom w/son and there's 3 other figs in the cart.  from what i saw with the brief glance that i took 1 definately had orange markings so it was either Cody or a grunt.  i go the next isle over and here the kid tell his mom about getting a video game instead and she says but we'll have to put the star wars back.  so needless to say i spent the rest of my lunch basically stalking this lady and kid to see if they put them back/down somewhere.  If I was only 5 minutes faster I could've grabbed them they only one row down when I got there  :'(

Man I've; only seen/held ONE Geonosis wave figure. I'm not ready for Coruscant wave! Yarrrr!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I bought my first true saga figure on Saturday. I got the C-3PO with battle droid head (it's the version with the battle driod head already attached). I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am not going to do what I did last year and drive around, wasting an a**load of gas just in the hopes of finding a figure. No more 8 AM Target/11PM Wal-Mart runs on the weekends either. It's just too stressful and expensive. I will collect the VOTC stuff and I don't care if I really get any UGH or bounty hunt or whatever they're calling it this week figures. If I luck into them great and if not oh well. I think I just hit the shows and work out some trades with dealers for anything I want that I can't find. I'll get what I come across that I find cool. Otherwise if Hasblo wants my dollar they can make this stuff easier to get.

Yeah, I agree with Ithorian Clergy.... you won't be able to get much for trade with a c3po at a convention...it's too much gas....no need stressing out....time to hang it up; more for us ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Otherwise if Hasblo wants my dollar they can make this stuff easier to get.

Hasbro is not responsible for 'how easy it is for you to get', retail is. Hasbro simply fills the orders for retail's requests. It's retail's fault for not recognizing a higher demand/insufficient production. It's a big selling line and retail mistakingly determined the line would lose interest in a non movie year. There's 4 pegs for basic at most of my WM's-Is that Hasbrow's fault too? 

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Man, and I thought this was the civil board. Looks like I could have been wrong...

As for "easy to get" what I meant was ( and I should have just stated what I meant) is that instead of putting out 30 figures at a time or in weekly waves they could put out less figures and increase the carton counts. something along the lines of what they did with POTF2. I don't recall having issues getting star wars figures in the 70's when they first came out either.

But to blame Wal-mart for blank pegs....Come on, star wars is probably 1/10 of a percentage point of their sales revenue. They could care less but blank pegs are not exactly because they don't order enough or stock the shelves appropriatly. It's the scalpers, the hot wheels guys, the geeks living in mom's basement who do the ebay thing (or grandmas doing the ebay thing-I've seen them stalk the aisles too) and those that think they need to snag avery single one of the hot figure to trade and pass on to their friends because if they don't the "scalpers will get them" are snagging them up. Oh and the kids, since toy's are general for kids. No, that couldn't be it. It's Walmart's/Meijer's/Target's/TRU's/KB's lack of vision for not wanting to over order on a non returnable item so you can hold out and wait for it to go on clearence to get it on the cheap costing them retail dollars by sitting on shelves and not moving.

And I never said the C-3PO was for trade, I know better than to try to trade a new figure like that but I'm sure I could get some stuff out of this sealed AT-AT I've been looking to move......

We now return you to your normally scheduled board......Let's try to keep it on topic.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.