Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 289593 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #510 on: May 12, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I'm far past "giving in"... I'm to that "If I give it up, I die" level now.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 12, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Picked up Skirmish at the Senate, VTSC Luke, Greedo, Sand People, and Biker Scout tonight.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Initiate
  • Show No Mercy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 13, 2006, 02:56 PM »
TRU CW Gunship

Commander Bacara        H&V Line
Clone Trooper                 H&V Line 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 08:09 PM by Sentinel »
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."

-Betrand Russel

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 13, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Picked up two TRU Clone Wars Republic Gunships this morning. Got my case of Titanium Figures Wave 2.5 from EntertainmentEarth today as well. This is the case that has one of each type (both figures painted and patina finish).

Also got some items from an auction I bid on to finish up what I needed in UGH figures. Unfortunately the items came crushed and the silver foil on one figure was torn, so I'm not exactly pleased.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 14, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Well, after just getting my VTSC Luke, I acquired VTSC Sand person! Actually, I have a story to tell (I always have a story to tell)...

I went to the SW section of wally world. I saw tons of basic figures. No seriously, There were about 12 pegs stocked totally full with Geonosis and Coruscant. Well, the only thing I was looking for were the VTSC figures (specifically the sand person), so I was just about to leave when I saw, behind some random other items, a single peg with 2 sand people, 1 han, and about 10 Greedos. I picked up the sand person when I saw something fishy...

Ok, here's the thing: I've been collecting since I was 5. I have heard of swapouts for a year or two now, and then all of a sudden i hear TONS of stuff about VTSC pop's being stolen. But, luckily, I have never encountered any theft of any kind regarding SW items as of yesterday.

Back to the Story:

I look at one of the Greedos to see that it is very, very different than the other figures. The obvious difference is that there is NO CLAMSHELL on the Greedo figure. For a split second, I thought "why would someone take it out? Oh well". Then I realized exactly what happened. The pop's are clearly taped inside the clamshell, as everyone knows. Well, someone moronically removed the clamshell, and removed the pop (he might have taken the clamshell with him as well, because I speculated the area to see no empty clamshell). I am so furious! I know some of you guys have been putting up with this for months now, but now I realize truly how wrong it is now that I've seen it in person.

Well, at least I like my Sand person.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #515 on: May 14, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Got some more U clones (I said I was done but shiz happens).  Got a FS clone and a VTSC Han.  I was going to pass but I broke down.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2006, 04:21 AM »
I finaly found some VTSC ($12.99) and some Couruscant wave figures at a KB today (we were making a diner run and I stopped by KB) I bought two Scout troopers (the last two  ;D) a Endor Han and one Saga Obi Wan, shoulda bought two more though.  But I need to save up money still for the camera so I couldn't splurge. 
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2006, 10:49 AM »
I picked up a "ROTS Heroes and Villains" Chewbacca at TRU on Friday.  It was the only figure they had from that line, although they did have a peg dedicated to it.  Just a repack, but the cards are spiffy, and it was sort of an impulse buy.  I thought I'd at least pick up Chewie, but probably not any of the others (unless I find the upcoming Shocktrooper or maybe some of the other clones).  I also received my Lucas set from SWShop.com on Friday, and Commander Cody should be on the way from Amazon sometime this week.  Then I'm caught up, aside from the Skirmish in the Senate box set.  Hopefully Target will have it in stock this week.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2006, 10:45 PM »
picked up the new Gunship thanks to JayDouble

Also found at TRU, a Cody and Black Pilot on Saturday  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2006, 02:57 PM »
It never fails :), I had an order placed through Amazon that included a Commander Cody (the one basic figure I was missing) for $8.99 that I received yesterday.  I didn't want to pay that much, but haven't seen them around here at all and wanted to get caught up.  Of course, I stop by Target this afternoon and find two on the pegs.  I did pick up another, since I wouldn't mind having an extra, but isn't that always how it goes? :P

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 18, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Picked up 4 more VTSC Biker Scouts and Gunship yesterday.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 18, 2006, 08:38 PM »
Picked up 7 SA clones for customizing (and to keep 1 clean).  Saw plenty (24) of the new Unleashed wave, Coruscant Wave and the Hero's and Villians.  I will post this in the ROTS thread but the Walmart I went to had 2 ROTS figures; a Shock Trooper and a Sith Eyes Anakin. I scanned em and they were only 50 cents (53 cents with tax).  So I had to get the Shock Trooper and the Anakin for some customs.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 18, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Picked up the Heroes and Villians Clones after looting a sealed case.  :)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 19, 2006, 02:53 AM »
Got the newest REAL(7 inch) Unleashed figures tonite at WalMart

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #524 on: May 19, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I just found the new Unleashed wave along with the POP cool display case at WalMart but passed on the Chewie. (Seems to be the case verywhere. They only repainted the base the other 2 at least have new bases. He is the Asajj of the 3 and may also doom future assortments......

Han is the best of the lot. The shocktrooper's head is too small compared to the rest of the body. Overall he still looks ok. My favorite part of my find was the display case that holds 12 packaged Unleashed figures.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/