Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 287413 times)

SilverZ

Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2006, 07:32 PM »
I think it's a sign of the times when the repacks, packed 1 per figure, go first and the new figures sit longer.

I've been thinking about this as well, Jesse. I walked into Target on Monday night to find 4 Veers and 4 Derlin hanging on the pegs, along with one Riekeen. So not just one case of figures had been looted, but two. Of that, only a lone Riekeen, which can still be found in his Deluxe incarnation online, was left of the rehashes.

That one Target then has had 12 cases of Saga I've counted pass through the store. (I live across the street from it and sometimes check twice a day).

I fing it hard to believe that fans had their fill of a new, cool figure like Veers but are gobbling up a repainted R2-D2. Those should be hanging, or at least selling at a consistent pace with the new figures. Same with the previous wave - Boushh is left over while Barada or a (not very good) Chewbacca is scooped up?

Odd. And fishy.

Hasbro finally ships some good ratios of figure packing and speculators show up on the scene? I can see the potential for mass hysteria breaking out when the supposed Bounty Hunt cardbacks/repaints/turd-in-a-plastic-bubble shows up.  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2006, 09:32 AM »
Picked up my Astromech Driods yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2006, 09:53 AM »
I think it's a sign of the times when the repacks, packed 1 per figure, go first and the new figures sit longer.

I've been thinking about this as well, Jesse. I walked into Target on Monday night to find 4 Veers and 4 Derlin hanging on the pegs, along with one Riekeen. So not just one case of figures had been looted, but two. Of that, only a lone Riekeen, which can still be found in his Deluxe incarnation online, was left of the rehashes.

That one Target then has had 12 cases of Saga I've counted pass through the store. (I live across the street from it and sometimes check twice a day).

I fing it hard to believe that fans had their fill of a new, cool figure like Veers but are gobbling up a repainted R2-D2. Those should be hanging, or at least selling at a consistent pace with the new figures. Same with the previous wave - Boushh is left over while Barada or a (not very good) Chewbacca is scooped up?

Odd. And fishy.

Hasbro finally ships some good ratios of figure packing and speculators show up on the scene? I can see the potential for mass hysteria breaking out when the supposed Bounty Hunt cardbacks/repaints/turd-in-a-plastic-bubble shows up.  :-\

What I have noticed in recent history is that eventually, maybe a month or two after a wave is supposed to have first started showing up, is that the supply starts to overwhelm the demand and there is a stretch of a couple weeks where you can pick up just about anything you want.

I think right now (I hope) what I'm seeing is just the first trickles of waves hitting the pegs, and that soon there will be at least some kind of stock available.

Right now it literally looks like locusts came through the Star Wars section of TRU, Walmart, and Target, with just bare peg hooks remaining.  And as you look around the toy section, pegs are STUFFED full of every single other toy brand including Wrestling, Marvel Legends, GI Joe, McFarlane etc.  But Star Wars is completely bare.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 09:53 AM by Ithorian Clergy »
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2006, 10:29 AM »

I saw basically the same thing at Target yesterday.  Within the past week, they've finally stocked (missed Carkoon, straight to Hoth wave at our Targets), and there has been 4-5 Derlins, a couple of Veers and a lone Rieekan on the pegs for now.  I still haven't ever seen R2 or Vader on the pegs here, and figures like Gonk, Barada, and Chewie I have only seen the one time when I picked them up.  It does seem strange.  Our Wal-Mart here is barren also, which is always disappointing to see.  Hopefully things will start shipping a little heavier pretty soon.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Selective locust hit stores last nite...opened 5 cases of hoth saga,left 2 unopened
-picked up x10 ATAT Drivers

Picked up TH gunship and darth vader tie out of 1 titanium case as well

Saw new cases of unleashed BP's = frowned on them

several stores received x6(2 cases of 3 each) Titanium Gift packs-the ones with "raw metal Falcon"

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Had a pretty lucky morning at a Target store near work today. I found two sets of the new Unleased Battle packs, a couple complete sets of the Hoth wave figures, and the last couple of Titanium Series sets with both a white TIE Fighter and the ARC Gunship. Days like today make me wonder if I should just sign my paycheck over to Uncle George. ::)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2006, 06:48 AM »
Got the AT-AT Driver, Derlin, and Veers last night at Target...

That plus a kick ass sock monkey valentine's card = near $25.

That's a rape at retail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Got the AT-AT Driver, Derlin, and Veers last night at Target...

That plus a kick ass sock monkey valentine's card = near $25.

That's a rape at retail.

Is that $25 for the AT-AT driver, Veers and Derlin PLUS the monkey?  Or a separate $25 for the monkey?

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Slothus hooked me up with another At-At Driver. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 1, 2006, 09:45 AM »
My Bounty Hunters arrived yesterday. :D

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 2, 2006, 11:41 PM »
General Veers
Cliff
Power Droid

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 3, 2006, 10:16 AM »
Opened 4 cases of Hoth last nite with employee, no "standing there" Vader variant  :(-think I missed the boat on those-it must have been an early correction.
Opened a case of titanium wave 3, revision 1 ....took the republic gunship TH.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 3, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Saw nothing at Walmarts the last two days. This morning Targets had 2 or 3 cases of Hoth on the pegs.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 4, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Due to a counting error, I had to pick up another At-at driver for myself and bought the new figures from the Hoth Wave for my neighbor.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 4, 2006, 01:38 PM »
I BOUGHT GENERAL VEERS!!!

I finally found him! Oh **** yes.