Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 287503 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #1140 on: April 3, 2007, 11:27 PM »
I was given 3 Clones as an early "Easter" gift tonight. :)  Gotta love mom and the random gifts.

I got a 41st, an E2 Sergeant, and a Combat Engineer.  I must say, I know some guys didn't dig the eu repaints but that Combat Engineer is a pretty neat figure when you look at it...  SA, removable helmet, plus he's got the pouches on his bicep like he's got extra gear for demolitions and stuff.  I love that figure.  I gave some of mine some "gear" I have around and they look cool running alongside other Clones to do some damage to obstacles or whatnot.

I'm sorta surprised at how slow the Sergeant sold by the way...  I can't speak for everyone of course but my area I've seen him rather frequently, and given he's an SA E2 Clone in a color that wasn't terribly common...  I figured he'd have sold well.  Great figure to have a lot of too since Sergeants of course would, theoretically, be common sights.

What an excellent gift. I can't wait to find me a couple Combat engineers, they look great!  8)

As for the E2 Clone, I thought he'd be far more rare but I've seen him ten times and counting. I even saw him at Walgreen's! But, good for me, he's a great fig for my upcoming photonovel, especially because he is the main component of one of the main characters.  ;D

Maybe its the incorrect helmet coupled with the incorrect base?...  ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 5, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Picked up a couple of $5 Felucia BP's at Target today....  Not such a bad deal.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 5, 2007, 10:45 PM »
Picked up a couple of $5 Felucia BP's at Target today....  Not such a bad deal.

Scored a couple of these as well.  If we have full price ones, can we still return those and then re-purchase them at clearance?  Anyone had any luck getting the Target folks to just credit you the difference and let you keep it?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 6, 2007, 09:46 AM »
The Target around here stick to the 14 day price adjustment rule, so we're out of luck. Might work in more rural area's though.

I know I said I'm done with Saga, but did some inventory/custom experiments and discovered I can use more Jerjerrods and Veers' to make non-rank insignia officers and various ranked officers. So I picked up three more Jererrods and two more Veers yesterday. Will need to pick up a bunch more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 6, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Here's the work around.  You can buy whatever they have on the pegs on sale at $6, then take the bag straight to the service desk and return them using your old receipts.  I found a receipt for 16 Saga figs in late Feb, so I bought 16 today at $5.96 and immediately returned them for $6.64 each. Not a huge money saver, but I got about $12 back after taxes.

Used my $12 for two "Free" Death Star Gunners...not a bad deal.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 7, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Picked up two elites and an Appo for trade fodder.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 9, 2007, 09:11 PM »
1x Camoflauge Super Battle Droid
1x Camoflauge Battle Droids 2-Pack

from Target. Couldnt resist opening them. And I dont regret it either!  ;D

I am gonna return #35 Cantina Han and Titanium Dewback tommorrow or maybe Friday to get a Mace Windu/Galactic Marine 2-Pack, because Target didnt have them today, despite it being the shelf date (thats what I went for today!)

Target sucks.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 11, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Another big thanks to Bikerscout for the tip on another group of Jerjerrods. Picked up 5 more yesterday. 3 more to go with one on the way and the other two pending.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 13, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Once again, I proclaim my doneness with Saga. Traded for the last two Jerjerrods I needed. Hopefull I'm "done" done this time. ;)

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #1149 on: April 13, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Last night I purchased four loose Elite Clone Troopers and a sealed Mace Windu's Attack Battallion Battle Pack from one of the nice ladies I met over on another board and the cool thing is she only charged me Twenty Dollars for the lot. :)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 12, 2007, 10:05 AM »
5th Fleet Security trooper

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 17, 2007, 10:47 PM »
got the Ep 2 clone
egineer clone.

both from a comic shop. small selection but surprisingly a lot of clones. to bad they were $12 a piece CDN
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 18, 2007, 10:33 PM »
I finally found the WalMart wave at the Livermore WalMart yesterday, or at least the remnants of it. I picked the Kabe/Nabrun 2-pack and, of course, Kitik, in memory of my late pet mantis. There was a nice selection of good Final 22 stuff, and lots of army builders of previous waves there. Anyone in the area may want to check it out.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 9, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Picked up a Scorch and Clone Trooper Sgt. tonight at Target.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 18, 2007, 01:51 AM »
I decided this weekend that I'd do my part to help clean out the last of the Saga figures by buying any AT-AT drivers, Death Star Gunners, Clone Techs, or EII Greenies that I run into.

Which means I bought a Tech, and two Gunners this weekend.