Author Topic: Japanese Exclusive Jedi Spirits  (Read 14741 times)

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Japanese Exclusive Jedi Spirits
« on: May 15, 2003, 12:47 PM »
Did you heard this set before?Please click the
link below for photo.
http://www.joetoy.com/toy0106.htm

All I know this is from Japan.That is.I remember I have seen this set on ebay bidded
for about US$200 before.The set similiar as
Jedi Spirit 3-Pack,no hands & legs can move,
harder plastic than 3-Pack.I have no idea how many the set are produce,how much in the market.Any information would be great.

I updated your link to go directly to the Spirits page wai!   ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 08:25 PM by JediMAC »
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Japanese Exclusives Jedi Spirits
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 01:21 PM »
I've seen that set a few times before wai.  It's a custom, and a very well done one at that.  Many people consider this set to be superior to the Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene that Hasbro put out several years ago, which I'd probably agree with myself.  No idea on the numbers of production, but I know a fair amount of them hit the secondary market, so it's a "mass produced" custom, if there is such a thing.  Actual numbers - I dunno.  Maybe as many as a couple hundred?  Maybe as few as 20...  Definitely a nice set to own, but it'll likely always run you at least $100 to acquire, and probably more!  Let us know if you ever snag one!   8)

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 01:37 PM »
Hey JediMAC,
I have this set.They look great.I can't believe
they are custom.Are they custom by Japanese?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 02:16 PM »
Yep, they sure are customs wai (otherwise they'd be in MY collection right now too).  Just click your link in your first post above (which I edited for you).  You'll see the title for these figures is Custom Made Star Wars Jedi Spirits Set, and then a little bit down the page, it says this about the maker:

They were made by a Japanese Star War Fan in 1997, a year before POTF2 released their Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene box set.

So there ya' go!  Nice score for you!   8)  How'd you get your set, and how much did it cost you?  I think they really look sweet, so congratulations on your great find!  LMK if you come across any more out there, as I'd be willing to buy one, but only for a reasonable amount (like $50 or so)...

BTW, which country are you in again wai?  I want to guess Hong Kong or Singapore...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 02:18 PM by JediMAC »

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 04:19 AM »
Thanks Jedi MAC.I'm from Hong Kong.I got the set for US$US30 when it first comes out.
And never saw it again in any shops.I'm sorry.

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 11:57 AM »
I think the sculpts on these are much more authentic. The Kenner (Hasbro) sculpts are too animated with the poses. The customs are posed as they should be; they deserve respect, they are proud and they look wise. Obi-Wan's robe is also done much better. I have heard about these, and I am still split on whether or not to include them on my Power of the Force Foreign & Exclusive lists (I am currently editing and reformating them). I think I will since they are a more publicized and many were produced (limited, but most customizers do not have the $$$ or the means to do this...). I realize they fall under the 'unlicensed' category, but I think I'll grant an exception for this set...

You definitely were smart to pick them up Wai. Nice catch and at a decent price too!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 11:28 AM »
if I ever come across a cheap one, I'l get it ;)

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 12:56 PM »
It seems no more information but thanks anyway.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
japanese exclusive jedi spirits?
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 10:25 PM »
i've been going through a lot of boxes of my collection lately, and uncovering stuff that i had forgotten i had. i came across two jedi spirit figures of anakin and obi-wan that i picked up on ebay a few years ago that i was told were japanese exclusive jedi spirits. they aren't really action figures, more like statues, since they have no articulation, and the poses are different from the figures that came out in the cinema scene. i also heard there was a yoda, but i don't have him.

anybody know if these are legit japanese exclusives, or are they just good (really good) custom figures? i'm inclined to say that they are too good to be customs, because they really look good. but then again, i've seen some really nice custom work on the web in the past. anybody have any info on them at all?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: japanese exclusive jedi spirits?
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 10:37 PM »
Do they look like these?

Custom Made Jedi Spirits

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 10:42 PM »
Like the customs better :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 11:27 PM »
that would be them. they are really nice looking, and i had forgotten that i bought them until i found them the other day. thanks dale  :D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Your Welcome.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Japanese exclusive Jedi spirits?
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 04:17 AM »
Yeah, those are some nice pieces there, and a set I've pondered chasing for quite a while now.  Definitely better than Hasbro's version, that's for sure.  They're exclusive to Japan as far as where they came from originally, but I wouldn't technically count them as "exclusives" since they're just "mass produced" customs.  Can't recall the production number on these now, but it was really low.  I want to say it was around either 200 or 2,000, from what I recall.  Don't remember if there were 2 or 3 zeroes on there though, but I'm pretty sure it started with a 2...   :P

Any idea how much you paid for them Dave?  Or why you didn't get the Yoda Spirit that came with them?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 09:13 AM »
not sure why the yoda wasn't included. maybe the seller wanted yoda more than the other 2 so he/she kept it? i don't know. if memory serves correctly (which it may or may not, been a while) i think i paid around $65 for these two. but i honestly don't recall.