Author Topic: Which Sci Fi Movies/TV/Games.. would You Like to See get the 3 3/4" Treatment  (Read 9818 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
I've alway been a Die Hard 3 3/4" Action figure Collector. But, So Much of the Sci-Fi Media That I love So Much Has Never received the  Proper Toy Lines they So Richly Deserves. So What I want to Know is which Sci-Fi Toy Lines are on Your  3 3/4" Wish List.

Mine Are:

1. "Aliens" They had an Interesting 5" Scale Line. But it did not Satisfy my Die Hard 3 3/4" Collecting Obssesion. Hopefully This Wish Will Come True. I saw some Pics From the Hong Kong Toyfare, and in Some of the Pics Blurry Images of 4" Colonial Marines Could be Seen in the Background. But, Until I can Hold them in My Hands their no more Confirmed to me as BigFoot or the Lock-Ness Monster.
 I really Need some 3 3/4" Colonial Marines.

2. "StarShip Troopers" This Movie Had some Great Sci-FI Designs. They Also Had a Toy Line But again it Was in the Wrong Scale, I fact I think the Line Was Made in 2 Scales One Action Fleet Scale and the Other about 5"'s. The 5" line was way too Cartoony for my taste.

3. "BattleStar Galatica" A NeoClassic 3 3/4" in Line would be awsome. I loved the Original Toy Line from the 70's, Although The Human Characters Looked Like Crap. If It Was Made Today You Could Really Have Excellent Looking Versions of Your Favorite Characters.

4. "Space Above And Beyond" This Would have Made a Great Toy Line. The Vehicles and Aliens are Some of the Best Designs to come Out of Sci-FI Televison In the 90's

5.  "Masters of the Universe" The Movie. I know that Movie was Total Crap but I have to have an Army of Skeletor's Black Armored Troopers.

Thats My List, Please LMK yours
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Fritz, they're real...  The Colonial Marines.  They're part of HOt Toyz's line, which I have S1 of...  Need S2, and I'm assuming the "Aliens" figures of Marines and Ripley are part of S3...  Definitely the same line though and 3.75" so your wish is granted to at least some limited extent.

I just hope they keep going with it, and maybe we see some accessories beyond the snapkit figures.  I want Ripley's Mech loader at least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
King Kong. I'd love to see a 3.75' Jack Driscoll, Carl Denham, Ann Darrow, Jimmy, Preston, Bruce Baxter, and a Skull Islander. Creatures (I'm thinking Scorpio-Pedes, Foetodons, Weta-Rexes, Arachno-Claws, V-Rexes, etc) to scale with the figures would be cool too. a 10-12' Kong would be a must as well.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
The Labyrinth (1986)

I think it'd be awesome to have an action figure of Jareth the Goblin King (David Bowie in spandex)... There were some really classic characters in that movie. The little pot-headed (heh) knights and their mutant steeds, Ambrocious and Sir Didymus, The Goat-headed guards, the Bird-headed wise man, a large scale (Real fur!) Ludo, etc, etc!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
I'd love to see some Aliens and Predator figures in 3.75" scale.  There are some Predator Micro-men sized figures, I think, but I want a line imported into the US.

I'd also love to see "Starship Troopers."  I loved that movie and have most of the Galoob collection that did come out.  The figs are really crappy but the Action Fleet stuff is awesome. 

Babylon 5, Lord of the Rings, Battlestar Galactica (new), Star Trek.

There are a lot of other films and TV shows that I can think of one or two uniforms that I wouldn't mind seeing but not really full lines.  And as much as I love the 3.75" scale I'd really like to see some really detailed figures in 12" scale.  Then you get even better detail and more articulation choices in your figures.

Too bad some company couldn't get the licenses and do sort of a Captain Action type line where it's just uniform sets, no figures.  Then you could buy one or two uniforms or build a huge army or whatever.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Hi Fritz, mine would be as follows.

Battle Beyond the Stars
Battlestar Galactica (Original TV Series and Movie, would love a new sculpt Ovion)
Firefly (TV Series and Movie)
Dark Crystal (Especially Jen and Kira)
Labyrinth (I have to agree Jareth would be a must, can you imagine him as a Sith Master/Dark Jedi)
Andromeda
Farscape
Aliens (Especially Alien Ressurection, would love a Ron Pearlman and the cool African American)
Starship Troopers
The Black Hole (Would love a modern remake of vincent and maximillian)
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (TV Series)
Ewoks and Droids (Cartoon TV Series)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:33 PM by Captain J Sparrow »

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
1) Battlestar Galactica (original and revisioned)
as a kid I always dreamed of owning a Viper that my figures could fit in.

2)Star Trek (all) the only reason this is not #1 is cuz I got a zillion of the Playmates line.

3) Robotech (all) including vehicles (1:18 scale Veritech, awesome!)

4) Ghost in the Shell SAC including vehicles. Walking tanks anyone?
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Oooo. So many lines to choose from.

I'd like to see for the first time or updated versions of:

1) Battlestar Galactica (70s series)
2) Star Trek (70s series)
3) Buck Rogers (more 70s cheese)
4) Planet of the Apes (1st 3 movies)
5) Stargate (movie)
6) Flash Gordon (b&w serials)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Spaceballs
MOTU
X-Files
Ewoks
Droids
Holiday Special  ;D
« Last Edit: December 8, 2006, 08:09 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
+ Ewok Movies
+ Droids/Ewoks Cartoons
+ Starship Troopers Movies
+ Starship Troopers Animated Series
+ The Labyrinth

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
I've alway been a Die Hard 3 3/4" Action figure Collector. But, So Much of the Sci-Fi Media That I love So Much Has Never received the  Proper Toy Lines they So Richly Deserves. So What I want to Know is which Sci-Fi Toy Lines are on Your  3 3/4" Wish List.

Mine Are:

1. "Aliens" They had an Interesting 5" Scale Line. But it did not Satisfy my Die Hard 3 3/4" Collecting Obssesion.

They're making Die Hard figures?!  ******' a, man--mark me down for a Hans Gruber.  And that black computer nerd dude from Walker, Texas Ranger, too--but only if he has articulated knees so he can sit down at the computer and hack into the vault.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
I think He just randomly Shifts words when he Types...

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Anything Dark Crystal I would love to see get made. There were the 12" Jen and Kira and the mini busts of Aughra, Skesis Chamberlain and the Mystic. I would however like a figure line of this movie with playsets. God, i've dreamed about that for a looooooong time...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
I think He just randomly Shifts words when he Types...

Ohhhhhhh. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
HALO

I know they already have figs for the game, and the 7 inch figs are cool, but their 2-inch line just doesn't cut it.

Think how awesome that would be: Master Chief, Marines, ODSTs, Spartans, Grunts, Jackals, vehicles, Flood, all with Hasbro style articulation and accesories.

I would buy a crapload.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...