Author Topic: which one is rarest?  (Read 5083 times)

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
which one is rarest?
« on: May 15, 2003, 12:52 PM »
FF Weequay
Green Card Retooled Vader
SOTE Leia Boushh Coll.1 (US card)

All 3 were same to me,so hard to find & so
expensive to have.I think it would be Leia Boushh Coll.1 because I never saw this sell on
any shops.
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Which one is the rarest?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 01:34 PM »
Boy, that's a tough call wai.  I'd probably say you definitely picked the top three toughest ones for your list there, but of the bunch, I couldn't guess which is the rarest.  I'd say that the Freeze Frame Weequay has gotten the most publicity of the 3, and unless things have changed recently, I think it generally sold for the highest price too - usually $200+ back when I was keeping an eye on it.  So that would be my uneducated guess at it.

Someone else who's got more up to date information might have a more accurate idea though, since I haven't paid much attention to the POTF2 line in the last year or two...

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: which one is rarest?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 03:40 AM »
My vote would be Weequay because of the inability to get him in the U. S. He seems to be more difficult to track down (rare) and more in demand than the other 2.

If we are talking about rare though, you have to include:

- Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi red card (headshot/longsaber ) & (short saber/longtray versions)

- Boba Fett figures that are missing an emblem or skull

- Luke Skywalker (Tatooine) red card transition tray

- Pondo Baba green card, Collection 3, gray beard

honorable mention would go to the Freeze Frame Sandtrooper or the Captain Piett 'Baton' figure...

"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 01:19 PM »
FF Weequay, Green Card Retooled Vader & SOTE Leia Boushh Coll.1 US cards are very though to find IMO.

As for price, nothing beats the AFA auctions that Tom has at Cloud City.  :o
FF Weequay
SOTE Leia Boushh Coll.1

This one kills me.  :o
R2-D2 Holo Leia Round Ft Pegs

The prices for AFA figures are just plain nuts.  ::)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 01:21 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 10:44 AM »
Sounds like there should be more figures add in this rarest  figures group.I also found one more figure-European THX Ben Long Saber.I heard a news(rumor).Except any variations & error,FF Weequay is the rarest,European THX Ben Long Saber is second.I have no idea on this news.I have the following THX figures:

European Orange Card
Darth Vader Long Saber
Luke Skywalker Long Saber
Han Solo
Chewbacca

Japanese European Orange Card
Ben Long Saber

Japanese Orange Card
Ben Short Saber
Luke Short Saber
R2-D2
Stormtrooper

It 's hard to complete THX set.Let me know your thought.

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 12:41 PM »
I am now confused, but very intrigued and curious...

After countless hours of scrolling through ebay auctions and pages of figure guides, I have a list that does not conflict with yours in terms of the figures involved, but it does as far as the source goes.

Am I correct when I assume that all the THX inserts originated in Japan? I think they made it to Europe and were released there.

What is a Japan/European figure?

Are there full sets for all 3, Japanese, Japan/European & European?

These are the figures I am positive were released with THX inserts on an Orange/Red card(short, long sabers aside):
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi  
Boba Fett
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Han Solo
Lando Calrissian
Luke Skywalker (x-wing)
Princess Leia Organa
R2-D2
Stormtrooper

I have not heard of a Luke Skywalker with THX insert other than the x-wing version. Are yours the Tatooine Luke?

I've seen full sets minus a figure or 2 on ebay lately. They are very cool and rare. Nice stuff Wai!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 06:24 AM »
Yes,mine is Tatooine Luke w/Long Saber in European Orange Card and Luke Tatooine w/short saber in Japanese Orange Card.All I know is THX can be found in European Orange Card,Japanese European Orange Card, Japanese Orange Card (same as US card).I don't know or have no idea how many figures in each set.12 figures, last time I heard from ebay.You can only find THX in European card only.None were release in US card (version).
European Card is more rare than Japanese
card.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2003, 11:17 AM »
I'd say Weequay, Boushh, Vader.  I've never physically seen the first 2, but the Vader was around alot when it first came out.  People would take him out and replace him with a regular Vader and return the pack. >:( :-X :'(
A local comic/toy shop here has one, but they want alot.  I could get it cheap, if I had brand spankin' new figures to trade.  This shop encourages scalping by paying $13-$15 for new figs.  
« Last Edit: June 2, 2003, 11:19 AM by Hung Solow »
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: U.S. Freeze Frame Weequay
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 08:58 PM »
As for price, nothing beats the AFA auctions that Tom has at Cloud City.  :o
FF Weequay

Holy crap!  $660 on that FF Weequay?!?   :o  Damn.  I'm working with Bob right now on a trade that will hopefully polish off 3 of the last 5 Freeze Frames that I need, leaving me of course with the Sandtrooper and the dreaded Weequay...   :'(

I was amazed at this Weequay auction that ended at around $458, but I guess Tom's blew this one out of the water!  God I'm not looking forward to tracking down this piece.  Getting a monster headache just thinking about it...  Why, oh why, must I be such an avid, obsessive compulsive completist...?   :-\  (that's a rhetorical question folks, please no flaming!   :-*)

Offline ezehogan

• Youngling
  • Blast them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 02:42 AM »
This kind of thing sure makes me glad I am a loose collector!  A common Weequay and a FF Weequay look the same to me!

The only bad thing is, I've opened a few "rare" figures, which I could've traded for more loose stuff had I played my cards right.
Mr. Burns:  "Use an open faced club!  A sand wedge!"

Homer:  "Mmmmmm open face club sandwhich...."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 09:51 AM »
I've done the same thing ezehogan or should I say my son has done that.  I think the rarest thing he opened was the vintage Luke stormtrooper (how could I tell him no after he fell off his bike?? :-\ ).   He also opened up the old Han in Carbonite but I'm not sure what one would be worth more now.  Oh well, I was such a softy when he'd give me that "I love you Mom" look.  (It's been replaced with the "I love you Mom, my gas tank is one E" look).

Ahh..what a walk down memory lane this topic was.....
Beth

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 03:30 PM »
Out of the original 3 listed, Vader retooled would be the easiest to acquire.  Weequay may be the toughest.  Although I saw him once on the pegs (passed him up for a FF Tie Pilot).  The Leia rarely comes up for sale or on auction.  Just my opinion.