Author Topic: What did you think of the "Special Edition" movies?  (Read 8443 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: What did you think of the "Special Edition" movies?
« Reply #15 on: June 5, 2003, 04:23 PM »
Yeah, but I'll have to see how good I am at editing.  Still have to get both versions of OT and a new 'puter.  Hoping for around 3 Ghz, 512 Mb of Ram and better software.  Upping the DVD burn speed would be good too.  No matter, some time around October should be time for the new Dell to roll in.   ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: June 5, 2003, 08:43 PM »
Definately keep me up to date on this, too, because I am very interested... Ewok's make money, too, and Ewoks love the true OT as well.  :-*...

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2003, 01:14 PM »
My thoughts.

I've recently re-watched the special editions.  I think if I was going to make a set of Star Wars movies I would take the original New Hope, the updated Empire Strikes Back, and the original Return of the Jedi.  Here's why:

New Hope:  Lucas improved on alot of stuff, but like it's already been pointed out, the Greedo death scene ruined the experience.  Everything else was great!  From Han chasing the Storm troopers into a room filled with Storm troopers and having to retreat, to the new Death Star Explosion.  However, because of that one Greedo scene I'll stick with the original New Hope.

Empire Strikes Back:  The whole movie was great.  The added creature footage (the eating of the tonton), the windows in Cloud City.  It was all good, and I don't remember anything being taken out.  I didn't like the Luke scream either, but it didn't kill the movie.

Return of the Jedi:  HATED THIS VERSION!!!!  I can't stand the fact that Lucas tore out original scenes in Jabas palace and inserted completely new characters.  The new band singer sucked.  I didn't like the Boba Fett flirting either.  Unlike alot of people, I hated the end celebration.  I liked the original ending, didn't think they needed to flash to every major planet and show celebrations.  I could throw this movie out and wouldn't even miss it!

Just my humble, yet correct, opinion ;)
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 03:36 PM »
i was 13 when these came out, so it was awesome to me because i'd pretty much grown up unknowing that anyone else liked starwars and i'd collected and played with the old figures my whole life and had gotten sidetracked on batman. so this was like a god send back then. it also kinda made the prospect of the prequels seem real. i still miss the ewok music at the end of jedi.