Author Topic: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 12/16) Custom Challenge entries  (Read 63870 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 5/04)
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Very nice new updates, Ennis!  What a shame that this thread got bumped to page 2... I'll fix that!  :)

Great story about the Twi'lek jedi, and nice painting too -- I like that aqua color you used. :)

And that souped-up NJO Falcon is just spectacular!  Excellent work, and congratulations on your first vehicle custom.  An ausicious start, I'd say!  8)

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 6/16)
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2006, 08:01 PM »
I've got another quick update. Finally after months of dissappointment, I finally have my Fe-Mando 90% complete. All that is missing is her human head. I accidently broke peices off when I went to take this picture. :( >:( So I will post it at another time.

Un-Named Female Mandalorian

I decided to go for a pink and black color scheme. I think it makes her look very feminine ( Sp?). My roommate on the other hand beleives she beat up Brett "The Hitman" Hart and stole his tights. Sadly I have to agree with him, though that was not what I intended. ;)

I have to give special thanks to two people for the inspiration for this. CommanderKorbora and aeSeven. I saw their awesome Femandos and I had to do my own. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 08:27 PM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Looks good D_E - I'm a fan of the Hit Man color scheme.  Gotta love the 80s wrestling reference - thanks for the smile.  While I love the bare midriff, its not exactly mando-armor protection like :)  Also for some reason I think the hips look to be off a little bit.  Its almost like her waist is too big above the belt for her legs.

However, this is still an excellent addition to the Mando ranks!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2006, 08:30 PM »
I know it isn't exactly battle worthy, but I kinda like the bare middriff thing. She started out with a Babes of Star Wars type of theme when I started. Its kind of a nod to Fritzkreig in that respect. ;) If her head is finished by tomorrow I hope to get her pictured without the helmet.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Ya can't have enough bareness when it comes to ladies  ;D, except for Gardulla the Hutt, that is  :-\.

The Fe-Mando (perhaps make an anagram out of this for her name?) looks great! How did you go about making this figure?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2006, 01:18 AM »
Ya can't have enough bareness when it comes to ladies  ;D, except for Gardulla the Hutt, that is  :-\.

You obviously haven't seen my Gardulla :)  Sorry to hijack this thread

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2006, 03:13 AM »
Dude, it looks like she's got a piece! :-X

She's the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be! ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2006, 03:23 AM »
I still have a hard time seeing a female Mandalorian wanting to expose her belly like that, but it's definitely hot.  Good work Ennis!

:)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Hey great work man! I was wondering when you'd finish yours! I think that's an awesome color scheme too. Do you have an entire parts list by any chance? I'd love to hear exactly what parts are in that thing. Oh and thanks for the mention of my name :)
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Nice job!

I like the way the parts all came together! I don't know if I'd pick pink for the armor color, it seems a little clishay. I'd suggest a more sensible color w/ some Battle Scaring and weathering.

Keep up the great work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Here she is with her proper head. The cool part about this is I left it to where her head could be switched out for her helmet. This is however not the head I had originally planned to use. That one will appear on the Mara Jade I'm working on now. This one looked better.

I appreciate everyones comments, pink is a little cliche but I like it. I do however think that she came out great, and I have plans to do a 2.0 version using the same basic materials, but with a more realistic approach. I really liked the yellow one that CommanderKorbora did from the Insider article, so I think Ill be trying my hand at that one. Hopefully that one will come out better.

Dont worry BrentS I think Gardulla is much hotter. :P ;D

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 6/18)
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2006, 08:16 PM »
I really like the Quinlan Vos a few pages ago, and that NJO Falcon is fantastic. It makes hasbro's plastic might look even better.

but the real fiend here is that Dash Rendar. He's always been a personal favorite for me, and I love your custom.

Excellent stuff!

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2006, 07:40 AM »
Hey D E, very nice work mate! Could you please post the recipe of your femano? It looks great.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Ah yes the recipe. I knew I forgot something. :-[

the basic body was a ROTS Aayla Secura. I cut off her boots and added those of a Vvs.V Scarlett. Her arms were from the Baroness, I had to sand down the pegs a bit, but they fit witout any trouble. I hollowed out the helmet of a Jango figure so it would fit on the neck post. The shoulder pads and gauntlets were from a severely beaten up POTF boba I had dremmeled to fit. The chest armor is all sculpy, her belt is a clone's. The head is from Agent Courtney Kreiger it popped on to the neckpost with no modifications whatsoever.

All her joints move perfectly.I have to say that as far as construction goes this is one of my best works.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2006, 03:53 PM »
I got so into explaining the Femando that I forgot to post this.

Mara Jade Skywalker.

She has been in the making for almost a year now. I finally develpoed the process that made my vision a reality.

I have been wanting a SA Mara for years now. I started making her about a month before Katrina hit out of a ROTS Luminara. I dug her out of the bottom of a box about 2 months ago. But I could never find a proper head for her. And I was never really satasfied with the articulation in her arms.

I was originally going to use the Agent Kreiger head for this one. But after the femando head that I was using broke I fixed it and decided that this was a better head for Mara, so I switched them.

The recipe is as follows.
Head: Elisabeth Swan POTC. I trimmed off the silly hat and added hair via Sculpy. I had to hollow it out a little to fit the neckpost.
Body : ROTS Luminara. This is the perfect SW female body for customs. A little sanding and its virtually a blank slate.
Boots: Baroness. I cut them at the knee and glued them on. It took a little work to get the knees to function properly.
Arms: Baroness. I sanded down the ridges on the Baroness sleves amd trimmed down the pegs to fit into the shoulder hole.
The belt is a trimmed down baroness belt, and the chest straps are glued on rubber bands.

Let me know what you think.