Author Topic: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 12/16) Custom Challenge entries  (Read 63876 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 3/03)
« Reply #45 on: March 4, 2006, 11:10 AM »
No Chewie I dont take offense. ;) Any and all critiques are welcome. Granted the Blue is a little too pastel but thats kinda what I was going for. Ive never really seen snow camo beforeso it was a color scheme that I did on the fly. IVe got a couple of troops for him I'm working on. I want to give him a 4 man squad but for some reaon those damn Snow troopers keep disappearing off the shelves faster than I can grab them.

Cap was a labor of love, him I wanted to be perfect because he is my personal hero. Super heroes have become a second customising hobby of mine. They sort of refresh my batteries for my SW stuff. Heroes are something I started customising when I was a kid starting with the Secret Wars line back in the 80's.
They started me on the path that I now follow. Of course back then there wasnt a name for this hobby, I was just the weird kid that painted his toys. :P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #46 on: March 5, 2006, 09:36 PM »
I like the snow clone commander, I think the color scheme works perfectly.  Do you have a reverse shot of his camo kama?  I try not to use camoflauge on my clones, but since Lucas decided that it works, then I don't really have a problem with it.  I think the color choices on that camo pattern looks pretty good.  My only complaint with the figure is that you used the Bacara body instead of doing a body swap with a #41 clone.  That's just my personal aversion to clones with minimal articulation and isn't meant to take anything away from the way the clone turned out, because it looks great.  I just like to err on the side of too much articulation  ;)  :P
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 6, 2006, 10:22 AM »
DE- I think the Snow Commander is very good idea.  I think the blue cammo probably works.  However, it appears that the paint as gone on a little too thick.  Maybe they can be blended in together a bit more?

I think Captain America looks cool.  I'm not a Marvel collector but I do like your super heroes.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 6, 2006, 11:15 AM »
the reason that I used Bacara is because I wasnt sure that the camo would work. It was just a throw away practice figure that ended up looking pretty cool. He was a test subject, but since he turned out so well, Im going to probably re do him using a better body.

Im glad everyone has liked Cap so far. Unfortunately I didnt notice it until last night, that I forgot to put the "A" on his forehead. :-[ So Im going to have to remedy that. Ive got a few more heroes that I havent actually posted due to library time restraints so I will be sparadicly updating over the next couple of days or so. That and I have a few more actual Star Wars customs too. :P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Ennis' Monster Garage ( Updated 2/02)
« Reply #49 on: March 6, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Time for a little update. Forgive me Phruby for I have sinned. ;D

You are forgiven my son. Please kiss the ring and deposit your check in the box on the right.  ;)

I really like this clone. The two tone colors make him look very icy. I like the pattern on the skirt. However the Captain America is by the far the better of the two customs. Very well detailed and animated looking. He reminds me of Glassman's work.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 6, 2006, 03:31 PM »
To have my work compared to Glassmans is an honor. That is one of the best compliments I've gotten, as his work was a big influence on these. Thank you.

BTW the ring has been kissed and the check has cleared. :P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Kurse the bounty hunter.
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Kurse the bounty hunter is an enigma. No one knows who he is or where he came from. All that is known about him is that he has been around for as long as anyone can remember. He has no qualms about who he works for so long as they can pay his price. It is believed that the helmet he wears is a symbol of his prowess. Taking it from the body of a Mandalorian warrior he defeated in mortal combat.

Reported dead several years ago, he has turned up very much alive and in the employ of the Bando Korba terrorist organization. What part he will play in the Clone Wars has yet to be revealed.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Kurse the bounty hunter.
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 12:24 PM »
Cool custom Ennis, very good painting on him.  I like the idea of a Mandalorian with a cape.

That kind of reminds me of Bledda, a Mandalorian I made.  Seeing yours makes me realize I should get back to working in him, he's always seemed to be missing something.

:P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 12:56 PM »

SURPRISE!!! ;D  Does he look familiar Chewie?
Check the Rykroff Project thread for more info on this one. ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:02 PM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Awesome, I wasn't expecting that!   ;D

:P

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Hey, Nice job on this figure. Reminds me a bit of Carnor Jax with a Mandalorian helmet instead of the Royal Guard helmet. Nice surprise, there with the Rykrof head, I wasn't expectiong it :D
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2006, 04:36 PM »
What a cool surprise! I like that color scheme for this guy. The helmet actually works well here.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Now that is a great looking bounty hunter the colours are really well done and not over bearing and the cloth cape is a good idea and the use of the blue guard is great I did'nt even think they had that much detail under their robes.

Ron

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 07:14 PM »
I like it. Chewie-You should use this idea as a starting point where in the photonovel, RE could sneak back into the Bado Corba terror cell.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Admiral Screed
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Admiral Screed has always been a character that I have wanted. But seeing as how I could support a small country for a year on what he goes for, I decided  that making one would be the better way to go. :o

After several failed attempts using various POTF2 imperial bodies I had just about given up all hope. That is until the new SAGA Veers figure appeared.

Heres what I came up with.

His body is completely Veers as is the hat. ( dremmeled out of course)
The bottom of the coat came from one of the 21C germans.
And the head is some El Cheapocabra mexican Joe knockoff figure from the dollar store. Generous amounts of sculpy for the chest and arm, and several large rubberbands make up his belts and pockets. I decides to take a more real approach, than cartoon. But I have to say he looks a bit like Albert Finney, in a uniform. BUt I like it. ;D

I have also given some thought to making an entire line of realistic Droids figures, any suggestions that you may have are always welcome. Mongo Baobob will be next on the agenda.

Next up is a Yellow clone. Nothing special about him just thought I'd share. :P